3rd Tooth

Toothless

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"So...let me process this correctly. You threw yourself at him?"

"I did not! My body just moved without me commanding it to do what it did!"

"So you embraced him lovingly and he didn't respond," Jimin  on his straw curiously, eyes growing wide. "Or am I not following correctly? Seems like you want some milk with your Kookie." He puckers his lips at his friend, who would kick him if he wasn't the younger one.

"Over my dead body. I'd rather pour vinegar in my eyes and set myself on fire, jump in a vat of acid full of--"

"Aigoo," Jimin places hands over his ears, having heard enough. "I get it. He ruined your life."

"Yes, because of him I can never smile again. I doubt anyone would look twice at me in the executive world. They'll probably think I do drugs or something." Taehyung buries his head in his arms, groaning. He misses the smirk that spreads across Jimin's lips. "Well why don't you just ruin his, then?"

Tae's ears twitch, his interest visibly piqued. "I'm listening.."

"If you hate the guy so much and you're dying in a cycle of perpetual depression because of him, get revenge. I'm sure it would help you get over the whole tooth thing really quick. I'll even bet you to make it more interesting." Jimin's face is nonchalant while he's sipping on apple juice with his legs up, much to Taehyung's suspicion. "Why are you suggesting this? I thought you were team Jungkook."

"I love the guy," Jimin nods as a matter-of-factly. "But it's obvious that you like him and he's the sweetest guy in the world so you're obviously going to fail. It's easy cash, idiot."

Taehyung leans back in his chair and ignores his food and the urge to blush for the time being. This could be his ultimate chance to get back at Jungkook for all the bull he went through when they were kids. Sure, Tae didn't think of himself as a bad person. Sure, he was being incredibly petty over something that happened twelve years ago. He still feels perfectly justified in his decision to get revenge and is way too excited at his friend's sudden suggestion of the plan. He could finally see the look on his enemy's face when he tastes victory and watches everything crumble around Jungkook. It was absolutely perfect, and Taehyung's diabolical brain was about to be put to excellent use.

Tae grinned, leaning into his friend's personal space all too closely. "You're on. What do I have to do?"

"Well, it's up to you. Just make sure you get it done in thirty days. Slander his reputation, break his heart, I don't care." Jimin is chewing on his carrots with a giant smile on his face, enjoying his friend's interest in the plan. "If you fail, you have to pay for five dinner dates for me and Yoongi. You also have to pay for my lunch for the rest of the year. Oh, and I want your round glasses too--and 100,000 won." Jimin is laughing even harder now, orange pieces of food flying everywhere. "What the hell? Why so much?!" Taehyung's eyes are falling out of his head as he holds back swear words.

"Because you're going to lose, so I'm going to milk it and take all I can get! I can smell it. Loser." With that, Jimin bounces out of the cafeteria, his laughter echoing down the hallway.

Taehyung realizes how hard he's squishing his apple between his fingers, easing up on his clenched fists. He slaps a notebook on the table and begins scribbling ideas down, a smile spreading across his face. "Operation Kookie begins tomorrow."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

The sun sets swiftly over Pyeongsaeng and covers the buildings in shades of orange, purple and red. While it's a brisk day, Taehyung still smiles at the scenery as he gazes at the sleeping sun and blows hot breath over the glass window. He draws smiles on the glass, blinking curiously when something catches his eye in the window. From four stories up he can see a figure on the soccer field. He his head to the side and glances at his watch.

"It's  four o' clock. Everyone's gone home for dinner..." Taehyung can't seem to stop himself and ventures down the empty stairwells and out to the bleachers to get a closer look. He peeks around, careful not to be seen and squints his eyes. He struggles without his glasses but he's almost sure it's...

Jungkook.

He grits his teeth when he says the name as he always does, growing more and more irritated by the second. He ponders why Jungkook would be here so late, immediately remembering they have a game tomorrow. With such an aggressive coach he shouldn't need extra practice, but there he was, going above and beyond like he always had to.

Tae couldn't lie to himself; it was compelling. His eyes could not be led astray from the boy who was so far away from him, yet seemed so close. The fluidity of his movements captivated Taehyung, and for a moment he couldn't understand how--or why, rather--a person like Jungkook existed. Even without his glasses, Taehyung's eyes followed every crane of his neck, every bend of his torso, and every flex of his bicep. When each vein would protrude from his lean, glistening muscles Taehyung's heart raced even more. He shoves a hand in his knapsack and scrambles for his glasses, not taking eyes off of the boy. When he finally perches them atop his nose, they fog up immediately.

Suddenly Jungkook collapsed in exhaustion, grabbing handfuls of the grass below him before downing a bottle of water. His body is shaking from the conflicting temperatures of his body and the environment, and he opts to quickly shower and head home for the day. Taehyung's tomato-red face heats up when he sees Jungkook walking in his direction and he panics wildly. He dives into the closest building he can find and stuffs himself into a corner, dizzy from the sudden humidity in the air.

The he waits.

And waits.

When it seems like his body is going to surrender to the cramp in his from the uncomfortable position, he hears panting and sees Jungkook approaching a doorway. He pauses and drops his gym bag to the floor, opening up a stray locker on his left and sorting through belongings. When Taehyung thinks things can't get any worse, of course--they do.

Jungkook pulls his uniform over his head, and Taehyung breathes a sigh of relief when he sees a t-shirt underneath. 

Then Jungkook's nimble fingers round the hem of his t-shirt and swiftly pull it off, revealing creamy tanned skin underneath.

Taehyung's places a hand over his chest, which is rising and falling wildly and he can't seem to calm down. He's seen plenty of shirtless guys before, and as shared anatomy it was nothing new. Something particular about this idiot as he so loved to call him was striking several vital arteries, and sending all the blood to his face. He glances around the room to survey his escape routes, but completely forgets his agenda when Jungkook pulls down his pants, and then his underwear. He stands stark in the walkway as he picks up his phone and sorts through his music playlist, opting for a Kim Sung Jae song.

All the while Taehyung has blood pouring from his nose from the sight of literally everything on Jungkook's body, and he is Jungshook.

I have to get out of here!

When Jungkook disappears to turn on the faucet in the shower room, Tae climbs out of the small cranny he was lodged in and scans the Men's locker room for the door he came in. Finding the exit is a pretty difficult task, considering his non-existent interest in anything athletic. He crawls on hands and knees, struggling to hold the blood in his nose. He looks left and then right to no avail and the steam from the shower fogs his glasses even more. When Tae thinks a panic attack is about to ensue, he hears soothing noises coming from the shower.

"As I told you, I'm in love with you~" Jungkook delivers a free performance, his sweet nectar dripping into Tae's ears once again.

"But I can't tell you..another day has passed but I'm still going nowhere~" Tae finds himself smiling at the irony of the song lyrics, thinking of his friend swooning over Yoongi. Looking towards where the steam is coming from, Taehyung sees a door at the far end of the room that reads "Exit." He realizes he'll have to crawl past the shower in order to get out, and curses himself for even being there in the first place. He looks down at Jungkook's pile of clothing, grinning when he gets an idea.

Maybe this isn't so bad after all...

He crouches down low, sliding across the floor. He's almost a foot away from the shower room when he grabs Jungkook's change of clothes and his underwear and jumps to his feet, speeding to the opposite side of the room. Jungkook is enraptured in song and doesn't seem to notice the giant moron somersaulting across the room. Taehyung congratulates himself on the first part to his mischief, waiting patiently for Jungkook to get out of the shower. Sure enough, the water stops within a few minutes and Tae has one hand plugging his flowing nose and the other holding his phone up: on record.

Jungkook steps out of the steam with wet hair pasted to his forehead and droplets running down his chiseled body. Tae is trying is hardest not to take in all parts of his body, solely looking on for revenge purposes only. Jungkook curses worriedly when he can't find his clothes, and Tae records until he's satisfied enough with the stupid look on Jungkook's face. He speeds out of the exit door with Jungkook's clothes in his bag, and blood all over his favorite tie.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung's mother dabs at his nose with concern written all over her face the next morning. "Did someone hit you? You were leaking all night." Taehyung flinches at the cold sensation of the cotton ball, waving her wrist away. "I'm fine mom. It's just the weather...and stuff." She narrows her eyes at him, but doesn't get a chance to accuse him of anything before he grabs his bag and is running out the door to meet Jimin on the stairs.

Their hands blend into a secret handshake only they know before they start the walk to school. Tae can barely contain his excitement and the confession falls out like vomit. "I saw Jungkook yesterday,"

Jimin almost trips and breaks his neck, choking on a meal-replacement shake. "You did what? You guys hit third base in one day? Damn."

"No, you idiot! I snuck into the boys' locker room and stole his clothes. Then I took a video of him walking around with nothing but his soccer shirt to cover himself. It was hilarious." Jimin is frowning at his friend, shaking his head in disapproval. "Wow, I didn't think you were really going to do it. You're such an ."

Jimin sped up a little in his steps, as if he didn't want to be associated with his friend; Taehyung simply laughs it off. "You're the one who suggested all this! Besides, you don't even know what I'm gonna do with it." Jimin rolled his eyes. "I know I suggested it but...look, he's a really nice guy. Don't go too far." Jimin looks genuinely worried but Tae brushes it off with ease, not telling him of his motives.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Later on that day, Jungkook and Tae sit in the PC room and work on their group assignment. Jungkook has been awkwardly quiet since the hugging incident, and his eyes follow nothing but his calculations. He finally sits up, diverting his attention from his laptop. "Are you alright, Taehyung-ssi?"

Taehyung is staring off into space, his mind in places where it has no business going. Flashes of Jungkook's abs, Jungkook's v-line, and Jungkook's wet triceps from the previous day are diving in and out of his brain and he can't seem to get his arch nemesis off his brain. When Tae is almost so deep in his thoughts he could drown, he feels a soft cloth touch the area above his lips and jumps.

"I didn't mean to scare you...but your nose is bleeding pretty bad." Jungkook looked worried as the blood flow became more severe. He reaches into his pocket and fishes out a hankerchief, soft hands holding Tae's chin upwards while he plugs his nostrils. "I should take you to the infirmary. Let's go." Jungkook looked determined, linking hands with his fellow class president and rising from his seat. "I'm really fine, it's just the weather, s-seriously.." Taehyung's voice trailed off as the younger didn't realize his firm, sincere grip would just make the flow worse. After some protesting and reassurance, Jungkook sat down. "Once I transfer the pdf to your laptop I'll go." He nodded, smiling as he handed over his flash drive. "Are you coming to the game tonight? It's gonna be big. We're playing Yongsaeng."

Taehyung tries to stop himself from shaking, and delivers a steady answer. "Sure...I'll come." Jungkook's warm smile blesses his cheeks again, and Taehyung scrambles away before he can get any more embarrassed.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung slides into the bleachers with Jimin right on time as the team surrounds a podium with their captain in the center. There's a projector behind them and Jungkook is smiling at all the screaming girls that have faithfully reported to the soccer field just to see him play. Tae grimaces, remembering the reason he's there and trying to keep his vomit down until then.

"Thank you so much for coming out, ladies and gentlemen. We normally don't start off our games like this, but we're big on school spirit here at Pyeongsaeng High. We want to show you just how much teamwork means to us. With the help of the Tech Club, we've prepared a special montage just for you." Jungkook does a small clap and a bow, configuring his laptop to start the show.

"Oh wow, this is different. I guess this is why our team is so popular." Jimin perks up, sitting upright in his seat.

The field falls quiet and the lights dim for better visibility of what seems like a show to remember.

The first image that pops up on the screen is Jungkook.

Completely , and singing his life away.

Score: Kim Taehyung- 1

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

I'm going to edit I promise. I'm just extremely lazy and I have class tomorrow and after having spring break I just kljsaljsla;ka;f

BUT I shouldn't whine because I love you guys. Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I can't believe you stuck around this long omg?

See you in the next one lovelies <3