Chapter Seven: Recognition

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today, Jinyoung had nothing to do in particular. Like usual, he was reading on his king-sized bed, covered in blue bed sheets. He really prefers staying in his room before anything. Though the walls were plain white, there were several paintings hung up, made by his favorite artist, Ars. He also has a massive bookshelf, taking up almost half of the wall's space, full with his hand-picked collection of books from several authors. Even the books themselves decorate the shelf perfectly with their colorful palette of covers.

His desk on the other side of the room also had books on the side, but they were usually only used for references for the things he write; songs, stories, poems. He even uses those for designing a variety of objects or making artwork himself. He also has several types of pencils and pens, all placed in a circular pen holder. There were several notebooks as will consisting of composition notebooks, sketchpads, and the like.

While his room was spacious, he also had a separate room for his clothes and shoes. Beside the closet was another room, the bathroom. Inside were filled with cream-colored tiles, while on the right of the door, was a marble sink, while just above it is a cabinet, with a mirror as the center panel. Separating the bathing area from the toilet area, was a glass. And on the other side of the glass was a bath tub, with the same marble pattern on the sink, on the far side of the room. Just before that is the part for showering, complete with the shower head and shelves for his toiletries. To add to all of this, the lighting was of a warm color rather than a plain white one.

He might be living a lush life, but he was lonely. Unlike your typical rich kid, he didn't like spending all his money on drugs, girls, or partying. The only things he ever spends his money for are books, clothes, and the like, but he was more than content with that. He's not one to socialize that much either. He prefers to be left alone at gatherings, other wise, he'd be staying home, reading, just like he's doing right  now.

"Young Master, someone is here to see you." His butler called out on the other side of the door. Jinyoung put a bookmark on the page he was currently reading and put the book down on his bed-side table. He got up and went towards the door, opening it to face his butler, a man in his late forties, wearing a black suit, polished shoes, and eye glasses.

"Who is it?" Jinyoung asked. "They say they're from an entertainment agency." The butler informed. The younger furrowed his eyebrows. 'Why would they come to see me?'  He wondered. The butler led him downstairs, the spiral metal railings brushing Jinyoung's fingertips as he followed the older.

Once they arrived at the living room, they were met by a man in his early thirties, wearing an office suit while carrying a case. Jinyoung and the man sat at two different couches, facing each other, a glass table separating them by about a meter. "It's nice to meet you, Jinyoung-ssi. I'm Lee Jeongmin from J entertainment. I'm sure you've already met one of our idols, Kim Yugyeom." The man introduced himself with a bright smile. "Nice to meet you too. What is your business with me?" Jinyoung asked, almost taken aback by how impersonal his tone was.

"Well, to cut to the chase, we would like you to be a part of us, as an actor." Jeongmin offered. "Me? An Actor? I've barely any experience though. I don't think I can do it." Jinyoung stated. "We can train you to be a good actor. We have several actors and actresses in our company, and I'm sure they're more than willing to help you throughout your career." The older informed, and slid a card on the glass table towards Jinyoung.

"I hope you consider our offer. If by chance, you don't like acting, we can offer you different things as well but you'll have to show us what you got." Jeongmin added. "I'll think about it." Jinyoung replied, taking the card on the table. "Thank you for your time. I'll be well on my way now." Jeongmin stood up and bowed before leaving, escorted by a maid.

"Ahjussi." Jinyoung called out to the butler. "Is there anything I can help you with, young master?" The butler asked. "Do you think father will approve of this?" The younger asked. The butler smiled faintly, "I'm sure he will. He has alway

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter