Chapter 10; Seeing Red

Red Lines

  SPRING; March

Saturday -- Evening

 

Everyone watched silently as Jiyoo took her leave. It was only the Alphas left after that. When Jungkook’s father continued to let his pheromones pin the others down, some of them began to get antsy.

“S-Sir, why are you not releasing us?” Namjoon asks as respectfully as his Alpha instinct would let him. His question still came out as a bit of a bitter remark, though Jungkook’s father doesn’t punish him any more than keeping his Alpha pheromones in the area.

“Because you all need to be punished too.” Jungkook’s father says coldly, “And to think that you’re all Alphas somehow.”

 

It was a deep blow to all of them- Especially those that had done something wrong towards Jiyoo.

Suga grit his teeth and balled his fists even as blood began to drip from the open cuts in his skin.

Jimin felt his stomach sink and tears pricked at his eyes as he remembered the person he became from Jiyoo’s pheromones. He could only think of the words animal and monster.

Namjoon felt himself get angry at Jungkook’s father’s words, but it only added fuel to the fire when he realized that it was all his fault for not controlling the situation better as the leader.

Seokjin’s eyes, which were locked on Jiyoo this entire time, were now staring at the floor. He was too embarrassed to even look in Jiyoo’s direction after what he’d done.

Hoseok had an empty expression, though his eyes said another thing as they smoldered with regret.

Taehyung looked like a kicked puppy. He hadn’t gotten what he’d wanted (which was Jiyoo) and took it out on everyone else.

But that’s what they all did in the end.

 

Seeing that the boys were beginning to reflect on their actions, Jungkook’s father stopped releasing his Alpha pheromones and allowed them to breathe a little. The others watched as Jungkook’s father stuck out his foot a little, bending one leg so that he was slightly stretching the other leg out. The position looked really awkward, especially since he did it so out of the blue.

They didn’t realize that it was Jungkook’s father’s intention to trip Jungkook either.

 

“Seokjin, hold Jungkook down.”

Jungkook’s father didn’t need to release pheromones for Seokjin to obey his command. Jungkook let out a small scream as Seokjin pulled one arm and bent it so that Jungkook was immobilized on the floor. His face dug into the earthy ground as he hissed at the pain.

“Let me go!” Jungkook yelled, tugging against Seokjin’s hold to no avail. “I have to go after Jiyoo!”

Jungkook’s father waved his hand and Seokjin released Jungkook. Since Seokjin was still remorseful about what he’d done, his eyes were glued to the floor as he avoided eye contact with everyone. Jungkook was about to bolt for Jiyoo before it was too late when he felt his limbs lock up on him again.

Jungkook’s dad walked into the house and motioned for the others to follow him back inside. They all listened without saying another word. Only Jungkook struggled to break free of his father’s order, but since he was under the influence of Alpha pheromones, he had no choice but to shut up and listen.

 

They all sat in the living room again just as they had the day prior. Only this time, Jungkook was seated on the ground with a towel underneath him since he was still a little wet from the pool. The rest of the boys were quiet, anxious even- For they had no idea why Jungkook’s dad would say to them at this point.

“I brought you all here to talk about joining together as a group.” Jungkook’s father began, only to be distracted by Jungkook’s movements on the floor.

The latter was flailing around the best he could, his eyes burning hotter than a thousand suns as he internally screams for his father to release him. Jungkook’s father does the opposite, and instead forces Jungkook to behave. Jungkook’s pupils dilate as his body loosens up, and after a while, he’s nothing more than a doll sitting on the floor.

“Anyways…” Jungkook’s father clears his throat, “I want you all to accept Jungkook into your group.”

The others look at one another unsurely, but only Jimin speaks up about the matter.

“It would’ve just happened if we spent more time together though…” Jimin says softly, his voice hoarse after today’s events.

 

Jungkook’s father sits back into his chair and crosses one leg over the other. He looks visibly stressed and turns to stare out the window, looking deep in thought. “I can’t have that without a few ground rules.”

“Is it about Jiyoo?” Taehyung pipes up, earning a nod from Jungkook’s father.

“I don’t want her around you all unless you have your own mates.”

That was the last straw before Jungkook completely lost it. He’d tried forcing his own Alpha pheromones out to try and ward away his father’s pheromones, but nothing worked until his father had spoken about not being able to be close to Jiyoo. That made him extra worked up, causing his own pheromones to clash against his father’s pheromones until he was ultimately released.

Instead of running to Jiyoo like he wanted to, Jungkook glared at his father from his place on the floor. He was heaving from having to use his Alpha pheromones so strongly, but still had the burning will to push on.

“I don’t want a mate.” Jungkook growls, coughing a little as the spit went down the wrong pipe. “You can’t do this.”

“I can and I will.” Jungkook’s father says just as strongly.

It’s just as they say- Like father like son.

 

“Jiyoo is my best friend dad.” Jungkook argues. “You can’t just do this to her.”

Jungkook’s father raises an eyebrow, amused that his son put Jiyoo’s needs before his own selfish wants. Usually Jungkook did care for Jiyoo before himself, but he was still one to act impulsively when it came to something he wanted.

“Jiyoo isn’t old enough to be mated yet.” Jungkook’s father says, earning looks of confusion from the others.

Seokjin speaks up first, not understanding the correlation. “Wait, but if she can’t have a mate that means-”

“She hasn’t gone through puberty yet.” Namjoon finishes for him, the two looking at each other baffled.

Jimin tilts his chin to the side a little, not understanding it either. “But she’s already in her first year of high school. She was supposed to have gotten her period at least-”

“Jiyoo hasn’t had any of that yet.” Jungkook interrupts.

 

His words shut up everyone immediately. Jungkook was the youngest after all, and yet he was acting more mature than Taehyung and Hoseok, whose faces were red after hearing about Jiyoo’s puberty period not being reached.

“That’s half of it anyways.” Jungkook’s father stated, “The other part is that she’s like a daughter to me. And I don’t trust any of you to be her mate.”

He gives Jungkook a small glance and watched as his son looked almost offended to be lumped in with the others. Jungkook’s father shakes his head before looking to the rest of them again, “Even you Jungkook. You’re still too young.”

“I know everything about Jiyoo and I’ve been protecting her this whole time.” Jungkook snapped, not liking how his father seemed to be singling him out.

“And what has happened so far since the rest of the boys have come?” Jungkook’s dad rebutted.

The words didn’t come out of Jungkook’s mouth and he just sat there with a bewildered expression on his face. Jungkook’s father takes something out of his pocket and tosses it to Jungkook, who catches the object to find his father’s phone. Motioning for him to open it, Jungkook unlocks the phone and finds live video footage of their house from different areas. There was footage of them in the living room, outside in the backyard and even in his room.

“You set up cameras?” Suga remarked, though his voice gave it away that he too, was surprised at their newest discovery.

“Not only did I see Jiyoo get thrown into a pool when she was unconscious,” Jungkook’s father grunted, looking at Jungkook who kept silent as he returned his father’s phone.“But I saw someone join her for a shower, and saw several of you molest her with your eyes or try to attack her.”

That pretty much narrowed it down to all of them that got caught ing up somehow.

 

“It’s hard to control when her pheromones come out though.” Taehyung mutters.

There are a few nods here and there, but Jungkook’s father isn’t amused nor does he spare them the pity card.

“That’s no excuse.” Jungkook’s father added, “Jungkook and I aren’t affected by Jiyoo’s pheromones. And I’m pretty sure you all weren’t affected at social events and parties with other Omegas, right?”

“They were mostly Alphas and Betas though.” Taehyung whined, earning a small shush from Seokjin who tried to shut him up, but failed. “And they’re not Jiyoo. Jiyoo is, like... She’s just special.”

“Then you should be treating her like a princess and not like some sort of pet.”

Namjoon cringes as another blow was sent his way. He wasn’t sure if it was because Jungkook and his father were so similar, but hearing those words twice made it ten times worse.

 

“We want to get to know her better, as a friend.” Jimin spoke genuinely.

He looks at his friends and sees not a shred of indecency in their eyes, and continues to speak on their behalf and his own. “We, no… I, personally, want to be Jiyoo’s friend.”

“She’s a girl with a difficult past. Can you be patient with her for that?” Jungkook’s father asks curiously, his tone of voice slightly condescending.

“Are we allowed to know about her past?” Taehyung asks curiously, his eyes glancing over to Jungkook before looking away. “Or… Are we not?”

“She never meant for it to be a secret.” Jungkook cuts in, his quiet voice shocking those that only heard him when he was angry or being a little brat.

 

Seeing that all eyes were on him now, Jungkook continued to talk about Jiyoo. Just the basic things to explain the way that she was before and after they’d become friends. He spoke about what happened in the hospital and wracked his mind for every bit of information he could in order to describe how terrible he remembered Jiyoo’s parents were. Seeing their faces of disgust, he nods his head satisfied with his storytelling skills before he continued.

Jiyoo practically lived with him and his father afterwards. For the first few days, Jiyoo stayed in the empty room in their house while his father tried to find her somewhere to stay. Jungkook’s father was really cautious around Jiyoo, especially since he’d never had a daughter before.

 

One time, Jiyoo had spilled a cup of milk during breakfast and wiped up the spill with what she thought was a dish towel. Instead, she was wiping up the milk with Jungkook’s father’s shirt that was hanging on one of the kitchen chairs.

The dark expression stayed on her face the whole morning. Jiyoo sat on the floor with her legs tucked under her body, as if she were waiting for a beating- that never came, of course. Jungkook’s father was dead set on making Jiyoo realize that he wasn’t going to inflict harm on her in any way.

After getting the hint that he wasn’t a bad guy, she’d begun to cry even when Jungkook’s father insisted that it was okay because he could just wash the shirt and that would be that.

 

“Sounds like a lot of work.” Namjoon comments on the not so fond memory, earning a wholehearted nod from Jungkook’s father. They both remember how hard it was to deal with Jiyoo, the two of them being a bit similar in the fact that they’d never been in such situations before, but were forced to deal with it due to their titles as father figure and/or leader.

“Why didn’t you just tell Jiyoo that you were an Omega back then?” Jimin asks Jungkook, who shrinks under the attention.

Although he was just a child at the time, Jungkook still clearly remembers the reason behind his lie. He coughs a bit, and shakes his head, letting his bangs fall down over his eyes as he tried to hide his embarrassment.

“I thought she wouldn’t like me if I told her I was an Alpha…” Jungkook mutters.

Some of the others cooed at his effort to become close with Jiyoo. Jungkook’s father sighed after finally hearing the truth from his son. He hadn’t heard it officially until now, but he had a hunch that Jungkook was just trying to be considerate of Jiyoo.

“Still, it would’ve been easier if you told her earlier...” Jimin trails off, not really liking the fact that Jungkook lied to Jiyoo despite how she’d given him her absolute trust.

“I tried sometimes, but it was hard to bring it up.” Jungkook groaned, ruffling his hair as he began to relax a little more. His mind was still all over the place because he didn’t know if Jiyoo was alright. “Hey dad, can I-”

“Text Jiyoo to make sure she’s okay.”

Jungkook doesn’t hesitate to go grab his phone from the backyard, stumbling back into the house as he tried to text and walk at the same time. Once he’d sent the message, he’d plopped down on the floor and anxiously watched his phone as he waited for a reply.

 

“You’re whipped and you’re not even her mate.” Suga wore a bemused expression on his face as Jungkook just rolled his eyes at him.

