S E V E N

Make You Feel My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What the hell is this, Cho Kyuhyun?!”

Kyuhyun doesn’t have enough time to react accordingly as a phone is suddenly pressed up against his chest. He blinks glancing from the phone to his father, glaring at him with frustration. Kyuhyun raises his brows and then takes the phone from his father, unsure of what is going on. It isn’t until he’s face to face with a picture of himself on a news website with the title: CHO KYUHYUN, HEIR OF CHO LABEL, FINDS THAT HIS SON HAS BEEN SWITCHED AT BIRTH.

Kyuhyun curses as he continues reading through the article. The article continues in detail of the switch but thankfully does not reveal who the other parents involved are. Kyuhyun reads through the post, annoyed as to how such news could have been revealed. The news article ends with a statement of how Kyuhyun plans to sue the hospital and how the journalist thinks that it’s unfair and unreasonable of him to do so since it was an accident. The journalist then ends the sentence with a harsh comment of how this just proves how petty and money-faced the Cho family is. Once he’s done with the article, Kyuhyun hands his father the phone back as he slumps back into his seat, completely drained.

“Who the hell did you blab your mouth to?” His father demands with a pissed voice.

“No one!” Kyuhyun replies, “I didn’t tell anyone except Leeteuk.”

 “Of course, you would tell that blabbermouth.” His father sarcastically chuckles as he throws his hand in the air, exasperate. “How many times do you have to keep appearing in damaging rumours like these before you realize that those ungrateful Kim brothers are nothing but trouble! Their parents are dead; doesn’t that prove to you that they’re bad luck themselves?! Do you have to die in their hands as well to realize what kind of people they are!?”

“They’re my family, Appa. Their parents died in an accident, it has nothing to do with them.” Kyuhyun raises his voice slightly, “And this isn’t a rumour, it’s the truth and you know it too!”

His father clenches and then unclenches his fists as he turns around and begins pacing in Kyuhyun’s office. Kyuhyun doesn’t know what to do, he’s angry, disappointed, exhausted, worried and feeling all sorts of emotions. He runs a tired hand down his face and rubs his temples in circles.

How did the press find out? The only person he’s ever told about this whole mess is Leeteuk, Ryeowook’s brother, and he knows for a fact that Leeteuk has never said any word to anyone about his family. Leeteuk’s like his own brother and he’d never do anything to hurt Ryeowook or Kyuhyun. For ’s sake, Leeteuk would never do anything to hurt Henry as well! This article is damaging. It can not only hurt Kyuhyun and Ryeowook but it can also hurt Henry in the long run and Kyuhyun’s most troubled by that ever since he had first found out about it.

His father on the other hand doesn’t care if Henry will grow up to read this stupid article and find out the truth about his birth. Kyuhyun knows that the reason his father is equally as frustrated as himself is because this article is damaging his company’s stocks and reputations. It’s all about the businessman in his father’s eyes and he couldn’t care less if it’d hurt his grandson or not.

Kyuhyun’s father stops pacing and then pulls out his phone, his thumbs furiously swiping left and right before he makes a phone call. He presses the phone against his ears and then begin talking to someone, seemingly a lawyer, about suing the journalist. Once he’s done giving orders, he goes back to glaring at Kyuhyun.

“Don’t you think you’ve given us enough trouble?” His father asks, “Dropping out of business school for an engineering degree, getting someone pregnant while you were in university, marrying someone we don’t approve of, and now this -  Having your child switched at birth. You’re a complete disgrace to this family, Kyuhyun.”

Kyuhyun’s heard this over a thousand time that he doesn’t even flinch any longer. He only stares back at his father, knowing that there’s no point raising his voice back at him. There’s not even any point in trying to defend himself. He’s tried that several times and he knows that it won’t benefit much. Times like these, Kyuhyun hates being born into this family of perfection. He doesn’t want to be this person, the perfect son, the heir of Cho Label. He hates his job, he hates working for his father, he hates all of it. But he knows that without the job or title his father had given him, he’d be nowhere right now and he wouldn’t be able to give Ryeowook and Henry a good life.

“Henry was switched at birth; it was an accident.” Kyuhyun argues back, “It’s not like I wanted it to happen!”

“Damn right it was an accident, so drop the charges against the hospital!” His father yells.

“I’m not going to drop charges against the hospital,” Kyuhyun replies, calming his voice as he takes a deep breath, “Appa… Do you know how much Ryeowook and I are hurting over this? And we’re not the only ones… Henry’s biological parents are too. I need to do something to ensure that the hospital don’t repeat the same mistake once again.”

“By making us look like the bad guy?” His father sighs in disbelief, “You know nothing about how business works.”

Kyuhyun’s tempted to respond to his father that he doesn’t know anything about business because he doesn’t have any sort of interest in it but instead, he chooses to keep his mouth clamped shut. He’s thinking of his connections, wondering if anyone he knows is able to help him to contact the journalist or the website and to get them to remove the article. But before he’s able to think of anyone, his father breaks his train of thought as he heavily heaves a sigh.

“Who are Henry’s biological parents?” His father suddenly asks.

Kyuhyun tilts his head in confusion, wondering why his father is suddenly interested in this. As far as he knows, his parents had never been interested in anything that has got to do with his son or even Ryeowook.

“Lee Donghae and Lee Hyukjae,” Kyuhyun continues when his father raises his brows, “They’re… I don’t think they’re… I mean… I think they’re just normal citizens. But they’re nice people. I went to the zoo with them earlier just now and-”

Kyuhyun trails off noticing how his father scrunches his nose in disgust. Kyuhyun swallows as he knows that his father isn’t interested in any of those kind of details. His father is only ever interested in someone if they’re of the same positi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter