Chapter 4

Learning How to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            The next morning I woke up pretty early. I wanted to sleep more, but I had to go to the café. I can’t believe I am actually giving up on my sleep for a guy, but maybe it will be worth it. I lazily got up from bed and went to the kitchen after I got out of the bathroom. My mother was still preparing breakfast. She was quite surprised to see that I was awake at this hour.

            “Why are you awake?” she asked with her eyes half closed.

            “I have plans today.” I said as I lazily sat down at the table waiting for my breakfast.

            “You know how to have plans?” My mother always knew how to make fun of me.

            “I see you can be savage even at this hour.” I fired back at her.

            “So what are your plans for the day?” she emphasized the word ‘plans’, letting out a small chuckle. She sat down at the table facing me, after putting down her ‘fancy’ breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs and toast.

            “Going to the café.” I started munching on the food as I had to leave soon.

            “That’s what you do every day.”

            “Today is different.”

            “Are you going to meet that waiter?” mother asked looking at me with curious eyes.

            “Isn’t that what you told me to do?”

            “I didn’t think you would actually try.”

            “If it doesn’t work this is the last time I am listening to you.”

            “Whatever, you know I am always right.”

            “Not really.” I said lifting my eyebrows at her, a small smirk pulling at my lips.

            “Well, you have your point there.”

            After I finished getting ready I made my way to the café dragging my feet as I could feel the need of a coffee, which Jaeyoon better has ready for me. I entered the café scanning with my eyes the place. I sat down at a table that was closer to the bar, which I never did before, unless there were no other seats free. I did it so it could be easier for Jaeyoon. He did not have to stay at the corner of the café and then get scolded.

            Jaeyoon saw me and gave me a confused, yet quite surprised look. He seemed to be taken aback by my action, as he was not expecting this from me.

            “This is quite surprising.” He said from behind the bar “I did not expect you to sit here, you always stay at the tables that are far from the crowd.”

            “I thought to make it easier for you.” I felt a little uncomfortable, like I have been caught lying. “So you don’t have to keep going back and forth. You can talk to me when you come to the bar to prepare the orders.”

            “You don’t seem to be the type to think about others though.” Jaeyoon let a small laugh escape, but after looking at my serious face he stopped from his laughter.

            “Don’t tease me. Should I go back to my usual spot then?” I asked jokingly as I was pretending to gather my stuff.

            “No, no. I was just kidding. You can stay here.” He said moving his hands frantically.

            “Chill, I was just joking too.” I sat back down with a smile spread on my face.

            “I see you can smile too.” Jaeyoon said, my smile faded and I felt a little warm feeling in my cheeks “I will get you a coffee, you look like you need one.”

            “Oh, thank you. I really do.”

            “I am feeling quite flustered. You actually woke up to come see me.” Jaeyoon continued while he was preparing my coffee.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter