Chapter 5

Learning How to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

           

            Rowoon stormed out of the restaurant knowing that he probably left the other two shocked. But he had no time to waste right now. He looked left and right, but Taeyang couldn’t be seen anywhere. He couldn’t have vanished so fast, Rowoon thought, running a frustrated hand through his hair. He went in the direction that Rowoon logically thought that Taeyang must have gone to.

            He was running, eyes nervously searching for any trace of Taeyang. He suddenly came to a halt as he passed by a tent bar. He took a few steps back, he was right, that really was Taeyang. Rowoon knows that Taeyang doesn’t like to drink until he is wasted, but that’s exactly how he looked right now and it was all because of Rowoon and his stupid bad decisions in life. How stupid was he to believe that it would be better to keep his distance from Taeyang because he was falling too hard for him? He never thought that maybe Taeyang actually feels the same way. He only thought about himself and not even a thought passed through his mind that he might be hurting the other. So what if he liked him more? So what if he got hurt? Only if he thought about the aftermath of his decision before doing this to Taeyang.

            He slowly made his way to the table at which Taeyang sat. His head was placed on the table and he was mumbling some words that only he could understand. His cheeks were slightly pink from all the alcohol he indulged.

            “How could you drink three bottles of soju so fast? It only took me like 10 minutes to find you.” Rowoon asked in a low voice in Taeyang’s ear. He thought that the boy was already sleeping, but to his surprise Taeyang lifted his head from the table and looked right into Rowoon’s eyes and sadness could be clearly seen in those shining eyes.

            “Don’t underestimate me. Just because I don’t usually drink that much, doesn’t mean I can’t hold my booze.” He said in a cute voice, blame the alcohol for it, but Rowoon thought it was adorable. Only if the present situation was different, he would kiss him right there with all those eyes on them. And he wouldn’t give a damn about the people surrounding them because he was with Taeyang and that was more than enough. But he couldn’t because Taeyang was still mad at him.

            “Go away. I don’t need you here. I want to be alone.” Taeyang continued and then placed his head back on the table, this time facing away from Rowoon.

            “Only if going away means that I will take you home first, otherwise I am not going anywhere.” Rowoon sat on the chair next to Taeyang. He waited for Taeyang to say something, but as no answer came from him he nudged the younger. Taeyang only moved farther away from him. But Rowoon was not going to give up so easily. He knew the other all too well. He had to do something to make him speak up to find out what was on his mind. He could get a hunch of why Taeyang suddenly got angry at him, but he needed to hear it from the younger’s mouth.

            “Come on, let’s get you home. It is getting colder and you are too drunk to go alone.” Rowoon tried to grab the other and lift him up, but Taeyang freed himself from Rowoon’s grasp.

            “I am not going yet, at least not with you.” Taeyang mumbled in his arm which was supporting his head.        

            “I am not letting you here alone. I know you are mad at me, but let me at least take you home so I know you get there safely. It’s on my way home anyway.” Rowoon tried to convince Taeyang.

            Taeyang remained silent, but at least he did not tell Rowoon to go anymore. So the later stood in his place, silent, with a lot of thoughts on his mind. After a few minutes, that felt like hours for Rowoon, Taeyang finally got up and stumbled in the process, but Rowoon was fast enough to help him stand straight. He loosened the grip on the younger’s arm as he saw the look he gave him.

            “Let go. I can manage to go on my own.” Taeyang shook Rowoon’s arm off and started walking. Rowoon was right behind him ready to help him if he were to fall as his steps were quite hindered.

            The way to Taeyang’s house seemed longer than usual. The younger was about to fall a few times before getting home, but he quickly regained his balance without Rowoon’s help.

            The two boys were living in the same building, only a few floors away. Rowoon decided to follow Taeyang until he was walking in his apartment. The two usually spent their time together at Rowoon’s apartment because it was on a lower floor, so when Taeyang entered the lift he first pressed on the button to go to Rowoon’s apartment, but quickly realized what he did and pressed on the floor his apartment was at. It didn’t matter as he thought that Rowoon will have to get off first anyway. But as the lift arrived at Rowoon’s floor he did not move. He saw Taeyang giving him a weird look, but brushed it off

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter