Side Story 1: Kim Yugyeom (Part 1); One Second Away

Mayday
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: This was the chapter I was talking about before. Sorry for the very late update, I didn't really write this earlier on. Either ways, this is only the first part of it, the second part will come soon. after a few chapters later. Thanks to everyone who waited~ And boi, 24 subscribers, that's the most I've gotten out of anything, thanks a lot guys~ 

We never expected something like this to happen. And we all never really knew why it happened. We never knew why Jinyoung-hyung disappeared.

"Yah Bambam, since when did you take that sweater from me?" I asked my best friend, Bambam, who was once again wearing one of my sweaters, and it was too over-sized for him. "Hmm... Last week." He answered casually. 

"Isn't that the one you just borrowed? I thought you returned it already." I titled my head slightly in confusion. "You look like you're wearing your older brother's clothes." I commented mockingly at him, holding my laughter. "Not my fault that you're a ing tree." He snapped back at me.

"Whatever man, just hurry up, the instructor will get mad at us if we're late, again." I reminded him. Dongwook-hyung's anger is no joke at all. "Alright, alright. Geez." Bambam sighed and finally stopped picking clothes. Now he has to choose his shoes. Great. "Bam, we're just gonna practice, not perform." I scratched my head in annoyance. "Hush. My beauty takes time." He said. I rolled my eyes and said, "Just hurry up already."

After a few more minutes, Bambam was finally done, and we could finally leave. We started walking towards the dance studio, which was only a block away from the school's dorm where Bambam lives. As we were walking, I asked him, "When are you gonna return my clothes?" 

"Can't I borrow them for longer?" He said in a high-pitched voice as he was doing a forced aegyo. This again. How am I supposed to resist him when he's acting like this, in public, while people are giving us strange looks? I sighed in defeat and said, "Okay, okay, fine. Just... stop that. People are looking at us. "Okay, thanks." He smiled at me and continued walking.

The walk to the dance studio seemed short to us because we were talking. And without knowing it, we were already at our destination. "Yah, you think they're starting already?" Bambam asked in a hushed voice. "Probably. Thanks to someone who took more than ten minutes just picking his clothes and ended up wearing MY sweater." I rolled my eyes at him and started walking towards our practice room. 

Wait. Something's strange. "Why is nobody here yet?" I asked, looking around. "It's friday today, isn't it?" Bambam asked. And then I remembered. It's only 5:00 PM and Dongwook-hyung will arrive at 6:00 PM because he's busy today. I face palmed. 

"Ahh... how could I forget?" I spoke in a dramatic tone. "And you were rushing me too much saying that we're late." Bambam said, annoyed. "Sorry." I put my hands together and form a sheepish smile. 

"Well, we can practice early, at least. Good thing the room was open." He said, looking away. "Yeah, I guess so." I said as I took off my coat, put my bag on the sofa, and started stretching. After a few minutes, I was done warming up, and so was Bambam. I went to the computer and played one of Chris Brown's songs.

Thirty minutes into the practice, the two of us were tired, so Bambam stopped the music, and we sat into one of the corners of the room. "I'm so thirsty." I spoke in between breathes. After having rest for a bit, I stood up and got my water bottle from my bag. Just then, my phone rang, which was inside the bag as well. 'Why would Youngjae-hyung call at this time?' I thought as I saw the caller ID on my screen. 

I answered it and was greeted by, "Where are you right now?" From him. "Just practicing, Bambam is here with me too." I answered, glancing at my best friend. "I see. Head to Jinyoung-hyung's apartment immediately. Mark-hyung's orders. Oh, and take Bambam with you too." He replied, rushing. 

"What's going on?" I asked, in confusion. "Not sure. Mark-hyung will probably tell us once we get there." He answered. "Hmm... okay. We're going there now." I replied to him, and Bambam was already giving me a strange look. "Bye." He hung up.

"What's up?" Bambam asked, confused as well. "I don't know. I think something happened to Jinyoung-hyung? We were asked to go to his apartment immediately and Youngjae-hyung said that Mark-hyung ordered us to do that." I answered. He paused for a while before saying, "okay, let's go." We both gathered our things and headed out to Jinyoung-hyung's apartment.

Bambam and I arrived shortly after 10 minutes. When the two of us entered, we saw Mark-hyung pacing around and Youngjae-hyung sitting on the couch, his hands folded together, looking down. We stayed silent and sat down with Youngjae-hyung. 

Soon, Jackson-hyung and Jaebum-hyung arrived, sitting on the couch across us. "Care to explain?" Jackson-hyung asked, raising an eyebrow. "Jinyoung is missing." Mark-hyung stated, showing us a piece of paper with the words, 'I want you to find me, and save me.'

I was in shock. 'Why would Jinyoung-hyung go missing? Maybe he ran away? Why though?' "We should call the police." Jaebum-hyung suggested. "Yeah, he could still be nearby." Jackson-hyung agreed. Youngjae-hyung glanced towards us and we simply nodded before he proceeded to call 119. 

We all looked at Jaebum hyung when he started speaking, "First, we have to split into groups to cover more area, we'll find him easier this way." We all nodded, and he continued on, "We might also have to narrow down the places he could be. It could be the library, the nearby park, or just wandering around-" He suddenly paused.

"By this time, he could be anywhere." Jaebum-hyung continued. ". Let's just divide quickly. Yugyeom, Bambam, to the nearby park. Jackson and I will go to the library. Mark, you and Youngjae should wait for the police to arrive and deal with them, and then search around the area." He ordered, rushing. Bam and I hurried downstairs and ran towards the park.

"Do you think he'll be here?" Bambam asked, catching up his breathe. "Not sure." I shrugged my shoulders. "I still don't really get this whole situation though. Jinyoung-hyung could just be pranking us." I stated. "I'm not sure what's going on either, but Mark-hyung is acting strange, Youngjae-hyung too." He replied. "You go there, and I go here." He ordered, pointing at opposite directions. "Okay." I nodded and went left, where he told me to go to. 

The park was beginning to partially dim, it's about 5:45 PM now, but the light's weren't on yet. I forgot to bring my phone too so I don't have a light source. I kept looking and walking around, and yet I didn't see Jinyoung-hyung. I really don't understand though. Why would they suddenly panic like this? It's not like I don't care for Jinyoung-hyung, I do care for him, I just don't understand the context of this. Maybe Jinyoung-hyung was just pranking us, he's pulled up several pranks on me already, some making me cry even. 

"Jinyoung-hyung! Where are you?" I yelled out. "Jinyoung-hyung! Wherever you are, this isn't funny, hyung! We're getting worried now!" I shouted. No response. "Hyuuuunnggg!" I tried once again, louder. But no one answered. I went back to the center of the park, to meet up with Bambam. When I arrived there, it seems that he just arrived there too. "Did you find him?" He asked, panting. "No. What happened to you?" I asked. "Oh. I ran around. to see if he was still here." He replied.

"Well, did you find anything?" I asked. "No, nothing either. Let's check around other places nearby, maybe he just left." We started running again, the first stop was the nearby convenience store. "Have you seen Jinyoung-hyung?" Bambam asked the cashier, who was entirely clueless himself. "Bam, he doesn't know Jinyoung-hyung." I reminded him. "Right, right. Umm... has anyone come here recently, uhh... a guy with black hair, about seventeen years old, almost as tall as him." Bambam pointed at me. "No?" The cashier raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe he's taking a walk around?" I suggested. "Yeah, he might be. Let's go." He pulled my arm as we both got out of the convenience store. It's getting darker now. I don't think we'll be able to find him soon. We ran to almost every street nearby,  but the street lights weren't on yet so we could barely see anything. Maybe we should call the others. "Hey Bam." I called out to him, who was meters away from me, still looking everywhere. 

"Yeah?" He shouted back. "I think we should call them. Did you bring your phone?" I asked him as he approached me. "Yep. Just in case." He replied, taking his phone from his pocket, and dialed a number, I'm guessing Mark-hyung.  "Hey, hyung. He's not here. We've looked everywhere around the area, and we found no signs of him whatsoever." Bambam stated to the person he was speaking to. He paused for a while before continuing, "okay, we're coming." He ended the call.

"Mark-hyung told us to return to Jinyoung-hyung's apartment." He told me. So it was Mark-hyung after all. I nodded in response. We went to the main street and hailed a taxi. Bambam told Jinyoung-hyung's address to the driver, and headed there.  We arrived there 10 minutes later, and found that the police had arrived. 

I looked towards Youngjae-hyung who was sitting down, tapping his feet on the floor, and then to Mark-hyung who was being questioned by the cops. Maybe Jinyoung-hyung really is missing.  I don't understand. Why? Where would he go? I bit my nails, staring into nothing. "Hey." Bambam nudged me. "I'm getting really nervous right now." I responded. "Yeah, me too. I don't think they'd go this far is this was a prank." Bambam shook his head. 

The police officer came towards us and asked, "When was the last time you saw your friend?" The last time... well... he didn't come to practice yesterday... but he did eat lunch  with us. "Uhh...  well we ate lunch with him yesterday at school." I answered. "Same as him, he was supposed to practice with us but he didn't show up." Bambam added. The officer nodded and left us.