Suga saw Jungkook in a bit of a different light after hearing Jiyoo’s story; Since Jungkook only did those things to protect Jiyoo, Suga thought he had a good sense of justice- even if it made him really annoying at times. It wasn’t as if Suga hated the world and everyone in it after all. He just didn’t like unnecessary problems. And since Jiyoo and Jungkook just so happened to always be around when there was another problematic thing going on, it was only natural he’d take out his irritation on the two whether they liked it or not.

Plus, Suga didn’t like Jungkook’s bratty attitude. Hence why Jungkook was usually the one that received the short end of the stick in most of their interactions together.

 

After a while, they’d all begun to talk with less tension in the room. Jungkook especially seemed relieved, and was much more open to the others despite having a rocky start. His father was happy to see him being social with the others. It reminded him of when Jungkook was a child, so young and without a care in the world except for having fun whenever the chance presented itself.

Jungkook took it really hard when his mother passed, thus being the reason why Jungkook’s father wanted him to just be happy again.

 

A message alert sound interrupted the flow of the conversations, and the guys all eagerly crowded around Jungkook’s phone to see if Jiyoo replied.

“Wow.” Seokjin remarked, “To think that she was put under that much Alpha pheromones and she only wants to know if Jungkook is okay.”

“Dad, she’s worried you’re still mad at her.” Jungkook snorts, though he doesn’t wait for a reply from his father before he assures Jiyoo that it’s fine.

Seokjin heads back to his seat watch watches the scene unfold. He’s a bit jealous that Jiyoo’s attention was back on Jungkook again, though rest assured that he wouldn’t go out of control like earlier. Before he could get too comfortable, Jungkook’s eyes met his own, causing Seokjin to freeze.

“Hyung! She’s asking if you’re okay too!”

Pointing at himself unsurely, Seokjin feels his face heat up when Jungkook gives him a weird facial expression. “Yah! I was just making sure!”

He stood up and plopped down next to Jungkook on the floor. Peeking over at the text, he felt his emotions flutter. It was just a simple text, a few sentences at most, but Seokjin could feel the genuine concern that Jiyoo had for him.

 

To: Kookie

Are you sure he’s feeling better? He seemed to be hurting a lot earlier uwuuu

 

Seokjin laughed at her way of texting. The only thing he could think to himself was that she really worried too much-

And that she really needed to bring that cuteness out more often.

 

Seokjin and Jungkook looked like brothers sitting on the floor, and Jungkook’s father would’ve enjoyed the moment more if their smiles hadn’t faded away in an instant. The two stared at Jungkook’s phone as if it had suddenly turned off. Jungkook’s father knew that this wasn’t the case though, for the screen reflected in their wide eyes from whatever they were looking at.

“What did she say? I want to see!” Hoseok complains.

He maneuvers his way around the two and pokes his head in between the both of them. When he’d finally read what they had seen, he too, lost the smile he usually carried.

Jungkook excused himself from Seokjin and Hoseok, slowly making his way over to father before handing him the phone. He stared at it for a bit, scrolling up to read some of the past messages before Jungkook had yanked the phone away from him. The situation was dire, but he wasn’t about to let his father go through his messages like that.

 

“Grab the emergency kit and go to Jiyoo’s house.” Jungkook’s father orders, looking in Jungkook’s direction to find that he was already gone.

“I wanna go to Jiyoo’s house.” Taehyung announced suddenly.

He headed straight for the front door and was already putting on his shoes before he was pushed aside by Jungkook. The latter dashed out the door with the emergency kit in hand, not even bothering to put on shoes as he ran down the street.

The rest of the guys followed suit, but Jungkook’s father blocked the door before any of them could get out.

“Sir… What are you doing?” Namjoon asks rather impatiently.

“You all can’t go.” Jungkook’s father says, earning a chorus of unhappy remarks from the others.

