The Feeling

Princess of the Mining

"It's hurt Minhyuk, let go of my hand." Byulyi hissed while trying to pull her hand from Minhyuk's who grasped on her hand tightly. He finally loosened his grips in which Byulyi took the chance to break free. 

Byulyi grimaced upon noticing a faint red mark on her wrist. "Have you lose your mind?"

Minhyuk's eyes softened. He took Byulyi's hand to look over her reddened wrist, but the latter pried his hand and speed up her steps.

Yeah, I must have lose my mind.

"Yah Moon Byulyi, wait up!"

"What?" Byulyi glared over her shoulder. "Don't you supposed to avoiding me?"

"It's not like that, Byulyi..."

"What is not like that? It's definitely like that."

"I just..."

"Just what?" Byulyi stopped and turn her body to facing the flusterd boy.

Minhyuk lost his words as if something stuck in his throat.

"I ..."

She's waiting, but then sighed in frustration after half a minute passed and nothing coming from his mouth. She then proceeds to walk, heading to their class that was now just five meters away.

"Fine. Just don't talk to me until you get yourself together." Byulyi grabs the doorknob and slammed the door shut before Minhyuk could step in the class. 

Minhyuk could only sigh. The day was still long ahead but he got the door slammed right before his face twice. What a beautiful day.

"Yah Byulyi, you can't lock me out here. It's also supposed to be my class. I am dead if I skipped Mrs. Ahn's class." Minhyuk tries his luck.

Minhyuk smiled sheepishly when the door cracked open, revealing Byulyi who poked her head from the ajar door.

"Then I'll pray for your death." Byulyi said before she shut the door closed again.

See, it's definitely a good day. He got it thrice.

__________

Meanwhile Yongsun was stunned with was just happening, but she just shrugged it off thinking that Minhyuk was not in his good mood today. Don't Byulyi said that they're on fight? That's might be the reason of his sour expression.

She looked at her empty lunch box and it makes her heart flutters. She brought her two hands on her chest, afraid that her heart would burst out anytime due to its rapid beat. 

She did remember the kiss and she relieved that Byulyi didn't bring up the incident. She didn't suppose to kiss Byulyi like that, but she just can't help it. She can't help herself. Alcohol and Byulyi was a perfect combination to drive her crazy. 

She was afraid that Byulyi will judge her and make a distance afterward. That's why she never had the courage to face the girl after that night. She was surprised to meet Byulyi at the Park but decided to approach her and see whatever reaction Byulyi would give her. She can't hide forever.

To her surprise, Byulyi didn't give a negative reaction like she supposed to think. Somehow, it gave her hope that maybe, just may be, she has her chance with Byulyi. Despite her dense and clueless attitude, maybe deep down in Byulyi's heart, her name was engraved there. 

The beeps coming from her phone bring back her mind from the beautiful daydream. It was Wheein. She unlocked her phone to read the message.

Unnie, where are you?

On my way to my next class. What's up? Yongsun typed back.

I am hungry, where's my lunch box? Kekeke...

Yongsun facepalmed herself. She just remembered that she had promised Wheein to have their lunch together. How could she totally forget about that. Now her lunch box was empty, what's she gonna do with that.

Sorry Wheein-ah. I really forget...

Quite long pause before she got Wheein's reply.

I should have known... Wheein inserted a crying emo on her text.

Awe... Wheein, O'm so sorry. Just come home early, I'll cook your favourite. Promise. Don't be mad please...

Haha... Jk unnie... Its ok tho.

Yongsun was about to reply when she got another text. 

I may come home late. Don't wait for me, ok.

__________
The breeze is freaking cold and Byulyi has to fully zipping her jacket to make herself warmer. She hummed a random song so she won't feel so lonely as she can't spot any single human being on the alley she's been walking in. Who in their right mind would wander around the dark alley at 2.00 am anyway.

It was another day where she should stay late at the campus to finishing her group project. Guessed it's the perk of being a college student. She wonders if the professors even realized that the assignments they gave were somehow ridiculous, a tight deadline with a bunch of work to do. She has only one fine brain system, and it should be split into some pieces in order to get all the work done. She always prays to the God above for her brain cell well being.

She was about to turn into an another alley when she heard a weird sound coming from it. She stopped and put her hand beside her ear as if it could help her hearing better. It sounds like someone was crying and it's sent shivers down her spine. What if the ghost story that was being the talk among the residents around here was indeed true?

But Byulyi was being Byulyi. She won't stepped back just because a freaking ghost. "Gosh, I am Moon Byulyi. You ghost can't messin' up with me." She just hoped that this ghost was smart enough to stay out of trouble. 

Byulyi's heart beating faster once she spotted the source of the voice. A girl/ghost was sobbing, sitting there hugging her knee while her head ducked onto her lap. She was imagining the scenes from the horror movies, the girl will show up her bloody eyes and piercing fangs once she lift her head up. That's why she was a bit shuddered when the girl finally stirs and show up her face. But instead of being scary, the ghost was ... cute. She seemed familiar tho.

"Yah, Wheein. What are you doing here?" Byulyi shouted when finally girl's face clicked in her mind.

"It's hurt..." Wheein started to sob again.

Byulyi runs over to checking on Wheein. "What happened? Where did you hurt?"

"Byulyi-ssi, it's hurt... My heart..." Wheein clutched her hand on her chest, pointing where her heart was supposed to be. 

Byulyi sighed in relief when she found no wounds on Wheein. The girl must be drunk since she could smell the alcohol.

"Aish, this girl. You scared me. Why did you drunk Wheein, it's not even weekend? Don't you have any class to attend tomorrow?"

"Why do I have to falling for this person? It's hurt Byulyi-ssi..." Instead of answering her question, Wheein just blabbering between her hiccup.

"So it's broken heart huh?" Byulyi muttered to herself. "I don't know what kind of person you've been falling into. But that person must be dumb for neglecting a cute puppy like you." Byulyi tried to cheer her up. "Now let's go Wheein-ssi, I'll walk you home. Yongsun must be worried sick that her precious puppy wasn't at home at this hour."

But the drunken puppy panicked. "No... I can't back home. I won't let Yongsun unnie see me at this state. I had sent her a message that I have sleepover at a friend's house."

"Aish, then what are you doing here? Are you planning to spend the night here?"

"Well, uhm..."

Byulyi sighed. "My place is around the corner. It might not as comfy as yours but definitely better than this alley."

"Is that ok?"

"Nah, you only have three choices. Going back home to your unnie, stay overnight in my place, or staying here. Which one is better?"

"What about giving me some money to book a five star hotel room?"

Byulyi rolled her eyes. "That's not on the list, but I take that as the 3rd option. Bye then." 

Byulyi was playing as if she was about to leave. Wheein tugged on her shirt to prevent her from leaving.

"Byulyi-ssi... are you really going to leave? Are you really the gentle-woman-Byulyi they're talking about?" Wheein Whined.

"I count to three, you're going or not... One..."

"I am going!" Wheein shouted. In a blink of an eye, she latched herself on Byulyi's back with her legs circled to Byulyi's waist.

Byulyi yelped in surprise but has no other choice but to carry the drunken girl on her back. It's felt like De Javu as the familiar scene couples nights ago flashed on her mind. Despite, this time was the other way around.

She chuckled reminded of Minhyuk who was crazily spun her body that caused them to fall down on the street that night. A faint smile crept to her lips but soon replaced by a frown upon remembering that they were still in a fight. She knew that she just being childish, but having her best friend keeping a distance without telling her the reason was kinda hurt.

The girl on her back become silent as a sign that she might already in a deep slumber.

"Yongsun-unnie..." Wheein mumbled in her sleep. "Please have your eyes on me..." 

Byulyi was about to shrug it off whatever meaning implied behind Wheein's words. But her next sentence startled her. 

"I love you unnie..."

Byulyi froze for a moment as her feet become too heavy all of sudden.

"So it was Yongsun, huh..." Byulyi muttered.