A few minutes later, Jackson-hyung and Jaebum-hyung arrived. They too, were asked some questions. I think he's done asking all of us. The officer cleared his throat and we all looked at him. "We will begin investigations in a few days, we've got a handful of cases so I'm afraid we'll have to delay the search." The officer said. Mark-hyung suddenly stood up and shouted, "Why does it have to be delayed?! He could be anywhere right now! He could be in danger for all we know!" Oh no. He's mad now. 

"Look, we'll find him. But we can't send a search party right now." The officer explained. "Mark Tuan. Calm the down." Jackson-hyung pushed Mark-hyung down the couch. "Calm? How can I be calm right now?!" Mark-hyung shouted once again and pushed Jackson-hyung. "Okay. How about this, we'll send a few men to search for your friend, and some detectives on this case, yeah? But we can't send a major search right now." The officer interrupted them.

Mark-hyung sighed and sat down. Thank god he's calm now. "Tha-that's fine, just find him!" He buried his head in his palms. The police left us before investigating the place once more. I heard sniffling, and looked towards where the sound came from, it was Youngjae-hyung. "Youngjae-ah, are you okay?" Jackson-hyung asked him. I've never seen him cry before. he was always smiling. Jinyoung-hyung is missing and now the most positive out of all of us, is crying.  Little did I know, tears were starting to fall on my cheeks too.

Bambam rubbed circles on my back, while I kept crying softly. What if Jinyoung-hyung really was in danger? What should we do? Shouldn't we still be looking for him? "It's gonna be alright, gyeom. We'll find him." Bambam softly spoke to my ear. I hope so. "Guys, let's keep looking for him." Jaebum-hyung spoke out loud. "Yeah. We should." Jackson-hyung supported him. This time, all of us went out and split out into three groups, me being with Bambam again.

I wiped my tears away as we both headed down. "Hey, where do you think we should look first?" Bambam asked. I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. I shook my head in response and just followed him, wherever it is that's he's planning to go to.  "Let's go to Yanghwa Bridge, maybe he's wandering around there." He suggested. I just nodded and kept on following him.

We rode a taxi to go through there, so that it'll be easier to look over the whole bridge. The two of us were silent throughout the whole ride. It wasn't helping that it just began raining hard. As both of us were staring at opposite windows, keeping a lookout for Jinyoung-hyung, I noticed something. I saw a man carrying someone who looks like and is probably Jinyoung-hyung. 

"S-stop the car!" I shouted, and the driver immediately hit the breaks. I quickly got out of the car to try to go towards them, but I was suddenly yanked backwards and a car suddenly passed by.

"Be careful, man!" Bambam scolded me. "Did you see something?" He asked. "Yeah, I saw someone carrying Jinyoung-hyung." I replied. "Where?" He asked again. As I was about to point to where I saw hyung, he wasn't there anymore, and there wasn't even any car there. I swear, I saw him there. 

"I-i... I thought I saw him there." I pointed towards the other side of the bridge. "But there's no one there." He tilted his head. "Look, stress is probably taking over you. Let's go, we have to keep looking." He pulled me towards the taxi cab and we started moving again.

I swear to all gods that it was him that I saw. He was just there a second ago, how come he's suddenly gone?! Bambam's probably right. I should stay calm too. He's really amazing, keeping his cool even when we're faced with this situation. I glanced over Bambam. He seems nervous, but he's been level-headed all this time, serious even. 

Time passed and we've pretty much searched as much as our wallets allowed us to, and still didn't find Jinyoung-hyung anywhere. We both returned to hyung's apartment, and waited for Youngjae-hyung and Mark-hyung as they were the only ones looking.

It must hurt a lot for them, huh. A lot more hurt than the rest of us. Specially Mark-hyung. He seems to be the closest to Jinyoung-hyung. He's like an exception, because Jinyoung-hyung is rarely sarcastic to him, and vice-versa. I sighed deeply.  I glanced over the other hyungs, both of them had this same worried expression. "I'm gonna go after them." Jaebum-hyung suddenly stood up, but he was held back by Jackson-hyung. "They're gonna be fine, hyung. Youngjae and Mark-hyung should be able to handle themselves." Jackson-hyung said to him.

I just hope that they don't break into a fight right now. Like what I hoped for, Jaebum-hyung just kept quiet and sat there. It's raining really hard right now, I wonder if they could return safely with this weather.  I stared into nothing, spacing out. I was slightly startled w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter