A Night To Remember

Princess of the Mining

"Hey Wheein, where did you keep the trash bag? I'm being the nice one to clean up the mess you girls left here." Minhyuk shouted from the kitchen. 

Wheein startled and shouted back, panic could be heard in her voice. "It's in the 2nd drawer, right above the sink." She drew herself away from Yongsun's bedroom door and run to the kitchen. But she stopped. Her hand searching for a grip as she felt like her spirit flew away and left her body.

What she just witnessed broke her heart. She had guessed it from the time she saw the shine in Yongsun's eyes every time she talked about Byulyi. She knew it when she saw the dumb smile crept on the older girl's lips every time she mentioned her name. But she hoped that this party will prove her that she guessed it wrong, that Yongsun was not in love. Not with a girl other than her.

Wheein never knew she could fallen for a girl. But it was beyond her will that love unconsciously bloomed in her heart without giving her any option to choose who she should fall in love with. She has fallen in love with Kim Yongsun. And it hurts. It hurt because she doesn't have the courage to shout out for the world knew who she really was. It hurt to know that she was too weak and can't bear the consequences she'll get once people found out her love preference. It hurt to think that she can't fight for herself, her feeling. It hurt to keep her feeling buried deep in her heart. It hurt to know that someone she was deeply in love with never even noticing her feeling. It hurt because now that someone had been in love with someone else.

"Are you OK? Why are you crying?" Minhyuk asked upon noticing the girl that was standing in front of the window wiping her eyes.

"Me? Crying? Ah, it my eyelashes. I think it fell and traped in my eye." Wheein chuckled to hide her slightly trembling voice.

"Gosh. You scare me. I thought I had broke your heart and that makes you commit to jump from the window. It's only 3rd floor, you might  end up on wheel chair and regretted your reckless decision for the rest of your life instead of being die."

"That's... stupid." Wheein forced a small laugh.

She gathers the facade as the typical Wheein before she turned and flashed her dimpled smile to the worried boy.

"Minhyuk-ssi... are you and Byulyi-ssi are dating?" 

"Eh?" Minhyuk surprised by the sudden question, despite it became a common question for him as some people might misinterpret their relationship.

Wheein cursed herself for blurted out and had no filter of thought of what she have said. "Uhm... Sorry I didn't mean to be nosy or something, he... he... I... I just think you two were really cute together."

Minhyuk laughed seeing the flustered girl in front of him. "We're not dating, Wheein... She's like my own sister."

"Oh, I see..." Wheein paused. "But, Byulyi-ssi is really charming. She's pretty. Since boys were domintating your Faculty, you the Mining guys are so lucky to have her there. She's like the flower among the wolves."

"Don't you think that the wolf thing a bit offending?" Minhyuk grimaced.

"Tell that to the people who make that idiom." Wheein replied before she excuses herself and run to the toilet. 

Minhyuk never thought about it, but now it hits him. Byulyi's look wasn't bad, but he never thought she was as charming as Wheein said. He knew that some boys in his faculty were have had an interest in Byulyi. Some were chickened and drew their self before even trying. He can't blame them though, Byulyi was scary and dense as hell every time a guy tries to hit on her. But the others had enough guts to make a move, and it bothers him. That was the time for him to send his 'stay away from her' glares, which is effective enough to shove them off most of the time. He believed that it bothers him because he thought that none of them were qualified enough for Byulyi. He only wanted the best for the girl.

"Let's call it a night, Minhyuk. It's late already." Byulyi closed Yongsun's room after she turned off the light. 

"Yeah, let's go." Minhyuk gathers his stuff and yells for Wheein to hear him. "Wheein-ssi, we're going home. Thank you for tonight." 

Wheein yelled back from the toilet, mumbling something that both of Byulyi and Minhyuk quite failed to catch. It's something like see you or you're welcome. Minhyuk amused imagining Wheein convey her words whilst brushing her teeth. The girl was too cute for her own.

Meanwhile, Wheein sat on the floor with her back leaned into the toilet's door. The tears she's been trying to hold were streaming down as she heard the click sound from the front door.

=====================================

It was past 2 in the morning when they leave Yongsun's apartment. The street is almost empty with only some cars passed by and few people seen on the street. Minhyuk insisted to walk Byulyi home since her apartment was not too far from Yongsun's. 

He chuckled when sees his dearest friend tripped and almost fell. "Don't tell me you're drunk, Moon Byulyi."

"I am not. It's just my eyes become too heavy as if tons of brick hanging up on them."

"Silly. Just get up on my back." Minhyuk stopped his step and slightly bend his body, gesturing the sleepy girl to hop on his back.

Byulyi wasting no time hopped to his back immediately. Minhyuk almost falls by the sudden weight on his back. 

