The Twinkle Eyes

Princess of the Mining

"No way, Minhyuk. You do it yourself!" Byulyi stern.

"Yah, Byulyi please.... you still owe me something, remember?" Minhyuk pleaded. He put a puppy face in an attempt to melt Byulyi's heart, but the latter flinched in disgust.

"Anything, but this." 

"Oh, you prefer to pay me with your body instead?" Minhyuk smirked.

"ert! I'd rather die."

Byulyi told Minhyuk about her encounter with Yongsun last night. She highly regretted it later because it's led her to this current situation.

"Moon Byulyi, you will DO it or not?"

"No."

"Yes, you will."

"No, I won't."

"Free lunch for a week?"

"A month."

"Yah, you greedy brat! 2 weeks?"

"That's Yongsun's price for you? Three."

"Aish, alright... fine, three." Minhyuk defeated.

"You'll do my homework for the next two weeks."

"I'll do your homework for two weeks ahead."

"You won't let me put a single finger on our group project."

"Yes, yes, I'll do OUR project by myself."

"You will pay for my apartment rent for two months ahead."

"Yes, I will pay your... Yah, Byulyi! Are you trying to rob me?"

"No, I'm trying to kill you."

"Moon Byulyi, don't push me to draw my last card on you." Minhyuk threatened.

"Try me."

"You asked for it."

The bickering was about Minhyuk begged for Byulyi to persuade Yongsun to join their date on this weekend.

According to Byulyi, in which she said it was according to Yongsun, Yongsun was an artsy person. She exclaimed that her love for artsy stuff was bigger than her love for textbook. Wow, who on earth love text book more than anything?

By any chance, there's an art exhibition going on their campus this week. The exhibition itself was held by the Faculty of Fine Art and Visual Communication Design of their university. Minhyuk thought this event was perfect for him to get close to his crush. So, he planned to visit the exhibition on this weekend, dragging his best friend in advance to lessen the awkwardness that potentially grow between him and Yongsun. What a romantic and not-so-mainstream way for a date, right? He must be a genius. 

But since he was a confirmed chicken, rather than ask Yongsun by himself, he asked Byulyi to invite the girl instead, reasoning that it was easier for a girl to ask another girl on what so called girl's talk. What a gentleman there. Guess it was the first time he acknowledged Byulyi as a girl.

Minhyuk slides his phone screen and searching for his album folder. He taps a photo and show it to Byulyi which is startled the latter.

"I'll spread this  photo of yours all around the campus. See if you still have the gut to show up your little  after that."

Oh boy, sorry for ruining your wild imagination, but the  photo here refers to Byulyi's childhood photo. Said photo capturing little Byulyi playing on the playground. Nothing to be embarrassed about if only she did not caught  on a pacifier and wearing nothing but . What kind of parent who let their children playing outdoors?

"Where the hell you got that picture from?" 

"I got it from your Mom. She thinks it was cute and she proudly send this masterpiece  to me. I love her. Haha... who thinks that our mighty Princess was such a big baby whom still loves those fake stuff at the age of 5? Oh God, seems like your chest not growing much since then, it's almost looked as flat." Minhyuk roared with laughter. Byulyi swears that her largest wish right now was to kill the boy.

"Shut up!"

Her mom and Minhyuk met a few months ago while she made her visit to her beloved daughter. Minhyuk gladly offers himself to fetch Mrs. Moon at the train station upon hearing the news. The two seemed clicked together and get along really well. They even had exchanged each other number.

Gosh, elder nowadays...

"So, how?" Minhyuk said after his laughter died down. 

"It's stupid Minhyuk. Why don't you just ask her by yourself?" Byulyi argued, still trying to escape herself from the situation she's been involved to.

"I'm not ready for rejection, it will be very embarrassing."

"You don't even trying. Will it be any different if it's me? And it's not like you will confess to her or something, it's only a date for God sake!"

"At least the effect of the rejection will be less painful if I don't go through it with my very heart. And no, it's not a date... yet. It's called hang out."

