Fallen

Princess of the Mining

She's been thinking if she had done something wrong, which she found too many. She had stolen his pens, secretly eating his chocolates, hitting his head countless times, kicking his feet like it was her nature if she got annoyed, stepping on his toe, grabbing his hair, she had done all of those sins. But those weren't something new. It can't be the reason of why Minhyuk keeps avoiding her for this past few days. 

It's been almost a week, and Byulyi lose her patience.

"Yah, Lee Minhyuk! Where are you going?" Byulyi shouted after said boys stormed out of the class right after it ended. She slung her bag and run to her best friend who's already standing before the door.

Minhyuk stopped his step. He sighed and turn his body to face Byuyli. "Prof. Park is waiting for me. You know, something about my paper. I should get going or else he won't have a second thought to give me a D on his subject." 

"Again? After Prof. Ahn now Prof. Park? Seriously Minhyuk? Then who else tomorrow? Prof. Yoon? Seems like the whole professor on this campus is looking for you. Oh, wow!" Byulyi scoffed sarcastically.

"What's your problem Byulyi?" Minhyuk fired back.

"That should be my question. What's your problem Minhyuk?"  Byulyi raised her voice.

"And what's this all about?"

"You know exactly what we're talking about."

Minhyuk let out his deepest sigh. "Look, I don't have time for this... I have to go now Byulyi. We'll talk again later." 

"Fine. Whatever. Do whatever you want." With that, Byulyi walked her heals, of course after she slammed the poor door, making some students who's still inside the class frozen on their spot. Minhyuk was no exception.

"Wow... congrats Minhyuk, you're making The Princess on it again." One of the boys said after he regained himself from the sudden shock. 

"You're digging your grave." The other boy added.

"You're dead." Another one talked with his hand making a horizontal cut line on his neck.

__________

"Stupid Minhyuk!" Byulyi cursed under her breath, kicking some pebbles on her way before she slumped herself at one of the benches. She groaned and ruffled her own hair, puffing some air from , which make her bang flew and her precious forehead was on display for a mere second. A sight that many girls would die for to see. Oblivious to her, a particular girl was literally dying right now witnessing the scene.

She cleared to get Byulyi's attention. 

"Oh, Yongsun, you scared me." Byulyi said after she acknowledged the latter's presence. 

"I've been standing here like forever, now you just noticed me?" Yongsun took a seat beside Byulyi. "Someone's not in a good mood today, something's wrong?"

"It's nothing, just a stupid boy ruined my day." 

"Don't tell me that you two were fighting again."

"We fight most of the time, that's our hobby." Byulyi replied. "What you're doing here?"

"Why? Can't I? It's campus' park Byulyi, anybody can be here." 

"It's not like that. I just do not expect to see you here."

"Actually, I come here frequently. I should be the one who was surprised since I never saw you around here before."

They're sitting at the park that was located at the center of the campus. Its size was about 2 time a tennis court, with a small pool seated on the center and benches seated around it. It's mostly filled with students who work on their assignment or just simply killing the time before their next classes started. Byulyi rarely visited the park, since she and Minhyuk thought this kind of place were too romantic for them. The parks were the place for couples spend their time with, those cheesy dramas taught them so. Byulyi cringed at the thought of that.

"So, what happened? If you don't mind telling me, of course."

"I don't know either. He keep avoiding me."

"He did so? Well, you might have done something, like stepping on  his tail, maybe?"

"Yeah, he was indeed a Kyuubi, the nine tailed beast."

"You're watching too much anime." Yongsun laughed. "Just talk to him once your head cooled down. He's your bestie, one or two miss-understanding won't break your friendship apart, right?"

"I'll do that later. Right now I just want to punch him in the face."

"Just don't do that. You'll screw his beautiful face."

"Scratch that beautiful part, that word meant for you." Byulyi grinned.

"I didn't know you could be such greasy." Yongsun muttered. She ducks her head low and dug something from her bag for Byulyi not to notice the shade of pink spread on her cheeks. She pulled out a lunch box from it.

 "My first class started at nine today, so I had my time to prepare this." She opened the box, digging the delicious looked meal from it and shoved the first spoon to Byulyi. "Try this. Guess you haven't had your lunch." 

A bit flustered by Yongsun's gesture, Byulyi hesitantly opens to take the food. The food was delicious, and it reminds her of the party they had last week. And it reminds her of  the kiss. She blushed as the image of Yongsun kissing her flashed on her mind. It was their first meeting after the accident, she wondered if Yongsun remembers what had happened. But Yongsun was acting normally like nothing happened. It's so unfair for her if she's been the only one who remembered the kiss. Well, what she expects from a drunken girl? The kiss might mean nothing for Yongsun.

So, she doesn't remember ...

"How was it? The food?" Yongsun asked.

"It's the most delicious food I ever ate." 

"You liked it?" Yongsun beamed and stuffed some more food to Byulyi's mouth.

"Yeah, who wouldn't? Free food is always the best." Yongsun pouted and furrowed her brow upon hearing the answer. "So it's delicious just because it's free?"

Byulyi laughed seeing the drastic change of Yongsun's facial expression. "I'm just messing. You're always fun to tease. The food is good Yongsun, I meant it."

And there it goes, the smile drawn back to Yongsun's lips in a blink of an eye. "Then I'll try my best to cook more and have our lunch together more often." More food stuffed to Byulyi's mouth.

"Yah, Yongsun, my mouth is full!" Byulyi exclaimed.

__________

After that night, Minhyuk has been purposely avoiding his best friend. He knew it's unfair for Byulyi, but he needs his time alone to sort out his feeling. He loved Byulyi, of course, he never had a doubt of that, but it was a platonic, he believed so. Now it's like someone just knocked his head hard and it wakens up his sense. It seems like he sees Byulyi in another light, not as his best friend, not as The Princess, the gem of of their Major, but as a woman. A beautiful one. The thought of it scared him. What they have right now was beautiful, something to brag and to envy about. He won't put it at risk by involving his stupid feeling.

He put his chopstick down. The scene of their fight earlier making him lose his appetite. And a group of girls sitting a few tables from his seat making it all worse. Weird enough. Girls are usually much welcomed, a refreshment to his eyes after hours of seeing males in his class. But this particular group of girls annoyed him.  

"You should see her. She's so cool. Gosh! I don't know how to describe it. I mean, is it even possible for a human to be cute and pretty and handsome and cool at the same time?" One of the girl keeps blabbering which earned giggles from the other girls. 

"Yeah, if only I joined you, I might have my chance to meet her also. It must be my unlucky day." The other girl whined. 

"I believed that I was straight, but now I doubt so. Moon Byulyi confused me." Another girl replied.

"Let's pass by the Mining building later. Wish us lucky enough to meet The Princess."

Minhyuk rolled his eyes. Seriously. It was understandable if guys were secretly adored Byulyi behind her back. But girls? He never thought of it. 

"They're annoying." Minhyuk muttered.

"Someone's jealous. They're girls for Pete's sake, dude." Ilhoon, his mate replied.

"That's why it's annoying. They're girls and fangirling over Byulyi? What's wrong with them? What's so good about her? I was hundreds times cooler than that stupid hamster. It's hurt my pride as a man. And no, I am not jealous. Why should I?"

"Byulyi was quite popular among the girls. Those girls just a few among the bunch."

"She what? That's crazy."

"Speaking of the devil, why again I'm being with you right now? Should I feel offended, you just hanged out with me if you two were fighting? What kind of friend are you?" Ilhoon blaberred but only got a sigh from the latter. He patted him on the back to give him a support. "The break up is tough Hyukie, but face it like a man."

"Who's break up? We're not."

"So finally you admitted that you two were dating? Wow, after all of this time..."

"Shut up! For the thousand times I tell you we're NOT dating." 

"Whatever." Ilhoon replied and continue chewing his food. But as Minhyuk thought his annoying friend already shut his mouth, his next statement almost makes him spurted out his food. "But you loved her, right?"

"What?! No!" Minhyuk coughed as his food stuck in his throat.

"Ugh, keep denying! You won't be so defensive if you're not. Besides, your eyes shooting heart every time you see her around." Ilhoon shook his head. "You're slower than a turtle Minhyuk. Just don't feel any regret if someday, someone steals your Byulyi away. She's pretty, girls and boys were lining up behind you."

"Jung Ilhoon, just shut up your mouth, will you?"

"Better learn how to threat from your wifey, dude! She did it better." Ilhoon mocked.

__________

Minhyuk rooted in his place when he saw two familiar figure sat on the bench. Laughs, smiles and giggles can be heard coming from the two. He should just greet the two girls casually like he always does, yet he couldn't bring himself to do so.

Byulyi and Yongsun were close even though they only knew each other for couples of months, Minhyuk knew it. He, himself even could be considered close to Yongsun within that short period of their friendship. After all, Yongsun was nice and easy going. It was easy for her to fit in between him and Byulyi. But he can't get rid the strange feeling growing inside his stomach. It's not a pleasant one. Like, the thought of Byulyi being close to someone else scared him. He didn't like it. Yongsun was a girl, but after his encounter with those annoying girls who ruined his lunch, he started to feel differently. What if Yongsun sees Byulyi differently just like those girls see his best friend? Byulyi was dumb as hell to notice anything around her.

Smiles on their faces were beautiful. Yongsun's smiles were like the sun, a megawatt LED that could brighten up the whole campus. Her smile caught his attention first time he saw the girl. But now he realized that Byulyi's smile was priceless. He want to sees that smile forever and being the reasons behind those beautiful smiles. He didn't know when it started, but now he was sure that he had fallen for her. It was not platonic like he was used to think. He loved her. He loved Byulyi. He was in love with his best friend.

Unconsciously, his foot brings him closer. "Moon Byulyi!" He called out. The girls shocked by his sudden appearance.

"Oh, Minhyuk... " Yongsun smiled greeting the boy and confused when she got nothing in return. Instead, he completely ignored her, reached for Byulyi's hand and drags her away from Yongsun.

"Let's go. The class is about to start."