Another Princess

Princess of the Mining

Yongsun can't stop herself from smiling. Her cheek hurt, really, but she just can't help it. Today is Saturday, and she's been waiting today to come like forever. She can't wait to see those captivating eyes for real, after keep coming back to her dream every time she closed her eyes at night.

But damn, guess she spent too much time on deciding which outfit suit her the most and what kind of make up would make her looked the best. Such action made her more than 10 minutes late from the time they were supposed to meet. She sprinted towards the campus building. She can't make the person she's going to meet waiting for her any longer.

Damn, Yongsun!

Her steps stopped when she reaches the front gate of her campus building. No academic activities held on Saturday, but it doesn't stop students coming by since most of club activities were going on in weekend. She frowned when she can't find the face she's been longing for between the crowd.

Yongsun took her phone and dialing the number of the person she's going to meet, but she halts the call upon seeing a glimpse of a familiar person waving from afar. Yongsun waved back excitedly.

"Sorry, for being late... Have you been a while here? " Said the person who was panting between the breath.

"It's ok. I just get in here."

"Good then... I was going to give you a call to let you know that I might be late, but I just realized that I didn't have your number."

"You didn't have my number?" Yongsun questioned.

"Yeah, sorry. I should just ask Minhyuk, but he didn't pick up my call. Guess it was on silent mode again, he just too numb to sense a vibration."

"Oh, so... the text earlier... " 

... was from Minhyuk?

"Sorry?"

"No, it's nothing." Yongsun said. She tries her best not to drop her smile. Albeit if anyone paid an extra attention they will notice that her smile wasn't as genuine as it was minutes ago.

It hit her hard. How can she be so stupid to think that the note she had been received on the canteen was from Byulyi, the owner of those twinkling eyes? How naive she was. It's not like the possibility of a girl having a same-gender interest was high. According to a stupid and unreliable research she read, there was about 15% of women around the world that might have same-gender interest. She was the lucky/unlucky one being among the 15%, but it also means her chance to meet a girl like her was relatively low. 

She had her confidence about Byulyi's preference because of her boyish appearance, but that was a shallow presumption to conclude that Byulyi was also swinging that way

How cruel this world could be. It gave her hope that she might have met with her other half, the owner of her heart, but then she felt like being thrown from the seventh sky. Who could survive after falling that high? 

Despite all the down feeling and shattered heart, she had at least tried to cheer herself up. Doesn't something straight still can be bent down? Even a steel bar will bend through the tempering. It's only need an extra force and effort.

A straight girl is either just a girl who hasn't yet realize her uality or met the right person to make her realize, right? And you know nothing about her love preference, let's find out later Yongsun!

"Where's Minhyuk?" She tried to compose herself and faked a smile.

"Your prince? He told me that he will booked the ticket and meet him at the gallery." Byulyi said. She failed to notice the slight change in Yongsun expression, thanks to Yongsun acting skill. Two years of joining the Drama Club was at least useful today.

"Ok, let's get going then."

"Let's go."

================================

The exhibition was not that big since it was organized to facilitate students' and post graduates' art works. But it's still a nice hunt for the arts lover like Yongsun as she could see many artsy stuffs displayed on the event. 

Minhyuk on the other hand was more than happy for the fact that he finally met her crush again after all of this time, the beautiful and bright Kim Yongsun. He didn't know much about art, but in his utmost believes, Kim Yongsun was the finest art he had ever seen in his entire life. 

Unlike the other two, Byulyi was regretting her decision for agreeing to come to the exhibition. Not just she didn't know a thing about art, but being the third wheel was never been pleasant at all. It's felt like wearing a suit on a beach party, or ordering pasta in a Japanese restaurant. Just wrong thing in a wrong place. 

She shoots her deadly stare toward the boy who seems forgotten about her existence. She was being invisible to Minhyuk right now. He was too engrossed wandering around the exhibition, agreeing with whatever Yongsun's opinion about the stuffs they found in the gallery. He even tells his opinion about some artsy stuff, trying hard to impress the girl. Byulyi praised his dedication for suffering himself for this past few days, reading whatever crap he found on the internet that was related to art. Love really is a magic.

Byulyi rolled her eyes when Minhyuk grabs Yongsun's hand to lead her down when they stepped into the small stair that separating the sculpture and painting section. It would be a totally different scene if it was Byulyi instead of Yongsun. He might won't pay attention to her at all, or worst, pushing her down and laughed his off of her misery. A double standard.

She stopped at an abstract painting, titled The Wavy Shore at the bottom of the canvas. She was in awe on how she couldn't pictured shore or even waves on the painting. It's only consist of unshaped blue and white paint splattered messily on the canvas. She remembers having done the same messy painting at her kindergarten days.

But still, seeing this confusing painting feels much better than trailing behind the couple.

"It's nicely painted, simple yet beautiful. The artist use rippling and geometry to form the object. The visual interplay was a bit hard to fathom, but that was the charm of it." Yongsun commented. Byulyi startled, wondering since when Yongsun was standing next to her.

"Oh..." That's the only word Byulyi could utter in response.

"You didn't really liked painting, did you?"

"Well... I just don't understand art in general. It was a bit complicated for my artless brain."

Yongsun laughed. "So, you're here because of Minhyuk? I envied you guys. I mean, I just know you, but I can tell that the thing going on between you two was sweet and beautiful."

"To be honest, yes, he dragged me here. And you shouldn't feel envied at all, attached to him was more like atone for whatever sin I've done in my past life. I must be a bad one, may be the one who killed the whole Dinosaur in the Cretaceous period and being responsible for their extinction. Perhaps the asteroid fell theory was not true after all."

"But that was like 65 million years ago, human did not exist at that period." 

"Who knows exactly what happened in the past. Maybe I was a mighty Dinosaur who killed my own kind back then." Byuyli replied. Her eyes were serious.

"You're ridiculous!" Yongsun shakes her head, felt amused by the girl beside her.

"Girls, what this Dinosaur talks all about?" Minhyuk came behind the two girls.

"You looked like a Dinosaur from afar." Byulyi replied.

"Is that supposed to be a compliment?" 

"Yes, only if you think that Dinosaur is a cute creature."

"They were." Minhyuk insisted.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..." 

"But Dinosaurs were cute. You're with me right, Yongsun?

Yongsun could only watch the two in amused. Being with them was fun. Her two new friends were fun to be with. She felt lucky for knowing these two idiots. Perhaps it wasn't too greedy if she hoped that their new bloomed friendship will grow into something more. She blamed herself for falling that easy to the girl she just met like weeks ago. Bless her poor-gay-heart. Or should she blamed the girl for being overly attractive? Being charming and attractive should be illegal, right? Yongsun sighed.

==========================================

"So, you two met during your freshman year?" Yongsun beamed in awe.

"Yeah..." Minhyuk replied.

They were on a food stall outside the gallery, grabbing some food to fill their rumbling stomach.

"Wow... But you looked like a long married couple. People might think that you were knew each other since babies."

"Nah, I can't help it either. She just can't live without me, right Byulyi?" Minhyuk wiggled his eyebrow.

"Tell whatever that can help boost your self-esteem, Hyukie." Byuyli scoffed.

"You guys seemed to have fun there" Said a girl who just walked into the food stall they're eating at.

Byulyi huffed upon seeing the girl. Here come the other reason why she reluctant to visit the ongoing event at the first place. She was the girl she avoids the most.

"Anyway, thank you for visiting our gallery. The closing will be held on this evening, it will be nice if you can attend. There will be a special performance there." 

"Thank you for the invitation, but we've seen enough and about to leave." Byuyli retorted.

"Oh, come on princess... You don't even asking for Minhyuk's opinion." The girl said back.

"And by the way, who was this pretty lady? Are Byulyi alone wasn't enough for you, Minhyuk?" The girl pointed to Yongsun, making the latter felt uneasy.

Pretty was an understatement to describe the girl, but her cold aura and piercing gaze sent shiver down Yongsun's spine. The cheery atmosphere they had earlier dropped in a sudden by the girl appearance.

"Just spill what you want and leave." Minhyuk replied coldly.

"Oh, wow... what kind of attitude there. Let's talk outside, I am sure you don't want your new girl hears our talk."

Minhyuk eyed Byulyi who gives him a light nod before cueing the girl out of the food stall.

"Who is she?" Yongsun asked after the two out of her sight.

Byulyi heaved a deep breath. Spelling the girl name was the least thing she wanted to do.

"She was an Art student. A senior. Minhyuk's ex-girlfriend. The Ice Princess. Jung Soojung..."

Yongsun nodded hearing said name. A name that felt like ever heard of before.

Jung Soojung? Sound familiar.

 

□□□□□■■■□□□□□

Yeah, Ice Princess belongs to Jessica, but I used it for Soojung here. My rusty brain was too lazy to think of a new character/name.