O N E

Make You Feel My Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love conquers all…

Kim Ryeowook believed it once upon a time, that love overrides both the good and the bad. He once believed that love was all a couple needed in a relationship, in building a family of their own. Love, an emotion so strong and real, had been what kept him going. His love for Kyuhyun – his best friend, his other half, his soulmate – had conquered all of life’s challenges hurled at him. With every hurdle in their relationship, they jumped over it smoothly with Kyuhyun always having Ryeowook’s back. From college roommates sharing a tiny room somewhere down south Incheon to a married couple living in an impressive apartment right smack in the middle of busy Seoul, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun’s love story had never been easy but it was a love story Ryeowook will never be tired of sharing.

However, with soft fingers tracing the raindrops sliding down the opposite side of the window of the car, Ryeowook closes his eyes and wonders if this is another hurdle he must get through to get to his happy ending, another way of the Gods punishing him for going against the odds of the world and he wonders if this time, it’ll finally break him apart but he doesn’t say it out loud, he doesn’t dare to. Ryeowook feels soft fingers brushing against his cheeks and he finds his way to the firm hand, interlacing his fingers with his husband’s. Ryeowook kisses Kyuhyun’s knuckles and doesn’t let go, not until the traffic light turns green and then he releases Kyuhyun’s hand. As Kyuhyun drives through the rain, Ryeowook glances towards his loving husband and his heart clenches because for the first time in six years, Ryeowook wonders if there will ever be a happy ending in his and Kyuhyun’s love story.

***

“Appa! You’re back”

Five-year-old Henry dashes across the living room and runs into the arms of Ryeowook and for today, Ryeowook holds his son a little bit longer and a little bit tighter, pampering him with sweet kisses over the chubby pale cheeks. His cheerful son giggles, whining that Ryeowook’s kisses are tickling him and Ryeowook feels as though his heart has been violently twisted. He releases his son and watches as Henry runs over to his other father, hugging Kyuhyun’s legs while Kyuhyun ruffles Henry’s hair. Ryeowook sees the pain and hurt reflecting in his husband’s deep dark brown eyes, he sees the uncertainty in his husband’s actions and it further breaks Ryeowook’s fragile heart.

“Where were you, appa?” Henry asks while tugging onto Ryeowook’s shirt, shuffling from one foot to another, “I wanted to show you my drawing from school but I think I lost it in my room.”

“You didn’t lose it, you brat. I’ve got it.” A quiet voice interrupts them as Leeteuk enters the living room with a faint smile, picking up Henry’s discarded toys, “Henry, how many times do I have to remind you to keep these?”

Henry sends his godfather a cheeky grin before he dashes off and picks the rest of his toys and runs into his room, storing them away. The adult watch him disappear before Leeteuk turns around, concerned eyes studying both Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

“What did the hospital want?” Leeteuk questions softly, keeping his voice down, “Is everything okay?”

“It’s complicated, hyung.” Kyuhyun sighs, peeling off his suit jacket.

“Is it about Henry?” Leeteuk asks once more, “Is there anything I can do to help?”

Kyuhyun opens his mouth but then clamps it shut when his phone beeps. He whips it out and then, just like always, he’s answering yet another important business call. He excuses himself from Leeteuk before he retreats into his and Ryeowook’s shared bedroom. Ryeowook doesn’t realize that he’s been feeling uptight all this time until Kyuhyun’s finally out of his view and for once ever since that meeting in the hospital, Ryeowook finally being able to breathe normally once more. Noticing the sudden shift in Ryeowook’s posture, Leeteuk rubs his back encouragingly knowing that something’s wrong.

“They found something amiss in Henry’s blood test, hyung.” Ryeowook quietly tells his older brother. He slumps against the wall, tear-filled eyes casted downwards. Ryeowook braces himself for what he’s about to reveal next, the words slipping out of his lips like a slap in his face, “Henry’s blood test results… They don’t match mine or Kyuhyun’s.”

***

Being a father,

Has been one of Lee Donghae’s proudest achievements. Donghae takes pride that he’s one of them, men who were given the opportu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter