F O U R

Make You Feel My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Appa is home early!”

Small arms wrap themselves around Kyuhyun’s legs, squeezing him tight. Kyuhyun chuckles like how he always does whenever Henry attempts to hug the living daylights out of his legs every time he gets home. On most days, he’d ruffle the boy’s dark messy hair but tonight, Kyuhyun bends down and picks Henry up and playfully smacks his lips against Henry’s cheeks. After the meeting at the hospital and meeting his parents, all he wants is right now is to feel his son’s warmth close to him, to hold his son close to him.

“How’s my baby today?” Kyuhyun asks, tickling Henry by his sides.

Henry giggles and whines, pouting as he tells Kyuhyun to stop calling him a baby. Kyuhyun shakes his head in amusement as he walks into the kitchen with Henry still in his arms. Ryeowook’s doing the dishes and when he sees Kyuhyun carrying Henry into the kitchen, he tilts his head. His husband is abnormally affectionate with Henry tonight. But Ryeowook keeps it to himself, noticing that this often happens after Kyuhyun meets his parents.

“Hi Kyu,” Ryeowook greets and Kyuhyun leans down, kissing Ryeowook’s cheeks, “How are your parents?”

“Oh, they’re good.” Kyuhyun simply answers and ends the conversation right there and then.

Ryeowook finishes off the rest of the dishes while he listens to Henry telling Kyuhyun of what he did in school. Kyuhyun’s responses are minimal as usual but a small smile graces Ryeowook’s lips as he notices that for once, Kyuhyun’s fully listening to Henry. No phones or emails in the way of him giving his son attention. When Henry’s just about done with recalling the day’s events, he shrugs out of Kyuhyun’s hold and tells Kyuhyun that he wants to go into his room and play his games. Once Henry is out of sight, Kyuhyun steps closer to Ryeowook, wrapping his hands around Ryeowook’s slim waist and then trail soft kisses onto Ryeowook’s nape.

“What’s wrong, honey?” Ryeowook asks, curious of Kyuhyun’s sudden clinginess.

“Mmm, nothing.” Kyuhyun nuzzles Ryeowook and then leans his head on his shoulder, “Just feeling a little stressed. There’s loads of works to catch up on.”

Ryeowook nods in empathy. As the son of one of Korea’s most successful businessman, Kyuhyun owns and manages a few different companies in Seoul. He’s responsible for literally everything – From leading the companies in short and long term plans, being responsible for day-to-day management decisions, ensuring that his staffs are performing well at work and more. Kyuhyun doesn’t like his job. He doesn’t have any interest in business. But he’s a hard worker and he does what he’s able to do, does his best at everything as long it guarantees a competent life for his family.

Once he’s done with the dishes, Ryeowook wipes his hands and turns around in his husband’s embrace and then plants a soft kiss against his lips before suggesting, “Why don’t you take a short nap before continuing with work?”

“That sounds like a good idea.” Kyuhyun agrees, and then lifts his brows teasingly, “Are you going to put me to sleep?”

“I’ve some chores to finish up but I do know someone who wouldn’t mind snuggling with you to keep you warm.” Ryeowook grins, “Plus, it’ll be his bed-time soon and it’s been some time since you read him a bed-time story.”

Ryeowook laughs while Kyuhyun groans playfully. Knowing his husband, Kyuhyun will probably make Henry tell him the bed-time story and fall asleep first before their son. Ryeowook’s laugh however trails off as he remembers the picture of his biological son- of Jeno.

“Do you think… Do you think they read to him? Before he goes to sleep?” Ryeowook questions quietly, “Do you think he likes bedtime stories as much as Henry?”

Kyuhyun’s smile disappears as he thinks about Jeno and how his life must be. A part of him feels worried – His biological son is living with someone else, someone who isn’ related to him by blood. How are his parents treating him? Kyuhyun's met Donghae and Hyukjae but that's not enough evidence to tell that they are good parents to Jeno. However, he doesn’t want his husband to overthink about it and so, Kyuhyun runs his fingers through Ryeowook’s black hair softly.

“Children love bedtime stories.” Kyuhyun assures Ryeowook, “Jeno probably loves them just as much as Henry.”

“Lee Jeno, Cho Henry.” Ryeowook feels his heart thump painfully against his heart fast as he recalls his biological son’s name and then compares it silently, “Cho Jeno, Lee Henry.”

Somehow, saying it out loud makes this whole situation a lot more concrete and the light atmosphere around the couple disappears in a blink of an eye. There’s a mixture of confusion, worry and fear in both their eyes and they don’t have to tell each other what they’re feeling as Kyuhyun pulls Ryeowook into a hug, one that’s although wordless, is still full of emotions that both are unable to express.

***

“Honey, can you please answer that for me?”

Donghae gently passes Jeno his vibrating phone after digging it out from his pocket. He’s making dinner for the family and he doesn’t want to overcook dinner again this time – Because he’s always making that mistake whenever he starts talking on the phone. Jeno slides the answer option on his phone and presses it to his ear.

“It’s Appa,” Jeno tells Donghae, and then pressing his ear to the phone, listening attentively. “Appa said that he’ll be home late tonight.”

Thankfully, Hyukjae’s just on time as Donghae’s done with transferring dinner into the children's bowls. Donghae wipes his hands and then thank his son before taking the phone from him. He’s curious as to why his husband will be home late tonight knowing that he doesn’t usually take overtimes at work.

“Hey,” Donghae greets Hyukjae who replies him back, “What’s wrong, Hyuk?”

“Ah, it’s nothing.” Hyukjae replies him, “I just thought that I’d work for a few hours tonight.”

“Not enough staff tonight at the bar?” Donghae asks.

“No, no, we’ve enough people here but it’s just that… Well…” Donghae hears Hyukjae clearing his throat and then he admits, “We’re going to the Zoo this weekend and… I…”

“I just wanted to make sure that we’ll have enough cash with us… You know…”

Hyukjae trails off and Donghae finally understands what is going on.

“You know that I’m going to pack some food there for the kids, don’t you?” Donghae suggests, “I can prepare some sandwiches and snacks in the morning before we go.”

Hyukjae sighs over the phone, “I know, I know. But remember Hae, we’re going to the Zoo with Henry and his parents. We invited them and the least we should do is buy their tickets and treat them to dinner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter