Chapter 2

Learning How to Feel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            The next day I found myself in front of the café. It is not like this is unusual for me. I am always at that café. But this time it was different. I was standing in front of the door telling myself that I can live alone, without friends or a lover. But then I thought about what my mother has said last night and entered the café. To my surprise Jaeyoon was not there. It was Taeyang who was serving the tables. I approached him and he gave me a small smile.

            “Your usual table is free, you can go sit there. I will bring you a coffee immediately.” He went to the bar and started making my coffee. I sat down and opened a book I was reading waiting for my coffee.

            “Here is your coffee.” Taeyang said placing the cup on the table.

            “Isn’t this supposed to be Dawon’s shift? Meaning that Jaeyoon was supposed to be here, since he took all of Dawon’s shifts.”

            “I see you knew Dawon resigned. You must have met Jaeyoon already. We had to redo our shifts, since he couldn’t really cope with the program he had. Why, are you disappointed that is me who is here and not Jaeyoon?” Taeyang asked jokingly.

            “No, I was just curious.” After a few seconds I continued “Could you give me your new program?”

            “Why are you so eager to see Jaeyoon? Are you having a crush on him?”

            “No, of course not. It’s just that my mother keeps pestering me that I should make a friend if I don’t want to go on blind dates anymore. You know my situation.”

            “So you chose Jaeyoon? Wow, I feel hurt. And I thought we could become friends.”

            “Would you really like to have a friend like me? Plus you are as quiet as me. Sure, we can be friends, but it looks like my mother prefers someone who is brighter. She proposed Dawon at first, but since he is not working here anymore she told me I should befriend Jaeyoon. I am just trying to prove to her that no one wants to be my friend. As long as I am like this. Also, she has to realize that my `sickness` has no cure.” I explained to Taeyang who seemed to listen carefully to every word I said.

            “Oh, I see.” He moved his head in approval.

            “I never expected you to be jealous though.” I continued, a soft laugh escaping my lips.

            “Well, it’s not like we are more than acquaintances. We only meet at this café when I am at work. Friends do more than this.” A small smile appeared on his lips. “Well I have to go back to work. Enjoy your `alone time`.” Taeyang said making his way to a table to take an order from some customers that just came in.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter