8th Incisor

Toothless

"So Jungkook...how are you?" 

"I'm fine...I guess?"

"You're usually much more talkative," Jungkook's therapist leans back in the chair, as if she's giving him time to breathe. "your leg bounces when you're aggravated. There's nothing you want to talk about?"

Jungkook's leg continues the incessant bouncing and he sighs, looking up at the woman. "It's nothing."

She looks defeated, folding her hands. "Well then, I guess we can cut our session--"

"I just think it's funny how," Jungkook starts and she swallows her previous decision, sitting back in her chair. "Yes?"

"Taehyung has a secret admirer and I know who it is. But he doesn't, and the guy is literally right under his nose and he can't even see it and it's bothering me--"

"Oh? So you've reconciled with Taehyung then?"

"Not exactly.." Jungkook has an odd look on his face that's difficult to comprehend; he looks as if he's trying to recall something, and when the thought finally comes to him his entire body relaxes comfortably. "It's difficult to explain. I just...can't stop thinking about him."

"You do push him away a lot, yet you seem so interested in his life. Do you think its guilt?"

"I don't know what it is...but I feel stupid. I push him away and he actually listens, then I get upset when he listens. He's living his own life now; he doesn't speak to me...at all."

"But you told me that was what you wanted--"

"No." Jungkook's reply is sharp enough to slice the tension in the air. He weighs his face in his hands while he hunches over, conflicted. "I didn't want him to pretend I don't exist. I didn't want him to shut me out completely..."

"Jungkook...I've asked you this many times before, so you should be used to it. What do you want? It sounds like this hatred you've channeled towards Taehyung has eaten at you until you were so desperate to hang onto it, it's breaking your sanity," Jungkook folds his arms over his chest and sighs. "you told me you hated him. Is that really true? This is a safe space. Be honest with yourself and think about it, just for a moment."

Jungkook doesn't need that many "moments" to make his decision. Rather, he answers her question internally within seconds. He isn't capable of hating anyone because there isn't a hateful bone in his body--the subject of his animosity has shifted to a certain brown-haired artist-- but Jungkook has yet to explain himself and wonders if he ever will. Thinking back to everything that Taehyung did and revisiting the memories, Jungkook still gets upset all over again. But then he softens when he remembers Taehyung voluntarily resigning, and accepting his punishment wholeheartedly.

"Because...I love you..."

He said those words to me. Even while I was seething and seeing red.

He said that to me...and he meant it. Every fiber of his being was pouring out love..for me?

How can I not forgive him?

What am I doing?

Suddenly Jungkook feels light and airy. His heart isn't as heavy as it was before and he's no longer over encumbered. "I don't hate Taehyung...I couldn't hate him even if I tried. Believe me I have." Jungkook sits up straight in his chair, looking forward with concentration. "It was all anger. There was so much anger locked up inside. My dad, my future, and then him...I couldn't take the stress. It all boiled over and I became a different guy...and I forgot how to smile genuinely."

"Jungkook, you have to smile! The tooth fairy doesn't come if you never smile!"

Jungkook remembers. Taehyung taught him how to smile when there was never a reason to. When he was forced to be a slave to his father's wishes, when he used his pillows to muffle out the arguments at night. He remembers that precious little boy with the gummy smile who saw him crying and asked to play with him. He remembers holding his hand every single day and melting into it. He remembers how his eyes always shined so beautifully, those big moons that expressed everything and wrote his heart out on the pages of Jungkook's songbook. Jungkook realizes he can't help himself--this war within his mind has ended in defeat and he must surrender to the truth--because everyday he goes to work he sees Yoona's big brother in her eyes, smiling back at him with so much love.

"Now that I've forgiven my dad and Taehyung, everything feels...right. I feel like me again. But.."

"But?" She tilts her head in interest, listening attentively.

"I'm...starting to worry about Taehyung more than I do myself. I always wonder if he's eating well, who he's talking to, where he is and if he's safe, I...I know he pretends I'm not there, but for me he's everywhere. I'm such an idiot..all those things I said to him weren't true at all. But now...now I--"

"Miss him?"

"Like crazy," Jungkook blurts it out before he has a chance to think and even he is astonished at his bluntness.

But when he feels that familiar thumping in his chest after he says it, his eyes widen in shock.

It's the same thumping from years ago, when Jungkook was writing songs about Taehyung and losing sleep over him.

He remembers it vividly, because the blooming in his chest was the exact same when he met his first love: Kim Taehyung.

"Kookie, we could be lavender.."

Tae...can we still be lavender? I wonder...

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Just slightly below the shoulders...and hold that pose...right there." Wonho tilts Taehyung's chin towards him and studies his features, making sure the light strikes Taehyung's jawbone just right. He admires how spacious Wonho's studio is, and though it's already been a month since they met it seems his heart lives here.

Here, in this messy room with pieces of charcoal scattered across the floor and canvas paper laying about. In this messy room, with clay smeared on the walls and paint cans filled with rainwater and dirty brushes wet with Wonho's passions, Taehyung sees Wonho in his most concentrated state. Completely undiluted, he's always immersed in a new project and doesn't remove his attention until every detail has touched perfection.Taehyung can't help but be in awe as he rakes his eyes over his models of the past, their potraits lining his walls. He feels a tad mediocre beholding so many beautiful women, only to be the last model that threw off the streak.

"Is something wrong? You're breaking focus again." Wonho looks at him with concern sitting between his brows, clutching the paintbrush between his lips.

Taehyung wants to be honest, but he knows the will show once he opens his mouth and something childish comes out. "It's nothing! Everything's great!!"

"You're lying," Wonho takes the brush from his lips, twirling it between his fingers. "Your eye twitches when you lie. Which is adorable, but that's beside the point." Wonho's slight smile turns Taehyung to putty and he folds way too quickly, sighing. "I just feel like I'm not right for this?"

"What's this?"

"You know...this."

"That?"

"No, this."

"So that."

"Wonho!"

Wonho chuckles, that deep baritone sound that Tae swoons over every single time. "Taehyung, whatever crazy notion you've got in your head about being less than or not good enough, stop. The women on my walls were paid models to be shown at an art expo."

"How did you know?"

"Your body language says everything. For one, you're shivering. When I move you into a pose you twitch right out of it, and you're all red. Don't be so nervous...it's just me." Wonho's bright smile seeps into Taehyung's every pore and it makes him sick in the sweetest way.

"Exactly, it's you..." Taehyung whispers under his breath inaudibly, but Wonho catches every delicious word. Suddenly he's dangerously close, playing with stray locks of Taehyung's hair. "Is there something wrong with it being me?"

"N-No..I just--it's just--"

"Good. I don't think I could stand it if someone else captured how ethereal you are before I did."

Taehyung huffs; his heart is racing and Wonho knows exactly what he's doing. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?!"

"Every second," Wonho laughs softly and carresses Taehyung's face before placing a chaste kiss to his cheek. "I'm sorry Taehyung. It's just..when I have you to myself I try to take advantage as much as I can. Before I have to return you to the rest of the world."

Taehyung is avoiding eye contact at all costs, toying with the yarn in his sweater. "You know...you don't have to..."

Wonho looks like a deer in headlights all of a sudden, abandoning his brush in the paint can. "Are you insinuating what I think you're...?"

"I mean you don't have to! If you don't want to that is--I figured you wanted to--I'm such an idiot.."

"No!" Wonho grabs Taehyung by the shoulders, effectively startling the boy. "You're saying you wanna date, right?"

Taehyung stutters out a weak "yes" before Wonho frames his face and indulges in his lips, pulling him closer before moving the stray hairs from his face. Taehyung has once again proven he's quite the baby when a thick line of blood trickles from his nose.

"What kind of man would I be to deny such a request, Taehyung?"

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Jungkook walks to school that morning with his earphones in, and his hands in his pockets, the loud music drowning out all the whispers around him. He scans his student ID and maneuvers through the hallway of high-schoolers to his locker, where a group of freshman are standing and whispering. The whispers all die as soon as Jungkook towers over them, smiling in confusion. "Good morning ladies...is there something wrong?"

"We're so sorry," one slaps the friend that suddenly speaks up, telling her to shut up. This further confuses Jungkook and he alternates his attention from one to the other while they bicker amongst themselves. "about Jeni. I know it must be tough not having her around anymore, but we're all here for you if you need to talk--"

"What are you talking about?" Jungkook has never been so puzzled and they gasp dramatically as he shrugs.

"You don't know? She got expelled this morning,"

Jungkook's eyes widen in shock. "Why?" they have no answers for him and look just as baffled. If it wasn't for Yoongi walking by with his headphones on maximum volume, he would've gotten off scot-free. Jungkook instantly begins following him and breathing down his neck for answers, to which the older boy begins cursing and swatting him away. "I don't know anything about your crazy girlfriend! I just got here."

"She's not my girlfriend!"

"Welp. Someone snitched on your girlfriend-not-really-your-girl for blackmail."

Jungkook recoils, dumbfounded.

. But I didn't even tell anyone...not even Namjoon.

"That's all I know. So don't start asking and making my head hurt." Yoongi rolls his eyes and strolls to his locker with Jungkook on his heels like a child. He sees Yoongi suddenly veer off into a random direction to sneak up behind his boyfriend for a greasy good morning, and where there is Jimin there's sure to be a happy Taehyung and a chatty Hoseok nearby. Already caught in an awkward situation, it's too late to act like Jungkook doesn't see them. He politely nods with a "morning guys" and Jungkook is trying particularly hard not to look at Taehyung who is kindly smiling back at him, because he's sporting another wool scarf, which means that his mark still hasn't faded. The passionate memory is burned into Jungkook's brain, and it tries to swallow it down before his body begins to respond to the seductive images from that night. He desperately doesn't want another car wash .

Hoseok, the ever-so-vigilant has a habit of wrangling the elephant in the room. "Sorry about J--" Hoseok coughs when Tae subtly steps on his foot, quickly getting the message. Jimin also has habit of having a bubble for a head, which everything flies over. "Sorry for who? Oh, are we talking about J--" Yoongi shoves his tongue down Jimin's throat all of a sudden, suffocating the boy before something stupid comes out. Taehyung looks stressed and Jungkook just stares at the floor while the weird aura surrounds the group of boys. As if things couldn't get any worse, Namjoon shows up with a giant grin on his face.

"Morning guys! I bought Yakuroto."  He hands out the bottle to each person with a smile full of dimples. His eyebrows knit into a worried expression when he gets to Jungkook, who blinks back at him oddly. "For what it's worth Kook, I'm sorry. I know she made you so happy. Maybe you guys can still see each other outside of school?"

Taehyung coughs and loudly clears his throat, a universal signal to stop talking. Namjoon doesn't get it in the slightest and continues babbling while Taehyung keeps coughing, getting more and more dramatic each time. Hoseok is getting tired of mouthing "shut up" and Tae finally gives up.

"Long distance relationships work too, you know? It's about the heart that you put into--"

"Namjoon!! I feel really sick, could you take me to the nurse's office?" Tae smiles with a glint in his eyes and doesn't wait for an answer. He grabs Namjoon by his tie and drags him around the corner, starting the conversation by slapping the yogurt out of Namjoon's hand and down the hallway. "Well, I never. That was rude."

"Stop being an idiot!" Taehyung whisper-yells, lowering his tone when a few students passing by begin to stare. Namjoon stares at him innocently and Tae sighs.

"Jeni was harassing him. I heard them arguing one day in the stairwell and...she was forcing him to be with her. Threatening him, doing horrible things to him...so I...so I told."

"You snitched?!" Namjoon yells and Taehyung almost jumps in his lap, shushing him and clasping a hand over his mouth. "Sorry, sorry...I had no idea. Why did you do it?"

"Why wouldn't I? I couldn't just stand by while she terrorized him. I care about Jungkook a lot." Namjoon nods in agreement, he would do the same. "You can't tell anyone. Especially not him."

"My lips are sealed, I promise." Namjoon wraps a pink around Taehyung's, sealing the deal. "You didn't have to throw my yogurt though."

Taehyung pouts before nudging him as they walk back. "I'll buy you a new box once the store opens back up. One more week." Namjoon chuckles before turning the corner, surprised. "Oh, isn't that your new friend? What's his name again?"

"Kihyun!" Taehyung walks up excitedly as Kihyun wraps his arms around him. Jungkook scoffs and rolls his eyes as they converse like he's not even there, and he can slowly feel himself getting queasy as Kihyun hangs all over Taehyung. Everyone is smiling and giggling but him, and he's silently hoping Namjoon can hurry up and get his books so they can head to class.

"So," Kihyun wiggles his shoulders, his voice descending. "How are things with you and Hoho? Just wondering."

"Hoho?" Jimin an eyebrow, intrigued. "Is there something you haven't been telling us?" Jungkook silently yanks his earbuds out, not being able to filter out the loud conversation even with his music on the loudest setting. "Wonho," Kihyun excitedly pipes up as Taehyung turns pink, sticking his head in his locker. "My older brother. They're dating now."

All of a sudden Jungkook's hearing is blocked when it hits him. When it collides into him and destroys everything in its path. When it pushes out the vein in his neck and he's unconsciously chewed his cheek until the blood sits on his tongue. His breathing intensifies and he knows this feeling--he wants to hit something. Hard.

"We only made it official yesterday! I didn't have time," Taehyung is swooning just thinking about it, sighing against his locker as Hoseok crinkles his nose. "he gives me butterflies every time."

"Namjoon, are you ready?" Jungkook throws his phone to the floor nonchalantly and yanks Namjoon's locker open, gathering his books. "You've been 'getting your books' for a ing hour now. Come on."

"What's your problem Kook? Class doesn't start for another ten--"

He slams the locker so hard it sends vibrations through the next ones over, and when he faces Namjoon he's shocked at the small traces blood in his mouth. "K-Kook, your mouth..."

"Are you coming or not?!" Jungkook doesn't wait for an answer before storming off with bees raging underneath his skin. He leaves them all standing there utterly confused, with Namjoon being the most worried.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Thank you for coming out with me tonight." Wonho gazes into Taehyung's eyes in one of the most inaccessible restaurants in Seoul. He wishes he'd at least styled his hair or worn his glasses to match the occasion, but that's down the toilet. Wonho pours him a glass of red wine and raises his own, his lips. "A toast,"

Taehyung's movements are robotic as he mirrors Wonho; he's never done this before and it shows. "To our first date! And your perfection." Taehyung laughs it off before clinking his glass with Wonho's. "Dork."

"Ah, our guest is here!" Wonho gets up and Taehyung's eyes are darting every which way in complete confusion.

What??

Wasn't dinner supposed to be just the two of us?

Before Tae can even swallow his win, a tall slender man approaches the table and shakes hands with Wonho. He looks just as important, significant and all of the above. His net worth probably exceeds Taehyung's tuition for undergraduate and grad school combined, and he feels like a peasant in comparison to the two handsome men towering above him. He quickly stands up when he realizes he hasn't introduced himself, but Wonho saves him the trouble.

"This is Taemin. He's an abstract painter working in Busan. Taemin, this is my boyfriend Taehyung."

The word "boyfriend" sends electric shocks of joy down Taehyung's spine and he shivers as he shakes hands with Taemin. "He's just as gorgeous as you described. Truly a sight to behold! Come, let's sit."

Taehyung sits quickly, intending to attack his filet mignon with a vicious appetite. Wonho cuts his intention short, taking the fork from his hand and suddenly whispering to him. "Honey, what are you doing?"

Taehyung has a quizzical look on his face. "Eating...I think? Well, I was about to."

"With your left hand? That isn't proper meal etiquette, love."

"But...I'm left-handed..." Wonho doesn't reply, he simply smiles weirdly at Taehyung before gently placing the fork in his right hand and kissing his lips. Taehyung is slightly embarrassed, feeling so inadequate for not knowing this was a rule of the table. Sure, he knew 'elbows on the table' but not this one. He struggles through dinner trying to use his right hand, but tries not to make it too noticeable.

"So Taehyung," Taemin folds his hands over the napkin in his lap as he starts his meal, looking at Taehyung with kind eyes. "tell me more about yourself. What kind of work do you do? Surrealism? Minimalism?"

"Oh I'm quite the minimalist. I only shop at the thrift store! Sometimes I leave the tags on my clothes if I'm doing something boring that night, and then return them the next day. It's genius!" Taehyung grins happily to himself and Taemin looks mortified. "I see...Wonho you've got a special one there."

"Yes, he reminds me of how special he is. Every single day..." Wonho frowns as Taehyung happily munches on his food, breezing through dinner like he's on a yacht.

Wonho takes a mental note: maybe Taehyung should be the blonde instead.

"Goodness, what happened to your neck?" Taemin points to Taehyung's love mark, which (unbeknownst to him) was not left by Wonho. It comes as a surprise to him too, as he looks down at Taehyung and talks with his eyes. "What is he talking about?" is coming from Wonho's expression as Taehyung wraps a hand around his neck, horrified.

I need to lie. I need to lie quickly!

"I was bit by a spider a couple days ago hiking with my friends. I got a nasty allergic reaction, though I was hoping you wouldn't see it!" Taehyung laughs nervously, finally breathing when Taemin takes the bait. When Taehyung looks down to take a bite of his food, Taemin's expression becomes rigid as he mouths something to Wonho.

"That won't do."

Wonho silently nods, kissing Taehyung's cheek. "I know."

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"Hey, that's your last one for tonight okay?" Namjoon kicks a beer can off the roof and slumps down beside Jungkook and Yoongi, looking up at the stars. Sometimes when taking a load off was essential, they sat on Joon's roof for a couple of beers and talked for as long as his mother would stay asleep. Once the lights they'd split three ways like a banana and Joon would somehow make it to his bed, fake-sleeping his life away.

"Sure, dad. It's Friday! I wanna let loose." Jungkook scoffs as he gulps down a fourth of the can and Yoongi snickers at his remark,  crushing his own empty can under his sneakers.

"What was up with you this morning? You were about to kick my ."

"Nothing. I just had a lot on my mind."

Yoongi calls bull, making a loud fart noise on the side. "You're terrible at lying. Your fangs came out the minute Taehyung's boyfriend came up."

"Because his boyfriend is an out-of-line and the sooner he sees it the better," Jungkook leans back on his hands, enjoying the relaxing breeze combing through his hair. "You've met him?"

"Unfortunately."

"Well Taehyung seems really happy with such an ." Yoongi's big mouth just keeps going and Jungkook feels his skin beginning to ignite with anger again. He gulps his beer once more, attempting to soothe the burn. "Great for him. I don't care."

"Come on, Kook. Tell the truth. You were jealous, you did used to like him after all." Jungkook laughs sarcastically, before trying to focus on his favorite star in the sky.

"Isn't 'used to' the key phrase? Taehyung can do whatever he wants."

"Whomever he wants, too~" Yoongi pokes fun at Jungkook, not expecting him to chug his beer and crush the beer in his palm, bruising it. "Oh yeah. You're definitely jealous."

Jungkook has had enough, kicking up his legs. "Since you guys won't off, I'll just go home."

"What's the harm in admitting you have a crush? I've liked Jin for ages now!"

Jungkook pauses, rewinding with Yoongi in unison. "Since when?"

"That's not the point. The point is Jungkook likes Tae, and he's being an idiot. You know, you can thank Taehyung for getting rid of your little fan girl." Namjoon cracks open another beer, already effectively tipsy and spilling the beans relentlessly. "What? What fan girl?"

"Jeni! He's the one that got her expelled!" Jungkook's jaw drops, and he's suddenly ten times more interested in the conversation than he was before.

"R-Really...? How? You better not be drunk.."

"He told me he heard you guys arguing one day. I can't make this up," Namjoon takes another swig before standing up abruptly and mimicking Taehyung. 'She was terrorizing him, I couldn't just stand by. I care about Jungkook a lot, wouldn't you help too~?' He said it just like that, so much sincerity!"

"He did that? For me?" Joon nods enthusiastically and Jungkook feels it again. That damn tingling in his chest, and his annoying heart problems. Everything feels warm and comfortable in an instant, and he envisions Taehyung's smiling eyes. Those little presents wrapped up with gorgeous red ribbon that he can't stop thinking about. The sensation in his chest grows stronger and stronger, until he's filing through his Taehyung file cabinet again.

"What's he cheesing at? Earth to Jungfoot." Yoongi waves a hand in front of the dazed boy, and Namjoon snaps his fingers as if he knows that expression anywhere. It's confirmed when Jungkook leans forward and places his chin in his palm, eyes hooded and gazing at the stars while he sighs in adoration.

Even after me trying to scare you away...

You're still sneaking around to make sure I'm okay.

You're just..you're so..

If you don't stop being you, what am I supposed to do?

"Taehyung..." Jungkook groans his name in an infatuated fashion, the sloppy smile never leaving his face. Yoongi looks flabbergasted, staring at Joon. "Oh , what did you do to him?"

"He just needed a good kick in the . He's back to normal now; he's just got a crush on Tae."

When the clock strikes midnight, Jungkook notices that the arrow lodged in his heart is there to stay. So he drinks the night away, sinking deeper and deeper in the truth tea brewed so kindly by Namjoon.

Strangely, he's okay with it.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Taehyung steps out of Wonho's car (after being told to wait for him to open the door) and is immediately enveloped in Wonho's arms, pecking him on the lips. "I'm sorry for surprising you like that. He was catching a flight to Amsterdam early in the morning and he wanted to meet beforehand. Next time, it's just us. Promise."

"It's cool. He was really nice."

"Excuse me? Who's the boyfriend here?" Wonho teases before embracing Taehyung one last time and reluctantly backing away to his car. "I'll call you before you fall asleep."

"I'll be waiting." Tae turns on his heel, looking over his shoulder to find Wonho admiring his . He sways his hips much more when he takes a few more steps, earning exaggerated whistles from Wonho. "Good night, you dog."

Taehyung steps into the house giggling up the stairs, fishing for his cell phone when it goes off twice in a row.

hoseok-my-faceu: Just got the invoice from the Yang Hot Springs!! We made our goal! Senior trip is gonna be crazy :)

hoseok-my-faceu: We leave on Monday, so start packing!!!

Taehyung is overjoyed at the news, running to his room and digging for his suitcase. He darts around his room, fishing for swimming trunks, bb creams and fourteen different outfits, sitting on his suitcase to force the zipper around. He begins to zone out as he struggles with the zipper, flashing back to his date with Wonho.

He was acting so weird tonight...

He's never like that. Wonho doesn't give a damn about what hand I eat with.

So why was he so adamant about it? Ugh...

His thoughts are interrupted when the zipper finally flies forward and he almost hits his head on the bed. He quickly takes a breath, determining he's too tired to do anything but almost get himself killed in his own room. He sets his alarm and falls asleep within seconds of laying down, too exhausted to wait for Wonho.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

"HEY! IT'S MONDAY!" Jimin grimaces, rolling his suitcase along and snuggling into Yoongi shoulder to shield himself from the noise. "Hobie, why do you only yell when it's super early...? Ouch.." He rubs the sleep out of his eyes while Yoongi soothes him. "It's okay baby, you can sleep on the bus."

"It's a four-hour drive to the mountains. He'll be knocked out on the luxury tour bus~" Taehyung perks up when Hoseok discloses more details as they walk to the bus in excitement. "So there's cup holders? And central heating?"

"Duh. But there's no kitchen so if you finish your chips you're outta luck." Jin frowns, clutching his hypothetical pearls. "A place without a kitchen is simply a waste of space! How tragic!"

Yoongi narrows his eyes at the theatrics. "This trip is for seniors, not senior citizens." Yoongi chuckles at his own joke, yelping when Jin whacks him in the head with his shoe. "I'm a chaperone. I watch punks like you to make sure you don't do anything stupid."  Namjoon slings an arm over Jungkook's shoulders as he alternates between staring at the back of Taehyung's head and admiring the tour bus. "This is gonna be great! No exams, no stress, no drama." Jungkook nods in agreement, keeping a positive attitude about him. He boards the bus and notices Taehyung sitting alone, and immediately starts talking to himself.

Or Jeon Jungkook'ing.

You march over there right now and ask to sit with him, Jungkook.

Look Jungkook. Do you really think that's a good idea? What if he says no?

Don't listen to Jungkook! The seat is open, and Tae is sweeter than honey.

Jungkook, don't be a moron!

"..Kook? Jungkook, are you alright?" Jungkook comes back to himself to find Taehyung staring up at him as he hovers over him in la la land. He's been standing there for five minutes, breathing over Taehyung and staring off into space. "I'm great! I'm awesome."

Jungkook grins at him and he nods slowly, going back to his book. "Okay...? Good."

"A-actually," Jungkook stares at the floor, because Taehyung is in lounge clothes and he's not accustomed to his uniform and it's not adorable in the slightest. "I was wondering if you were sitting with anyone. I was k-kinda...well I--I wanted to sit here--but if you're sitting with someone that's fine too, I just thought that I'd asked if you minded if I did because I don't, b-but if you do I won't--"

"Jungkook," Taehyung looks amused as Jungkook nods quickly, and mounts his suitcase before sitting down. Once every student has settled in, the driver dims the lights and announces for seat belts to go on. Jungkook makes quick work of his, having the advantage of being on the outer seat. He glances over to see Taehyung still trying to find his seat belt, which is high up above his head. "It's up there," Jungkook clicks his seat belt open and reaches for Tae's belt, coming back down to wrap it across Taehyung's chest. "It goes here, like th--"

Jungkook stops when he realizes he's an inch from Taehyung's lips. He can smell the fruit snacks Taehyung is eating, can see every detail of his face, including the mole he thinks is so cute and flattering on his nose. Jungkook blushes before resuming his assistance; he clicks his seat belt and sits back in his chair, swallowing the lump in his throat.

"Thanks." Tae smiles politely and Jungkook looks away, careful not to stare. "S-Sure...anything for you."

"What was that?"

"Nothing, I didn't say anything." Jungkook blows out a breath. That was close.

"Before we pull off, I'll be assigning roommates in alphabetical order. There are 73 of us in total, so one room will be filled with three instead of two. Because I'm such a wonderful person I will sacrifice my room to squeeze in with two." Hoseok boasts while rolling his eyes as a matter-of-factly, and begins reading names.

"Jeon Jungkook and Jung Hoseok."

"Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin." Namjoon sinks in his chair, turning into a puddle next to Jin.

"Park Jimin and Min Yoongi." Jimin curls into his boyfriend's embrace, nuzzling his nose.

"Kim Taehyung...oops," Hoseok scribbles on his clipboard when Taehyung's curious follow him. "The Kim's will be rooming together. Tae, you're in with Namjoon and Jin. He nods in approval and is about to sit down before Namjoon gets up and whispers in his ear.

"Ah...mhm...okay." Namjoon sits back down and Hoseok scribbles again. "Change of plans. Here are the final arrangements:

"Kim Namjoon and Kim Seokjin." 

"Park Jimin and Min Yoongi."

"Since I am the trip coordinator, I will be rooming alone. So that just leaves Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook."

The words echo in Jungkook's head, and his entire world sinks underwater at once.

Oh god...

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Good morning to you all! It's 4 AM here and I shouldn't be up but you all deserved an update. Exams were crazy stressful but I got a B in Calculus 2 so I'm like TT

If you loved this chapter, or you hated it, or you're hungry--like anything--leave me a comment! Or you can always sub if you liked it that much <3

Hopefully I caugh all the typos in here lol. Until next time guys! xoxo