Oblivious

Princess of the Mining

A smirk of satisfaction formed on his lips as he gives himself one last approval over his look. Whistles and hums following suit while his hands grabs onto the collar of his jacket, making sure not even a single fold and wrinkle ruining his outfit.

"Gosh Lee Minhyuk, you're looking so fine. You should have just dated yourself." He murmured. Byulyi was absolutely right when she whined about him being so full of himself.

But this perfect look of his was not obtained without an effort. He spends almost an hour just to decide which clothes will look the best on him, spending another minutes working with the iron just to ensure no single wrinkle on them, thirty minutes in the bathroom to make himself perfectly clean and fresh, and lastly another thirty minutes working with comb and hair-gel to do and re-do his hair. So much of effort just to impress a certain hamster.

Wait, what? He slapped himself internally upon the realization. Did he really do all of this for Byulyi? It's just Byulyi, his annoying bestie, the grumpy princess, since when he's being so concerned over his look around her? Oh yeah, it's been started when he finally realized his feeling for her. He decided to stop his self-denial and accepting the fact that he had fallen for his best friend.

The beep from his phone disturbs the moment of his self-appraising. He reached out the phone and smiled upon reading the name displayed on its screen. He proceeds to unlock the phone and opens the message.

moonhamster: U have 5 mins. Take any longer then I'll brag in and drag ur .

"Impatient as always. So excited to see me, huh?" Minhyuk chuckled, and then typed his reply.

1 sec princess, u'll get to see ur charming prince.

He pocketed the device and grabbed his pocket bag, heading to the door with smiles that never leaves his face. His smile only dropped and turned into a gasp when he spotted Byulyi at his apartment's stair. He could only watch her side profile -but man, that was the worst part since he thought Byulyi looked finest on her side profile. The sunset that peeked from the clear glass window made her feature glowing with the golden ray. Her radiant beauty enhanced like 10x better. The current scene right before his eyes was enough to knock out the poor air from his lung.

Well, after his discovery about his feeling everything about Byulyi seems magical. Her scrunched up nose whenever she laughs was the cutest thing ever. Her sparkling eyes were brighter than any stars above. Even Byulyi's growls when she dumbly trying to mimicking a rapper was cool, and he would pick that over his favourite songs without a doubt.  

"Took you long enough to dress up like that?" Byulyi sneered, eyeing her best friend from head to toe with a hint of disgust on her face. Minhyuk composed himself, hell no he will let Byulyi caught him drooling over her.

"Why? Charmed? I'm y and I knew it." Minhyuk cooly run a hand over his gelled hair.

"y my ." Byulyi snorted.

"Uh, sorry girl, no offence, but you got no there." He smirked and wriggles one of his eyebrows up.

"Just a kind reminder, I still mad at you Lee Minhyuk. Better watch your action if you still have a wish to stay alive." Byulyi glared and moved her feet down the stair, while Minhyuk calling out her name.

"Yah, Byulyi, wait up!" Minhyuk catches up, slinging his arms on her shoulder. It was a casual gesture, he did it many times like it was their nature, despite this time he put some tenderness on his touch. If only Byulyi could feel his affection. "I know you can't stay mad at me for too long, you love me too much, don't you?"

"Keep your big head to yourself." Minhyuk was just grinned, shamelessly admitting that he literally had a big head.

"So, what we are going to watch?" He asked.

"You can't be serious. It's your idea yet you haven't any idea of what we're going to watch?" Byulyi looked at him in disbelief.

"Uhm... well..." Minhyuk scratches his not-so-itchy head. The truth is he just came out with a random thought about how to fix what had happened between them. Byulyi was mad, thanks to his plain stupidity. It just happened to cross his mind that maybe a movie date will be a good start to calm the furious hamster down. The problem is he just come out with this idea without a proper plan. He didn't even know what movies played in cinemas today.

"I just being gentleman here, you ladies can pick whatever movie you want to watch." A lame excuse, really.

The ladies here refers to Byulyi, Yongsun and Wheein. It's supposed to be their date, but Byulyi had suggested to have Yongsun and Wheein join. He couldn't say no, or else his life is in danger.

"You said it. We can choose the movie and pick whatever snack available, gentleman." Minhyuk gulped. He has this gut that it's sure won't be good for his wallet.

__________

"Are you serious?" Minhyuk groaned. "Out of all the movies, you seriously chose this one. Despicable Me 3?"

"Why? It's not a bad movie." Wheein defended. Well, it was obvious she was the one in charge to choose the movie they're going to watch now, in which Minhyuk complained about.

As agreed, the four of them were met at the cinema located at the shopping center nearby. Yongsun and Wheein arrived first, so Byulyi texted them to pick the movie and bought the tickets.

"Yeah, but it was a cartoon. It’s meant for kids."

Wheein rolls her eyes as Minhyuk complains and judging her choice of movie. "It's called animation, Minhyuk-ssi. And not all animation movies were for kid, duh."

"It's still a cartoon for me." Minhyuk argued.