"That's ridiculous!"

"It's our favourite, something ridiculous. Now, how huh? I'm waiting." Minhyuk crossed his arms on his chest and tapped one of his feet on the ground. Not forget to wiggle his eyebrow for a dramatic purpose. Byulyi hates how the table turned now.

"Fine!"

"Good. Now shoo! Good luck buddy! I love you." Minhyuk pushed Byulyi's back to shoo the girl.

"I'm going to kill you later. Tell my mom, she will be the next!" 

======================

Byulyi swears she's not a stalker. Waiting for a certain person in the front of Faculty of Chemistry Building for more than half an hour not counted as stalking, right?

She huffed, felt boring for standing there doing nothing but keep staring at the hallway, afraid that she would miss the awaited girl if she blinked her eyes. It's break time, many students have already left but still no sight of Yongsun. 

Maybe she has no classes to attend today.

She was about to leave when she spotted a familiar face between a group of girls walking in the hallway. She was wearing a bright yellow sweater paired with a turquoise skirt and white Converse. What a weird combination of colours. Byulyi was sure she would look totally awful wearing those outfits, but the latter looked hella fine on those. It's not fair. God's not fair.

Noticing Byulyi in front of her building, the girl looked surprised, but then flashed a smile that was as bright as her sweater. Byulyi takes a note to wear a shades next time she sees the girl.

"Byulyi, what you're doing here?"

"Hi... I just had a class around here, and then I saw you. So, I think give you a Hi was not a bad idea. Or do you think it was?" Byulyi lied. How can she tell Yongsun that she has been waiting for her like centuries.

"Of course not. I'm glad to see you here. We're about to have lunch, mind to join?"

"Oh, thanks. But I will not be long. I will join Minhyuk afterward or else he's going to kill me for ditching him for a pretty girl."

Yongsun laughed. She's gesturing her friends to leave first as she will follow later.

"So, he was your boyfriend? The handsome boy?" 

Now it's Byulyi's turn to laugh. Imagining she and Minhyuk on a romantic scene feels like the funniest joke ever.

"Boyfriend? Told you he was my enemy."

"Oh... " Yongsun didn't know why she's feeling relieved. No, actually she's kinda have an idea why she's feeling so.

"Speaking of the devil, Minhyuk and I planned to visit the art exhibition on Faculty of Fine Art's gallery this weekend. I think you had already heard about the exhibition, right?"

"Oh, yeah. I've heard about that. But sadly I still haven't had time to visit the exhibition. Isn't this weekend will be the last day?" 

"Yeah, that's why we'll make it there before the closing. If you want, we can go there together?" 

Please, say you want. Save my pride from disgrace.

"Can I?" Yongsun beamed. Byulyi really needs to wear a shades if she doesn't want to lose her sight.

"Yeah, of course. Why not."

"I really want to go there, but since most of my friends think that kind of exhibition was boring, I can't drag any of them, hufftt... It's nice that you guys interested in art as well. So, count me in." 

"Touche. We'll text you later for where we're going to meet."

"Yeah. Great. Ok." Yongsun tried her best to keep her composure despite the joyful feeling that fills her heart immediatelly.

"Ok... see you later then. I should get going now."

"Yup. See ya..."

Byulyi bids her goodbye to the still smiling girl. She's steping down the small stair and heaved in relief.

You owe me so much Lee Minhyuk!

===========================

Yongsun just had finished her lunch when her phone shows an unread message from an uknown number.

"Who's this?" Yongsun mumbled while tapping her phone screen to open the message.

Don't forget about this weekend. Let's meet at the front gate at 10.00 am. 

Yongsun can't contain her smile upon reading the message. She can't believe her luck. May be yellow was really her lucky colour. Or is it because she fed a homeless cat on her way to campus this morning? Whatever. She should wear yellow more often onwards and feed the poor cat every day.

She hit the save button to save the number and typed in "The Twinkle Eyes" on her contact number list.