Jimin was the first to speak up, the concern clearly visibly on his strained face. “But if Jiyoo needs the emergency kit, then she’s hurt right? What happened to her?”

“Why does Jungkook get to go then?” Taehyung grumbles, already trying to find a way around Jungkook’s father.

 

“She got her period.”

 

Silence encased the entire room and nobody dared to move after he’d spoken. The sound of buzzing was the first thing to break the awkward tension.

Jungkook’s father reached into his pocket and answered his phone, already knowing who it was. “How is she?”

Jungkook’s frantic voice was easily heard from the other side, even if Jungkook’s father kept speaker mode off.

“Which one do I use? A tampon or a pad?” Jungkook quaked. The sound of rustling was heard and they could hear Jiyoo’s panicked yelp somewhere in the mix. “Wait, but the internet says I can’t use a tampon unless she lost her… Oh my god… Dad what do I do?!”

Jungkook’s father sighs before telling his son to calm down multiple times. Once Jungkook stopped squawking for help, he tells him to pass the phone to Jiyoo.

“Uncle, are you still mad at me?” Jiyoo’s soft voice whimpered.

Letting out a sigh, Jungkook’s father said ‘no’ of course. He told Jiyoo to sit tight and try not to do anything that would get blood everywhere. Telling her to pass the phone back to Jungkook, his father waited for his son’s panicked voice to be heard again before giving his instructions.

“Leave Jiyoo in the bathroom and go get her a glass of warm water.” Jungkook’s father says carefully, “And leave the phone with her.”

More shuffling was heard and when he heard a door slam shut, Jungkook’s father knew this was when the real tricky problem started.

 

It took him only a few minutes to instruct Jiyoo on how to use a pad, but it felt like a lifetime with the other boys just staring at him as he blocked the exit to their house.

 

“I think I got it.” Jiyoo sniffs, the relief in her voice allowing everyone else to calm down finally.

“Just get dressed and be decent. I’ll be there soon.” Jungkook’s father sighs, the weariness visible in the eye bags that he’d gotten just from this situation alone.

He hung up the phone and was about to head back to his room to get a few things when he remembered that the rest of the boys were still in his house. Closing the door, he told them all to stay put while he went to his room to grab a medium sized paper bag full of women’s sanitary products. Luckily he’d researched on female puberty signs along with male ones. He wanted the best for Jungkook, but also didn’t want to be stuck in a sticky situation with Jiyoo either.

He was a father after all- with no knowledge about having a daughter and nobody to turn to.

 

Jungkook’s father blessed the internet and his late wife’s habits of always being prepared.

 

Making his way back downstairs, he found the guys ready to rush out the door as soon as he gave them the okay for it.

Except in this case, that okay never came.

 

“You all go home.” He says, opening the door finally and waiting for all of them to step outside.

The concern was visible in all of their eyes, but only Seokjin spoke up about it. “But why can’t we come-”

 

“Because Jiyoo is a girl and I don’t trust all of you just yet.” Jungkook’s father says bluntly. Taking his leave, Jungkook’s father makes his way down the stairs and turns around to face the boys one last time.

 

“I’ll call you later. Until then, don’t get too close to Jiyoo if you don’t want a smack down.”

 

 

A/N: Semi fun fact! Jungkook looked it up online to see how to put in a tampon and saw somewhere that you shouldn’t use them if you’re still a . This is false, due to the fact that being a or not, it’s okay to use a tampon. He was just worried about Jiyoo pffuuu

I also have to say that it was extremely fun to have Jungkook’s dad in this story more (even if it sounds really awkward to keep calling him ‘Jungkook’s father’ throughout the chapters). He’s also pretty clueless about girls since he’d never had a daughter lmaooo

Then again, like father like son HAHA

Hope you guys liked this chapter!

(and I'm sorry about any spelling/grammar errors, I'm in a bit of a hurry today ;;;)