Byulyi looked at the two and shook her head. How could two young adults bickering over something stupid. This sort of thing was literally her daily basis with Minhyuk, and now she knows it was cringe worthy and stupidly childish. Ages should never be the parameter to judge anyone's maturity.

Meanwhile Yongsun just sits on the bench, silently watching Byulyi as if she was the most wonderful thing happened to this world. She doesn’t have any preference of what kind of movie they’re going to watch. It will be fine as long as she can watch it with Byulyi.

"If you don't like it, then we can just buy another ticket. So what's movie on your mind?" Come Wheein’s voice, acting like changing movie tickets is as easy as disposing a toilet paper.

Minhyuk shook his head vigorously. Hell no. He rather watch this ‘movie for kids’ than paying for another tickets. "No. I am all right with this cartoon."

"Good." Wheein grinned, smiled so sweetly until her dimples reach its deepest. The sight was undeniably cute, but Minhyuk learns his lesson, something so cute could be so evil at the same time.

"But why did we buy five tickets? Are we supposed to have another company?" Minhyuk asked. It caught Byulyi on guard. It's not that she forgot to tell him about it, but she chooses to reveal it on the spot, knowing how the boy would react when she tells him about the 5th person she had invited.

"Y-you said I can invite anyone, right? I’m just inviting a friend"

"Did I? I just remember someone threatened me to let her do whatever in her mind."

"Uhm... well..., that was basically the same..." Why even she stuttered. She was the princess of today. No? She was the princess of the Mining. Acting all princess-ey and living up her title once in a while won’t hurt.

Again, Minhyuk felt uneasy. Byulyi was up for something, or whoever the person Byulyi had invited must be not going to be a pleasant one, at least to him. Seeing Yongsun’s and Wheein’s expression, he expected that the two girls were as clueless as him. "Just spill it already Byulyi, who the hell this friend  of yours was?"

"She.... was... Soojung." Byulyi was looking anywhere but him as she revealed the name.

"What?" Minhyuk almost screamed in shock. "You invited Soojung? The Devil?"

"What’s with the scream.” Byulyi hissed. “She overheard me talked to Yongsun on the phone while discussing about today hang out. And you must know too well how weird she was, she insisted to count her in, or..."

"Or what?" Minhyuk cut her off.

"She's going to do something embarrassing in front of dozens of students in the cafeteria at that time."

"And what kind of thing she does would probably embarrassing for you? As far as I know, your skin is thicker than a rhino."

"Uhm, it was... she... was... threatened to kiss me on the spot."
"She what?" Yongsun and Minhyuk shouted in unison. It got Byulyi shrieked and closed her ears with both of her hands.

"Can you guys tone it down? And come on, it can't be that bad. Yes she was a bit weird, but that’s the best part of her. More people, more fun, right?" Byulyi defended.

Actually, Byulyi thought the idea of Soojung joining their date wasn’t seems bad at all. Girl is weird as hell, but after befriending with her for some time now, she found the girl was quite nice and sweet. Whatever absurd reasons of their breakup, Soojung was obviously still madly in love with Minhyuk. The thing is, she needs to make sure if Minhyuk -despite his huge crush on Yongsun-, in the deepest of his heart, he still has the same feeling for Soojung.

After accidentally hearing Wheein confession that night, Byulyi feels bad for Wheein. To be deeply in love with someone who was completely oblivious about their feeling was such a torture. That's why she also has a plan to secretly help the poor girl. The two girls were cute together. May be all Yongsun needs is to acknowledge Wheein’s feeling for her, and the rest was just to see how far their relationship will go in the future.

Such a great plan, at least she thought that it was. Wheein and Yongsun, Minhyuk and Soojung. Problems of love solved. Little did she know, she was the one who was completely oblivious about the persons who have feeling for her. A very typical Byulyi on the run.

"Did we talked about the same Soojung girl we met at the exhibition?" Yongsun asked out of curiosity.

"Yes, it's her.” Minhyuk replied. "So, you two secretly meet up behind my back? Ouch, why did I feel like being stabbed right on my back."

"Stop being dramatic." Byulyi exclaimed.

"Right, Minhyuk-ssi, stop being dramatic." Wheein added.

"I'm siding with the girls, stop being dramatic." Yongsun joined the evil squad.

Minhyuk groaned and ruffled his gelled-hair, completely forgot about the precious time he spent to make it as neat as it is. He started to regret this whole movie-date thing. Defeated, he knew better to not arguing with the girls. One VS Three. Where's the God of Justice going at?

"Since we have almost an hour left before the movie starts, what about grabbing some foods first." Yongsun suggested.

"Call. I know the best food place around here." Wheein beamed in glee.

"Yeah, let's go. Soojung just texted me that she was already in the basement and joined soon." Byulyi added.

Yeah, it's confirmed. The girls were indeed evils in disguise. And should he worry about his wallet? He sure will going to have those cheap instant ramen for the entire month.

And may God save his dear life. 
____________________________________________
I write this chapter when Despicable Me 3 was still playing on Cinemas, and it's been like months ago? Yeah, it took me months to finish this short chapter, and it's even add almost nothing to the plot of this story. Just to let you know that I'm still alive :)