"Yah, slow down, girl!" 

Byulyi grinned and circled her arm on Minhyuk's neck for support. 

"God, you're so heavy. Did tons of brick really hanging on your eyes?" Minhyuk groaned. 

"Shut up and move Hyukie!" Byulyi commanded. She buried her face in Minhyuk's neck as she yawned and closed her eyes.

Minhyuk keeps walking with the huge burden attached to his back. He shuddered when he felt Byulyi's warm breath on his neck. It's not the first time he piggybacked the latter, but why does it somehow feel different. Byulyi's arms that circled on his shoulder, her face that was too close as she snuggled into his neck, the smell of her perfume, why does it bothers him?

What's wrong with me? Minhyuk sighed.

Meanwhile, sleepy Byulyi was not sleeping at all. She can't. Not when the kiss scene earlier keep replaying like a broken record in her mind. The kiss was short, but the taste of Yongsun's lips still lingered on hers. 

How dare she started the kiss and collapsed right after, before Byulyi could even come back to her sense. Leaving her dumbfounded with what just happened.

What the heck.

"Hyukie, if someday... I steal one of your precious things, will you hate me for that?" 

"Why you ask that stupid question?"

"Just answer me."

"Then let me ask you, how many times you steal my pen? And my chocolates? You must have already died if that kind of thing turned me to hate you."

"I never stole your pen, Minhyuk! I borrow them, but well... kind of forget to give them back. And the chocolates... I know you didn't like the chocolates that Soojung keeps to send you every Friday, I just save them before you threw it away." Byulyi defended herself. "And were that even your precious things?"

"Well... I don't know how to answer your question... I hate to admit it, but for me, I don't think there's something that's more precious than what we had right now. I won't trade our friendship with anything." 

"Eww... Why do I feel like to puke right away? Am I really talking with Lee Minhyuk? Had you eaten too much cheese? That was gross!" Byulyi faked a disgusted face.

"Shut up, or I'll drop you down." Minhyuk threatened. He spins his body, making the girl on his back swayed left and right.

"Yah, Minhyuk stop it!" Byulyi screamed and tightened her grip on Minhyuk's neck.

"Hey Byulyi, I.. ca...n't... br...eath..."

"You drop me, I'll drop your image in front of your beloved Yongsun."

"Just... do... it.... I don't have... any flaw... to.. worrrry about...." 

========================================

"Ouch, It's hurt Byulyi! Could you please do it tenderly" Minhyuk grimaced.

"Just stay still, will you? You're really a baby." Byulyi whined. 

"It's broken. God, how can I live my life and facing the world tomorrow with my broken nose? I would look so awful."

Byulyi rolled her eyes on her best friend dramatic line. "It's not broken, Minhyuk. The blood must be caused by the hard smash on your nose. Your face is TOTALLY fine."

"Really?" Minhyuk sighed in relief. "It's your fault, Byulyi. If you didn't choke me and make so much movement, we won't fall." Minhyuk reminisces the cause of his bleeding nose. He was loosing his balance while Byulyi was still on his back. Afraid that he would fall on top of Byulyi, he forced himself forward, causing him fallen with his front hitting the hard pavement. It worse with Byulyi's weight on top of his back. 

"Yah, you're the one who was spinning around and making the scene." Byulyi put the pocket of ice cube s on Minhyuk's nose to ease the pain. This time she did it properly since the boy keeps whining about her being too rough.

Minhyuk hissed when the cold ice touched his bleeding nose. The pain was there, but what served in front of him was something that could make him forget about the stinging pain. Something must have clogged on his lung to the point his respiration being suffocated all of sudden. Something that took his breath away. The breathtaking Moon Byulyi.

Byulyi looked so angelic in her motherly mode. Her soft gaze, her concerned expression, her pointy nose, her small pouty lips, ....

Minhyuk had to disagree with Wheein who said that Byulyi was pretty. She was wrong. Byulyi's beauty was beyond the word. Why did that fact just hit him now. 

Minhyuk held Byulyi's hand that was still latched on his face. Her tender and warm hand doing better at shooting the pain than the cold ice bag. It felt nice on his, but he chose to carefully pull her hand away while heaved his deepest sigh.

"I should get going now. Good night, Byulyi." 

"But your nose still blee..." Byulyi can't even finish her word as Minhyuk stood up abruptly and stormed out her apartment. 

What with the people? They're acting strange tonight.

 

□□□□□■■■□□□□□

Lack of MoonSun moment here, maybe I'll make it up on the next chapter. 

I had decided which pair would be together when I started this fic. But now I hesitated. Like, I want both MinByul and MoonSun are together if that was even possible.

Many thanks to you guys who spend your precious time to read this crap. Feel free to drop your comment.