Chapter Two: Fate's Work

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mornings weren't for everyone, specially when it's filled with snow outside and the air is too cold. No matter how beautiful the gray clouds were, everything about morning totally disencouraged Yugyeom to go out. Unfortunately, he had to, he had to maintain his image because he's an idol now.

Just a year ago, he had his dreams come true. He debuted as a soloist in a big company and thanks to that, he rose up to fame easily. Being famous has its cons though. The crazy fans, the hectic schedule, the restrictions, and this; having to run early in the morning to maintain his body. Sure, he loves performing, but he surely didn't like running so early in the morning, to be precise, 6:00 AM.

Groaning loudly, Yugyeom finally got up from his bed after contemplating about whether he should have his precious sleep and get an earful from his manager or get up and run then sleep later in between schedules. He chose the latter because he thought about how annoying his manager could be.

Wearing his jogging pants and pink sweater along with a face mask, he went out of his apartment, the cold air that suddenly hit his face made him scrunch his nose. He then glanced around to see if there were people nearby and sighed in relief when he realized that there wasn't anyone. He started running in a gradually increasing speed.

After about an hour, he decided to take a rest and sat on a bench nearby.

After having sat down, it took him a few seconds to recognize his surroundings; he's at the same park that he and Bambam were assigned to look for Jinyoung. It was the same as last time. Not much has changed. The fountain at the center was still running, the trees which seemed lifeless only have grown, the snow covering some of the benches scattered around. He sighed deeply. Memories of what happened on this place are coming back to him.

This park was definitely special for him. This was where he, Bambam and Jinyoung would practice at late nights while the others watch and cheer for them. They've held mini shows for their selves here wherein Bambam, Mark and Jackson would rap, Jinyoung, Youngjae, Jaebum, and occasionally, he too, would sing, and then everyone suddenly urges him to dance and a dance battle would commence. They could rent a dance studio for a few hours, but this was their go-to place when they were looking to have fun.

Yugyeom smiled. 'Years really have passed.' He thought to himself.

And then he stopped. What if Jinyoung was here just before they arrived? What if they were only too late and they could have found Jinyoung? He wonders.

His daydreaming was cut off when he felt the presence of someone. Not a lot of people went out this early, specially in this cold weather. There'd be people occasionally passing by, but no one really stayed because it's freezing.

His eyes widened. The person wasn't a stranger. At the same, he was. Yet he wasn't. This person hasn't changed at all too. He had the same features as last time, black hair, round eyes, pointy nose, pouty lips, and a sharp jawline. Even his build was the same, only his height changed, judging from the coat that he was wearing. Yugyeom stopped thinking. His feet moved on its own and ran towards the person then he wrapped his arms around the other.

"Jinyoung-hyung! I missed you!" He cried. His tears started falling down his cheeks while he was still hugging the other. "I-i'm sorry, but who are you?" The other asked, tilting his head slightly, eyebrow raised. Even his voice hasn't changed much, only got a little bit deeper. "W-what? Hyung, you're joking, right?" Yugyeom stared at the other in disbelief.

"Y-you must have mistaken me for someone else." The other spoke nervously. "I know you're Park Jinyoung. Hyung, please don't do this to me." The younger pleaded. "I-i am... but I don't know you." "It's me, Yugyeom. Kim Yugyeom. Hyung. You're only doing this to make me look stupid, right? Please tell me that I'm right." He begged, desperately as he shook the other slightly.

"Why would I do that?" The older looked at him, eyes wide. Yugyeom opened his mouth to try and give out a reason but he shut it once he found no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter