2nd Molar

Toothless

The last day at Yang comes with a bittersweet taste that lingers on Taehyung's tongue. He sighs at his reflection in the hazy mirror, the condensation fresh from a hot shower. This scene isn't foreign to him at all–he's going to miss the moonlit nights spent with Jungkook leaving tender kisses on his thighs, and bruising them right after. Once his mind is in the gutter, Jungkook appears next to him to collect his toothbrush. He smirks at his reflection in the mirror, almost immediately sensing the subject of Taehyung's daydreaming once his towel slips slightly past his shoulders. Jungkook presses his face lovingly into Taehyung's neck, resting his chin on his clavicle. "You smell so good baby."

Taehyung quickly breathes out a panicked "Thanks", eager to get away from the object of lust behind him. He's worn Jungkook out with his drive the past few days–even he needs a break sometimes. Jungkook doesn't seem to be having any of it though, as his grip tightens around Taehyung's waist as soon as he moves. His towel slides hopelessly lower down his torso, deepening the smirk on Jungkook's handsome face. "I bet you taste even better. Bend over."

"K-Kook! We can't do that right now...the bus is leaving in an hour and I haven't even started packing!"

"I told you to start packing yesterday. You were more determined to ride me until I cried, which I did." Jungkook his lips and smiles as he reminisces on dirty thoughts. Taehyung blushes and huffs, nudging him out of the way. "Move Kook. I have to get dressed." 

"We'll never get privacy like this ever again Tae. We should take advantage of it," Jungkook grins handsomely before lifting Taehyung and placing him atop the sink. Despite his protesting, Taehyung does nothing but succumb to the kisses trailing down his neck. His hands slide up Taehyung's thighs, eager to get his towel off. "Put your legs up on my shoulders. I just want a little tas–"

Jungkook is interrupted by rapping on the suite door, and the annoyed growl that rumbles out of his chest is a stark contrast to Taehyung's sigh of relief. Jungkook straightens himself, making sure to tuck away his before walking out of the bathroom. "You owe me dessert. You know what kind I like."

He leaves a red-faced Taehyung to fumble about in the bathroom while he reluctantly opens the door to a shining Hoseok. "What the hell do you want?"

"I just came to say hi!"

"It's eight in the morning."

"Yeah, and I'm the trip coordinator. So let me coordinate!" Hoseok frowns at the ty reception he's receiving, gritting his teeth.

"What exactly did you come here to coordinate? We're packing."

"Is it official now? Are you and Taehyung a thing?"

"Yes, I'm sure you heard I was tonguing him down in the hallway. I was actually about to have him for breakfast." Jungkook states this as-a-matter-of-factly, his hand resting in his pocket as he taps his foot impatiently. Hoseok clears his throat awkwardly at the bluntness before speaking up again.

"U-Um...that was more up front than I expected. Okay," Hoseok quickly fishes out an envelope sealed with wax and hurriedly hands it to Jungkook. "this came for you a little while ago."

"What is it?" Jungkook an eyebrow curiously.

"How the hell should I know? Just have both of your asses on the bus by ten. I mean it!" Hoseok wags his finger before departing to boss someone else around. Jungkook peers down at the detailed stationary, wondering what could possibly be inside. He can hear rustling in the bedroom as Taehyung gets his things together; he doesn't seem to need any assistance, so Jungkook unfolds the contents and looks over the letter.

"Dear Mr. Jeon, we are pleased to inform you of your acceptance to Kissinger University. You have been awarded a Platinum scholarship prior to your early release from..." Jungkook stops reading after a while, the words becoming white noise after a moment. He stares so hard into the paper, almost as if he wants to peer right through it. Clenching his fist, Jungkook feels all of the pressure lift from his head when he tears the letter into two pieces.

Then three.

Then four.

His hands keep tearing, unconsciously and without falter. He can feel the tears trying to push through and invade him, to take him captive and make him vulnerable. It isn't until Taehyung appears in the hallway with his hand over his mouth that Jungkook finally regains control of himself.

"Jungkook...? Are you okay? What are you doing?"

"I just...I just got a little stressed out babe. Everything's fine."

Taehyung creeps closer to him to comfort him, but something else grabs his attention before he can touch Jungkook's face. Taehyung spots the dismembered "Kissinger" letterhead, and the dots begin to connect in his head. Fearing the worst, Taehyung calmly swallows.

"Did you send the email like I told you?"

Taehyung begins to shake when Jungkook doesn't answer him for moments. Moments, simply moments that pass by like grueling days and years. He doesn't want the response to come because he knows exactly what's going on. "Look, baby..." Jungkook reaches towards Taehyung to no avail.

He breaks out into a sprint towards their room, locking the bedroom door behind him before Jungkook slams into it. "Taehyung, open the door! What are you doing?!"

"What I should've done a long time ago," Taehyung quickly opens Jungkook's laptop, navigating to his e-mail inbox. "I've ruined so many things for you. I'm not about to ruin the best thing that's ever happened to you."

"You are the best thing that's ever happened to me," Jungkook can hear typing on the other side of the door. Panicking, he bangs even harder as if it will get Taehyung to stop, as if it'll make Taehyung love him any less or make him stop caring. "What the are you doing?! Open the door!"

Taehyung quickly types up an e-mail, reciting his words as he types. "Dear Director..."

"Baby please," Jungkook slumps against the door, his body growing weak. "please don't do this to me. Don't do this to us, I can't..."

"I would kindly like to rescind my previous rejection to Kissinger University. I am honored to be granted this opportunity as a young scholar, and hope that I may deliver on the expectations of a Kissinger scholar. My warmest regards, Jeon Jungkook."

Jungkook can hear his heart thumping through his ears. The pain slicing through his chest is foreign and he can't quite put his finger on it. It isn't the pain of unrequited love like before. Not jealousy like before, not betrayal or anything of the sort. Jungkook figures it's the pain of lost love, and he confirms it when a stray tear escapes from his eye and warms his clammy skin. When Taehyung finally opens the door, his eyes are wild and desperate, almost as if they're begging for forgiveness before words have even been spoken.

"I thought I was the sensitive one..." Taehyung smiles, kissing Jungkook's tear away.

" off." Taehyung winces at his boyfriend's response, sighing. "How can you possibly be mad at me? Why would you turn something like this down?"

"You don't get it, do you?." Jungkook looks desperate to beat it in Taehyung's head, but it's no use. "Kook, I just want what's best for you. I love you.." Taehyung sees that his words are falling on deaf ears; he reaches to touch Jungkook but his hands are quickly slapped away. Jungkook grabs his suitcase and heads for the bus without another word, leaving Taehyung to pack his things alone.

Defeated, Taehyung wraps up the rest of his toiletries and shoves them impatiently into his bag. He collapses on the bed once he's finished, briefly reaching under it to retrieve the bunch of lavender resting under the bed. He smiles tenderly at the note still attached, remembering how Jungkook nearly cut his face open trying to pick these flowers for him. He couldn't have asked for a better boyfriend, and he knows there's no one better.

That's why I need to let go.

Saying it out loud hurts even more, so Taehyung decides to lock the truth away in his thoughts. He didn't think twice before sending that e-mail, not a trace of hesitation to halt his decision. He's proud of it;he would do it over and over again.

He's the one that doesn't get it.

Yes, Taehyung knows. He knows that Jungkook doesn't understand sacrificing your own happiness for the one you love, even though he's no stranger to it. That part of Jungkook is still a seven year-old little boy–the part that doesn't know how to process unconditonal kindness unless he's the one showing it. Tae will allow him to extend the silent treatment as long as he wants. He knows his love for Jungkook is more than valid, and he's eager to see Jungkook blossom into a man on the golden path set out for him. Taehyung smiles, biting back the pain in his chest. This is much bigger than him and his love for Jungkook, and he's ready to make that sacrifice if needed.

However, he doesn't think Jungkook will ever be ready.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Please make sure you have all your belongings, we're not responsible if any of your things get sold!" Hoseok files students onto the enormous tour bus, frowning when Taehyung is the last to board. "Fashionably late, huh?"

Taehyung smiles weakly, dragging his suitcase up the stairs. "Not now, Hobie."

Hoseok bites his lip and quickly exhales, deciding not to pry. He pats Taehyung on the back and boards the bus as Taehyung takes his seat next to a cold Jungkook. Taehyung doesn't know why he even bothers to make eye contact; Jungkook turns and stares out the window, absent-mindedly waving farewell to the beautiful mountainside.

Once they're on the road the hours only seem to drag by. Taehyung has eaten most of his fruit snacks simply out of irritation. Irritation from his boyfriend being a few centimeters away from his and not saying a word. Taehyung hopes he gets over this quickly, because it's already getting annoying.

Why does he have to be so ing immature?

Taehyung angrily chews on his strawberry snacks, resisting the urge to curse Jungkook out. "Hey. How long are you going to keep doing this?"

No answer. Taehyung doesn't get a budge out of him, yet he perserveres.

"You know, part of having a good relationship is communication."

No answer.

"Can't you be a little more mature about this? I'm not the bad guy here babe."

Still, no answer.

"Fine. No for a month, since you won't talk to me." Taehyung believes he sees the smallest flinch from Jungkook but it's gone just as quickly as he sees it. Finally, Jungkook opens his mouth.

"You think that'll hurt me? I don't care."

"Great. I don't care either."

"Fine." Jungkook huffs.

"Fine." Taehyung pulls the blanket over his head angrily, blushing. What an .

Jungkook silently holds his breath, hoping that Taehyung can't see how wounded he is by the last threat he spewed before taking refuge under the blankets. 

How the hell are you going to go a month without touching him Jungkook?

He's the one that asked for it Jungkook. Time to start working out that right hand.

No! Listen Jungkook, you need to make up with him right now!

that. If he really loves you Jungkook, he'll apologize for what he did!

Jung

"–Kook? Jungkook, I'm talking to you. Don't you pay attention when your elders are speaking?" Yoongi tosses a neck pillow at Jungkook as he comes back to Earth. "W-What?"

"We're back at school." 

Huh? Was I really out of it for that long?

Apparently Jungkook's brain-power has increased tenfold. He scans his surroundings; Taehyung is fast asleep on his shoulder and night has since fallen. The rest of his classmates are departing to their respective vehicles, heading home. He quickly sits up, looking down at his boyfriend with a frown.

God, he's so ing cute...

"Hey," Jungkook calls to him in the most informal manner, nudging his shoulder. "get up. We're here." He gets no response, save for soft snores and even softer sleepy moans. Jungkook blushes, trying to remain unaffected. "Wake up, I need to go home."

Jungkook wants more than anything to carry his boyfriend to his mother's car himself, but his pride would never allow him to. Instead, he moves his shoulder from underneath Taehyung's head. However, he isn't prepared for Tae's head to drop like dead weight and hit the armrest. Jungkook swallows loudly, trying not to panic when Taehyung wakes up immediately with blood streaming from his nose as he winces in pain. "Tae I...I d-didn't mean.."

The only slightly-satisfying way to respond is with a slap to Jungkook's face, which is quite gratifying for Taehyung. He dabs at the blood from his aching nose and frowns at his boyfriend, who is currently clutching his reddening face in shock. "You have to be one of the biggest s I've ever met." 

Jungkook sighs, slumping against the bus window. He can already tell the end of the school year is going to be a show.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

As Jungkook straightens his tie in the mirror, he scans his face for any signs of the handprint he received yesterday. He breathes a sigh of relief when he realizes it's faded considerably. Jungkook counts his lucky stars because he's no stranger to Taehyung's left hook; Taehyung certainly spared him with just a slap across the face. He zips up his backpack and begins his walk to school, growing nervous when he spots Taehyung across the street leaving his house to do the same.

He swallows hard, completely forgetting they walk the same route every morning.

I'll just pretend I don't see him.

The moment he opts to take a shortcut, Taehyung notices his dirty blond hair from afar and quickly approaches him. He has a bandage on his nose, presumably from Jungkook getting his nose smacked against the armrest yesterday. Jungkook seems like he's waiting to exhale, until a slightly-swollen Taehyung smiles at him. "Good morning Kookie."

Jungkook reels in his pride, not succumbing to how adorable his boyfriend is or how badly he wants to kiss the swelling away. "I'm...sorry about your nose."

"It's okay, I know you didn't mean to." Taehyung grins at him, and Jungkook winces knowing he was deliberately childish. "I'm gonna walk ahead." Jungkook awkwardly picks up speed, but Taehyung doesn't seem to take the hint. He simply walks alongside him, increasing his speed as well. Jungkook continues for five more minutes, thinking his boyfriend might give up. He simply stands there, smiling as if he never slapped the hell out of him the day before.

"Taehyung."

Taehyung digs his nails into his palms, feeling dejected. "I get it. I guess I can't force you to talk to me," He looks hurt but he recoils quickly, holding his head high. "you'll realize what I did was for love. Because I'm in love with you...I want nothing but your happiness and prosperity. So...when you're ready to talk, if you're ever ready...I'll be here."

Taehyung stops before turning his back briefly with a small smile. "And don't worry. I won't tell anyone about us, I'm sure you have a reputation to uphold."

He doesn't wait for a reply. Rather, he leaves Jungkook there with his mouth slightly agape and the penny for his thoughts in his mouth.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Despite the conclusion of the school year rapidly approaching, Tae finds that his agenda only seems to get longer and more tedious once he's finally back to school. There's planning for school events, college entrance exams, tutoring appointments, award ceremonies and more ty errands and obligations he forgot he even signed up for. It's been a week since Yang and he still feels the other fifty-percent of him dragging along, so sluggish that he's been falling asleep in class. When he feels a pencil dig in his side during Biology, he quickly jolts out of his sleep and wipes his drool before the teacher can see.

Looking to the source of his disturbance, Taehyung smiles tenderly at a taller boy with black hair. The pencil belongs to Hyun-gyu, one of Taehyung's newest senior students and the best striker on the soccer team.  Taehyung has taken a liking to calling him Hyun and he doesn't seem to mind, so long as Taehyung sharpens his Calculus skills before the entrance exams kill him. Taehyung glances at his blank notebook page and the drool stains covering it before he panics. "...I didn't take any notes..."

"Here," Hyun swaps notebooks with Taehyung shortly before the bell rings and the classroom begins to empty. "you can copy mine. I don't mind."

Taehyung smiles kindly, thanking him as he tucks the notebook into his bag. He walks side by side with Hyun to his locker, laughing at his math jokes along the way. Once Taehyung gets to his locker, he sighs against it as he remembers all of the things he needs to do today and then some. "Ugh."

"Sounds like you need a break," Hyun helps Taehyung with his load of textbooks before smiling pitifully. "we don't have to meet today. I have practice anyway, and if I skip again..." He shivers thinking about it as Taehyung scoffs.

"Jungkook will be fine. If I'm skipping you should get to relax too!" Taehyung grins up at him, yet Hyun still looks uncertain. "He may be co-captain but he's way scarier than Namjoon. The scary part is he's really nice about it. Then he lights that fire under your .." Taehyung still looks like he isn't taking him seriously, and then it clicks.

"Ah, I forgot you two are pretty close. Of course you aren't scared of him!" Hyun chuckles while Taehyung glances down the hallway at Jungkook. He's surrounded by a group of sophomore girls as per usual, and one of them is waving a clipboard in his face. Presumably for the "Jeon Jungkook Fan Society" club petition that Taehyung turned down. He rolls his eyes, grabbing him by the shoulders. "Suddenly I feel much more energized. Let's get that lesson done." Taehyung grabs the taller boy's wrist before he can protest and begins to drag him down the hallway.

However, they don't get very far.

"Park Hyungyu," The tone is aggressive yet gentle, assertive yet kind. Hyun knows exactly who he is being addressed by, and he's almost afraid to turn around. "C-Co-captain! I was just on my way to practice–"

"Were you? I see," Jungkook approaches the boys, smiling politely. "good afternoon, Taehyung."

Considering Jungkook hasn't spoken to his own boyfriend in a week, Jungkook's formal tone makes Tae nauseous.He barely wants to reply after the smug greeting. He decides to keep it casual; Taehyung would rather not speak to him at all before Jungkook's fan club tries to harrass him for dating a complete jerk. "Hey."

"Where are you heading with Hyungyu?"

"Even though it's hardly any of your business," Jungkook an eyebrow, his smile unwavering despite his irritation. "we have a tutoring session today."

"I'm afraid he'll have to cancel it. We have a game tomorrow."

"A game isn't more important than his grades, Jungkook." Taehyung scowls as Jungkook clears his throat. "Grades aren't everything. He's got a stellar soccer scholarship on his plate."

"Grades aren't everything? That's interesting coming from you."

Jungkook saves face in front of Hyun, who is awkwardly watching the passive aggressive ordeal unfold right before his eyes. "I have no idea what you're talking about." Jungkook bites his lip as soon as he lies through his teeth. He feels his blood start to boil when Taehyung begins to pull Hyun along again.

"Yeah, I'm sure you don't. We really should get going, there's a lot of material to cover. Have a nice day." Taehyung quickly disappears into the tutoring center as Jungkook scoffs, cursing under his breath.

I'm going to kill him.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"So...d over dx should leave you with a coefficient and an exponent after doing the anti-derivative above." Taehyung finishes the last problem on the worksheet, sighing as he collapses in the chair across from Hyun. Hyun pats him on the head reassuringly, packing his things away.

"You don't even need my help. That was the only problem you got wrong...all the other problems were done flawlessly. You're amazing at this!"

Hyun grins bashfully and blushes at the compliment. "Well, I have an amazing tutor. It's only been a few days and I already feel more confident. If anything you're the amazing one."

Taehyung scoots his chair closer to Hyun excitedly, holding his hands. "If you keep this up you might snatch valedictorian from me!" Taehyung sings in delight, slightly concerned when Hyun beams at his nose. "What?"

"What happened to your nose? Did someone hurt you?" Hyun points at the slight swelling that Taehyung thought was totally not noticeable.

"I um...hit my face on armrest."

Hyun stifles gentle laughter, trying to be more considerate when Taehyung pouts and covers his nose. "It's not that bad. I think it's adorable."

Taehyung's heart skips a beat, and he quickly panics. That wasn't supposed to happen for anyone other than Jungkook.He gives himself the benefit of the doubt and continues to cover his nose until he feels a warm hand on his.

"Don't cover your face. There's nothing wrong with it.." The look in Hyun's eyes is one he's never seen before, but somehow it brings him comfort. Taehyung doesn't realize they're holding hands until he spots soccer uniforms through the window. Of course, the last person he wants to see is leading the boys to the gymnasium, and cranes his neck in their direction.

Taehyung quickly disconnects from Hyun the moment Jungkook lays eyes on him. He can see Jungkook's eyes narrow into slits before he smirks and simply goes about his business. Taehyung is almost afraid of what that smirk means, and quickly rises from his chair.

"You should really get to practice before..um.." Taehyung folds his hands and looks everywhere but at Hyun.

"Right! Yeah..I'll see you tomorrow then?" Taehyung nods quickly with a smile, avoiding his eyes. "Yeah, don't forget your calculator."

Hyun takes his leave and Taehyung escapes the room before he can have any more thoughts of another man.

Remembering the shock in Jungkook's eyes, Taehyung knows this won't bode well for him.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Jungkook is pulling on a white t-shirt before he sees Hyun jogging towards him through the cotton fabric. Hyun smiles charmingly at him, but Jungkook's expression remains stoic. "What's wrong Jungkook?"

"You're late." Hyun looks confused by the reply, laughing slightly. "Is something funny?"

"No I just," Hyun clears his throat, trying again. "the guys are still in the locker room. Practice hasn't even started yet..."

"And? I still expect you to be here at a certain time. As you can tell by the clock, you're late."

Hyun sighs, defeated. He's never seen Jungkook like this before, and it's cold. "You're right. I apologize."

"Apologies don't win games. Ten pull-ups and a mile for each minute you were late." Hyun runs a hand through his hair in disbelief. "But I was only five min–"

"Fifteen pull-ups and two miles. Since you're so fond of talking back." Hyun sighs incredulously, slumping against his locker. He says nothing else out of fear that things will worsen for him. Jungkook challenges him nonetheless, the image of the two holding hands burned into his brain. "Maybe you should shorten your lessons so you can get some real work done. Stop gazing into your tutor's eyes and ."

"It's not like that at all."

"Really? Then what do you think of him?" Jungkook is practically giving himself away, as his interrogation has shifted into a new territory.

Hyun smiles all of a sudden, and Jungkook can feel his fist tightening. "He's a great teacher. Super cute, too. I'm thinking of asking him to the senior gala."

"Over my dead ing body." Jungkook hisses, thankful it wasn't loud enough to hear. Hyun continues smiling to himself, and it's clear he's thinking of Taehyung. "Do you know if Taehyung is seeing anyone right now?"

Jungkook is almost certain he wants to kill the boy right where he stands. He commends himself on his ability to control himself, because his entire body is shaking with immense anger. "Of course. He's the class president, the entire student body adores him." Jungkook pulls his good luck charm from his neck and kisses the chain before placing it in his locker.

I adore him the most..

"I see. Well, it could just be a rumor."

"Get ready for practice. Now." Jungkook spits venom before slamming the locker and storming out on the field, ready for blood.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

After the soccer practice from hell, Jungkook hauls his gym bag alongside him as he bids farewell to the rest of his team. He can see Hyun sitting on the field, exhausted from his first few rounds of torture. Jungkook can't deny he's being way too cold, and part of him wants to tell Hyun to stop doing rounds. But part of him is also horribly, disgustingly jealous. He drops his gym bag and jogs over to the field, a deep frown etched into his face.

"Hyun...that's enough. Go home and get some rest."

Hyun shakes his head in irritation, catching his breath. Jungkook is prepared to leave without another word, but Hyun quickly stops him.

"What was with you today?"

"Nothing," Jungkook lies, turning away from the boy. "I just don't want you setting a bad example for the rest of the guys."

"We're a team Kook," Hyun guzzles water desperately, exhaustion taking over him. "I would hope you'd feel like you don't have to lie to me. You've never pushed anyone the way you did today. You were angry."

"Why don't you just back off?" Jungkook's confrontational tone seems to only coax more out of Hyun as he gets closer to the truth.

"It just doesn't make any sense. The moment I mentioned Taehyung you were seeing red. What, do you like him or something?"

"What if I did?" Jungkook swallows hard, his adrenaline pumping. He wants to hurt Hyun, one of the sweetest guys on his team. He wants to hurt him so severely for even looking at his darling, his beloved, his world.

"If you did," Hyun rises from his position with a smirk, coming within inches of Jungkook's face. "I'd tell you to get in line."

Jungkook grabs him by his shirt unconciously, venom on his tongue. "You need to learn to keep your hands to yourself."

"Taehyung doesn't seem bothered by it, so why are you? He doesn't belong to you." Hyun snickers, a whole different side of him showing. "I highly doubt Taehyung would want to date a jealous brute like you."

Jungkook clenches his fists, releasing the boy with growl. He quickly grabs his gym bag and hurries home out of fear he'll do something he'll regret. As soon as he bursts out of the locker room. he can see Taehyung in the student center typing away on several different laptops.

He's still here..

He doesn't think twice before his feet are pulling him in the wrong direction. Kook knocks on the door with questioning eyes. Taehyung can see him through the glass, gym bag on his waist with his hair wet and wild. He sighs and unlocks the door, looking up into his boyfriend's eyes.

"Yes?"

Jungkook didn't come prepared with anything to say. Rather, he's breathing hard as Taehyung stares at him confusion. Jungkook is peering into those brown eyes he loves so much, hoping they will inspire him to say something. Instead, he takes Taehyung by the chin and kisses him. The kiss is short-lived however, because Taehyung coaxes him back with a hand on his chest.

"What are you doing Jungkook?"

Jungkook seems puzzled, a small laugh rumbling out of him. "Kissing my boyfiend?"

"Oh? I'm your boyfriend now?" Taehyung rolls his eyes and turns to return to his work. Jungkook grabs his wrist in desperation, his grip unwavering. "Stop it. You know exactly how I feel about you."

"I don't. I know that you're jealous. Jealous of some kid who's just trying to do his homework. So you came here to pretend to be a man and claim what's yours. You haven't spoken to me in a week!"

"I know...but you have to hear me out. He's not trying to do any homework. He wants to do you."

"I thought you were here to talk about something that actually matters, like our relationship. Get out, I have work to do."

"Can I help?"

"No."

"Please?"

"Jungkook, if you're not going to be a man and talk this out with me, leave." Jungkook looks conflicted. He isn't sure if he's ready to tackle such a difficult conversation yet, so he eases off the subject.

"Alright. I'll buy you dinner and drop it off at the house before you get home, okay?" Taehyung nods with a small hum, used to Jungkook's nurturing behavior.

"Hey Tae?"

"Yes?" Taehyung calls over his shoulder impatiently, wanting nothing more to get to his work.

"I love you so much."

Start acting like it...just talk to me.

Taehyung doesn't voice his thoughts. Instead he hums back indifferently as Jungkook blinks at him. "I love you too Kook. Don't wait up for me at dinner;get home before it gets dark."

Jungkook backs out of the room and closes the door softly, taking care not to disturb Taehyung's focus. Before he leaves, he takes a moment to admire everything about his boyfriend. His back muscles stand out when he's hunched over at his desk, and the way his hypnotizing eyes narrow when he concentrates. Jungkook traces the veins in his hands that protrude against his tanned skin and his shaggy brown hair falling in soft waves on his head. Jungkook studies his lips, puckered and red and perfect for kissing, and his strong arms that flex when he leans back in the office chair with a phone to his ear. Jungkook smiles through the glass, his lips swooping into a lovesick grin. He sighs and gazes at this boy, feeling like he's seven years-old again. He's so in love with this boy it almost physically pains him.

Taehyung...I won't take you for granted again. I promise.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

When Jungkook wakes up, he expects to jump in the shower and get ready for class. He glances out his window, puzzled when his eyes meet the pitch black night and the luminous moon. He checks his watch and it's only midnight, further confusing himself.

I never wake up at this time. Something's off..

It finally hits him.

Jungkook quickly peers out his window across the street. Taehyung's lights are off and his curtains are open.

He wastes no time pulling on his sneakers and donning a hoodie in the middle of a warm Spring night. Jungkook bolts for the front door, completely ignoring his brother's interrogation as he lounges on the couch. "Hey! Where are you going at this hour, punk?"

"I have to go check on Tae. I'll be back."

Before he can utter another smug comment, Jungkook is out the door and sprinting down the hill towards Pyeongsaeng Academy. He has no doubt in his mind that Taehyung is still there, working himself to the bone and depriving himself of sleep as he always does. It pains him to think that his treasure worked himself to fatigue, or hunger, or a horrible mix of both. 

He finally reaches the school, scaling the building for the one door that's always left unlocked. When he reaches the student center he confirms his reservations, as it's the only light shining through the empty hallways. There lays Taehyung fast asleep on a desk, his work long abandoned and unfinished. Jungkook feels a piercing pain in his heart as he quietly enters the room and begins packing Taehyung's things away in his bag. When he's finally ready to retrieve Taehyung, he realizes someone else got here first.

"Please don't skip any meals...take it easy and get some rest tonight.– Hyun"

An empty sandwich wrapper, untouched radish and a half-full water bottle lay next to the note with a heart on it. Jungkook grits his teeth, almost biting flesh from his cheek.

That ing bastard.

"Baby? Wake up," Jungkook shakes him slightly but gets no response. He tries again, speaking softly to Taehyung. "we have to go home. You're way too tired to get this done tonight."

Again, he gets no answer. Jungkook sighs like he expected this, looping Taehyung's bag onto his shoulder. He lifts Taehyung in his arms and pulls the door closed with a leg, smiling down at his sleeping boyfriend. "You always do this. It's okay to take it easy every now and then.." Jungkook knows he isn't going to get any responses, but holding Taehyung like this is an oddly relaxing experience, especially with the cool breeze blessing his cheeks.

"Whenever the weather gets like this, I remember the day I fell in love with you. You told me all about how our beetles were in love because they were always together. I figured we were meant to be too, since we were always together." Jungkook chuckles, looking down at Taehyung's sleeping face.

"It sounds ridiculous when I say it out loud, but the logic still makes sense to me..like it did when I was seven. I think we go together, just like our beetles. We're just perfect for each other, you know? You're the perfect little spoon, you laugh at all my jokes and you hate tomatoes just like me."

"I love tomatoes.." Taehyung whispers, startling Jungkook. Taehyung smiles at him sweetly, still enjoying being cradled in his arms. "That's about the most you've said to me in a week."

Jungkook turns sour, feeling guilt eating him up. "Baby I know we have a lot to talk about, I'm just afraid that..." He trails off when he hears Taehyung snoring again, smiling and kissing his nose. He'll save the conversation for another day. He makes quick work of his house-keys in the door and leaves Taehyung in his hoodie before he drifts off to sleep himself, gazing into Taehyung's drowsy smile.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung is barely able to get out of Jungkook's bed in the morning; he's tested his theory of whether or not a human can survive on two hours of sleep, and it's beginning to seem unlikely. Taehyung briefly falls asleep against his locker, and when he opens his eyes he's almost certain he's beginning to hallucinate. Either that, or he really sees Kihyun walking by his locker with a congealed look in his dormant eyes. It terrifies Taehyung; he waves his hand weekly but gets a cold reception in return. He continues walking as if Taehyung isn't even there, and it sends chills down his spine.

So he's still angry...great.

His misery doesn't last very long, as Taehyung hears familiar whistling coming down the hallway. Of course it's Hyun, wielding a bouquet of flowers and a smile. Taehyung's heart sinks into his stomach because he knows exactly who's watching when he feels goosebumps standing all over his skin. He silently prays those flowers aren't for him.

"Good morning, dear class-president." Hyun smiles before presenting the flowers to Taehyung. "These are for you."

"R-Really?That's sweet but...what's the occasion?" Taehyung smiles warmly; he can't deny it's a very kind gesture, but he's afraid of what's coming next. Hyun rests his hand above Taehyung's head on his locker, using his height to his advantage. "There has to be an occasion? Am I allowed to just think you're adorable?"

Taehyung blushes, panicking when Hyun begins to look a little too deep into his eyes. "W-Well no...but this is really sudden, you know?"

Hyun grins handsomely at him, leaning down slightly to come closer. At that exact moment he can see Jungkook's locker–and him standing at it–looking bloodthirsty and borderline demonic. He can read Jungkook's lips from a mile away, and it looks a lot like he's saying "I'm going to him up."

"I suppose I should cut to the chase then. I think you're really smart, really cute and just a great person overall," Hyun gently takes Taehyung's hand to finish the rest of his request, and it's almost as if Taehyung can hear Jungkook's teeth gritting, his hard breathing, and his quickened footsteps coming towards him. Taehyung can see Hoseok and Yoongi at their lockers, completely mortified as they try to snatch Jungkook the moment Taehyung is touched by a man that isn't him. Taehyung quickly tries to save his student, but he's already hypnotized by Taehyung, so much so that he doesn't realize there's a beast coming towards him.

"I was hoping that you'd go to the senior gala with–"

In seconds a foreign hand is wrapped around Hyun's wrist, wrenching his hand off of Taehyung's. "Excuse me, I need to speak to Taehyung. In private."

"Ah, really? We're kind of in the middle of something. Could you come back later?"

"No. I'm sure Taehyung's boyfriend wouldn't like that." Jungkook's expression is completely emotionless. Hyun his lips, scoffing. "You really want to do this now Jungkook? Taehyung didn't tell me he had a boyfriend."

"It was none of your business in the first place. I told you to keep your hands to yourself. That includes knowing your place, and right now he and I need to talk. Alone."

"I also recall him not belonging to you. Taehyung can make his own decisions. Right, Taehyung?" Hyun looks down at Taehyung, as does Jungkook with an angry scowl.

"W-Well I...yes, but you two shouldn't fight. Jungkook, if you could give us a moment–"

"Us? No." Jungkook's replies are short and he won't budge. He just stares into Hyun's eyes, thinking of all the ways he can murder him. Taehyung is sure that a lot of people would enjoy two tall, good-looking young men fighting over them. Instead, he would very much like it if there was less testosterone where he's standing, because the two males standing on either side of him have attracted too much attention and they're seconds from killing each other.

"It looks like Taehyung doesn't want to go with you." Hyun smiles politely despite the animosity in his tone. Jungkook grows more and more irritated as Taehyung tries to diffuse the situation, but his soft words are completely ineffective. "Taehyung has a ing mouth. Don't put words in it." Jungkook glares at Taehyung, who finally chimes in. He grabs both of their sleeves, speaking gently and hoping that at least one of them is listening.

"Hyun, I'm going to talk to Jung–"

"He'll text you later." Jungkook drags Tae away, leaving Hyun beyond bewildered. Before he knows it Tae is in a storage closet and the door is locked.

"What the hell is your problem?! He was just being nice!"

"If that's 'just being nice', he's not allowed to be nice to you."

"What's with you? I don't bat an eye when all your little fans follow you in between classes."

"Because you know I don't have eyes for anyone else but you," Jungkook is still frowning with his hands in his pockets, staring at the wall. "you on the other hand–you're incredibly y, smart, nice–popular to boot. Everyone has eyes on you, and it pisses me off."

Taehyung blushes at his praise, crossing his arms. "Well? What do you need to tell me? Lunch is about to start."

"I'm not leaving this time," Jungkook discards his pride, stepping closer to Taehyung. "I'm ready to talk. Let's talk about everything that's bothering me, and you baby. I'm willing to talk if you're willing to listen, and I'm listening to every word you say."

"You only listen when you feel threatened. Threatened by your own teammate no less, who supports everything you do."

"He likes you, Tae. How can I not feel threatened? I want to rip his ing throat out," Jungkook pinches his bridge in frustration, avoiding eye contact. "he stands too close to you, he touches you, he makes you laugh and smile, he gave you flowers...it kills me."

 "He's simply fulfilling the boyfriend duties you've been slacking on. You ignored me for a week." Taehyung shrugs indifferently, stinging Jungkook.

"That's my job. I'm not going to sit by and let any man kiss you, or touch you, or–"

"Love me? Like you haven't been doing?"

Jungkook swallows slowly, succumbing to his boyfriend. 'Yes. Like i've been doing a ty job at doing, because I'm a coward that's afraid of losing you."

"You turned down Kissinger...for me. Jungkook...that's love. But it's also selfish," Taehyung seems to have softened upon seeing the sadness in Jungkook's eyes. "I'm your number one fan. I wouldn't let you put your life on hold just so we can be together."

"It's not just so we can be together...it's more than that. Baby...I don't know how to be without you. It s me up thinking of a future without you by my side. You're the reason I can get through the day, the reason I wake up in the morning. I told you to be strong but it's destroying me. It's ing me up beyond comprehension and I can't pretend to be okay anymore." Jungkook takes Taehyung into his arms, squeezing him with all of his strength. As if he would evaporate at any moment, as if this is their last time together.  

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry for treating you like and neglecting you. It just felt like we were already over. Once you sent that email, you broke up with me at that exact moment. I thought you were giving up on us...I didn't know how to function, I was so angry and confused." Jungkook is shaking with raw emotion as Taehyung stares back at him with sad eyes.

"Jungkook I...I would never give up on us. I fought so hard for you," Taehyung braces himself for what he's about to say, fearing it'll be misconstrued. "I'm sorry but..I'm not sorry. I'm not sorry for what I did and I'd do it again. You deserve everything after what I put you through. I was the reason you lost your scholarship so when another opportunity came knocking...I just couldn't. I'm sorry for breaking your heart, but I have to do what's right." Taehyung runs his hands through Jungkook's hair as he buries his face in Taehyung's neck in an effort to soothe him, because God knows he needs it.

"I'll send you letters. We can do video calls every night if you want," Taehyung Jungkook's face as he looks up at him with the smallest shimmer of hope in his brown eyes. "We can fall asleep on the phone together, and see each other on holiday breaks. Relationships are about working through things Kook. It's about compromise."

"Then I want to work on us, Tae. I don't ever want to lose you, not to a man, not to distance, nothing. You're mine, I waited so long for you...I can't stop wanting you. You're my treasure, baby. I'll do whatever it takes to keep us together, I promise. Just promise me that when I leave...this won't change us."

"I promise Kook. You're my first love, there's no way I can–" Taehyung is cut off when Jungkook desperately crashes their lips together. He instantly feels Jungkook's tongue invading his mouth; Taehyung slaps him on the shoulder when he feels Jungkook's hands ing his uniform.

"Kook we're at school!"

"The door is locked. I'll be quick, I promise..." Taehyung shoves him again, kissing him lovingly afterwards. "After lunch. I'm starving."

Jungkook grins devilishly, following his boyfriend to the outdoor eating area. They sit under the cherry blossom tree adorning the courtyard, enjoying the scenery together. Jungkook wields his apple while Taehyung occasionally feeds him dumplings from his lunch. 

Everything seems normal, until one of Jungkook's crunches sound a bit strange. The crunches stop suddenly, and Taehyung looks over at Jungkook with a smile.

"What's wrong? Not hungry?" Taehyung's smile quickly distorts into an expression of pure horror when he sees blood pouring from Jungkook's mouth.

Jungkook's shivering hand reaches into his mouth, and pulls out a foreign object as he shakes violently.

Taehyung has no time to process what it is–he quickly rubs his glasses, pushing on the spectacles to get a closer look.

A double-edged razor blade sits atop the lunch table, covered in crimson.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Another update for you guys! I hope I'm getting these out in a timely manner~ and I really hope you all are enjoying the story as well! I am reading all of your beautiful lovely comments, I promise. I have just been working hard on the story and I haven't had time to respond (or edit for mistakes haha) , but I love you all so much. I'll see you in the next one! xoxo