metanoia

a night and forever

I'm not really happy with how this chapter turned out but eh. Hope you guys like it!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yixing glances up from his work at the knock on his door.

"Come in."

Slowly his partially open door swings open and Baekhyun stands there in shorts and a t-shirt, seeming hesitant. He’s clutching a pillow to his chest, almost as if for protection. After a moment of silence where Yixing just looks at him pointedly with eyebrows raised, Baekhyun seems to come to a decision.

"I'm sleeping in your room tonight," he announces.

"You are?"

"Yes. Tonight and every night that I feel like it."

"And you came to this decision all by yourself without asking me?"

"Yes hyung. Whether you like it or not, I'm sleeping with you."

Yixing has to hide his smile. Baekhyun's conviction is amusing and slightly adorable.

"Okay," Yixing says slowly. "What about Jongdae and Minseok though? Have you got that all figured out too?"

Baekhyun smiles at this, proud of himself, "Of course. Jongdae will be moving and sleeping in my room with Minseok for now. They'll both like it better this way anyway, if you know what I mean." He winks cheekily at his hyung.

Yixing rolls his eyes but is impressed nonetheless. When Baekhyun puts his mind to something, he’ll get it, no matter what.

"Okay then. If you have it all figured out, then I guess you're welcome to sleep here." Yixing shrugs and turns back to his paper where he’s composing some lyrics for a new song.

Out of the corner of his eye, he sees Baekhyun positively beam and skip gaily into the room.

The younger boy catches his eye and smirks. Yixing looks away and pretends not to notice anything. An overused tactic of his, he is willing to admit.

Yixing tries his best to immerse himself in his work and pay no attention to the other man. It’s just so damn hard. It’s like his brain keeps telling him to focus solely on Baekhyun. Baekhyun and nothing else.

He’s so caught up in trying not to pay attention to Baekhyun that he almost doesn’t even notice when his bed dips under the weight of the other boy.

"Wha—what are you doing?"

"Sleeping next to you, of course. What else did you think I came here to do?" Baekhyun is looking at him like he’s an idiot.

"I thought you… dammit—aren't you sleeping in Jongdae’s bed?" Yixing gestures at the bed across from his own on the opposite side of the room.

"Of course not. What would be the point of that? That would just defeat the purpose of everything!"

Yixing sighs and runs a hand over his face, "What is your purpose for sleeping here with me, again? I don't think I remember you giving me any reasonable explanation. In fact, I don't remember any explanation at all. "

"I came here because I want to spend time with you, hyung. I mean, come on, we obviously don't get to be together very often—Not that it's your fault!" Baekhyun adds hastily. He knows Yixing feels guilty about not being able to spend as much time in Korea as he wishes.

He continues, "I know none of it is any of your doing. And you're doing so much for EXO in China. I just meant to say that, I miss you , hyung. Even when we're together, we're not really together. We're just so busy. And—well—this is my way of trying to spend quality time with you."

Yixing has to admit, he’s touched. He feels a surge of affection for the younger boy.

"So hyung, please, please let me stay here with you," Baekhyun gives him his signature pout.

The cheeky little bastard. He knows Yixing is weak. He knows he won't be able to resist.

He sighs in resignation, "Okay, okay fine. But I still don't understand why that entails you having to sleep in the same bed as me."

"That's because I want to. You're just gonna have to deal with it, hyung," Baekhyun flashes him one of his blinding smiles.

Yixing just sighs again and decides not to pursue an argument. He never wins against Baekhyun anyway. He goes back to his writing while the younger boy gets comfortable beside him.

After about five minutes, Baekhyun has settled down and is just staring up at Yixing with an annoying smile on his face.

"Go to sleep."

"Mmm." Baekhyun pays his words no heed and just continues staring up at him with wide eyes from where he is lying.

Yixing tries. He really tries to concentrate. But how the hell is he supposed to pay attention to his work with those goddamn distracting eyes on him?

"Go to sleep, will you?"

"Only when you do."

"But who knows when that'll be!" Yixing replies, exasperatedly.

"Exactly. You need to sleep more, hyung. You're always telling us to sleep well and take care of our health. You need to follow your own advice and do the same."

"Don't waste your time worrying about me Baekhyun. I will sleep. Right after I finish these lyrics. You mustn't worry."

Baekhyun's expression has darkened and changed to something Yixing can't quite read. "I'm going to worry about you no matter what. Just as you worry about us. So please, sleep. It's been almost five days since you came back and not once have I seen you get a proper night's sleep. I know we’re idols. But we’re human too. Sleep. For my sake."

He sighs for what he thinks must be the third time that night. Baekhyun seems to have that sort of effect on him.

"Well—when you put it that way—fine, I guess."

Baekhyun smiles at him as though Yixing has just agreed to buy him the world. "Thank you, hyung."

Biting his lip, Yixing puts his stuff away and turns off the lights. He slips into his bed and literally only has to wait like two seconds before Baekhyun finds his rightful place: curled up around him.

In the dark, Baekhyun lays his head on Yixing's chest. His places one of his beautiful hands over Yixing's beating heart. He has a thing for those hands. They’re a work of art. Just as is the rest of Baekhyun.

"Don't you usually sleep in only your boxers?"

"Is that how you want me? Only in my boxers?" Yixing replies cheekily.

"Actually I think I'd prefer you fully ."

Baekhyun always wins.

After deciding not to grace that with a reply, Yixing takes Baekhyun's other hand in his own. He relishes the feeling of the other boy’s slender fingers entwined in his. Even their hands fit perfectly together.

Bringing it up to his lips, he presses a soft kiss against the back of Baekhyun's hand.

"Thank you."

Yixing can see Baekhyun's surprised expression, even in the dark.

"What for?"

Kissing his hand again reverently, he replies, "Mmmm… for just being you. For being so utterly perfect. And for being here. With me."

After a quiet moment, Baekhyun lets out a soft sigh, "You do my ego wonders, hyung."

Yixing chuckles quietly, "Don't let it get to your head."

Baekhyun just pulls him closer and presses a quick kiss to his cheek, "I love you too, hyung." Then he buries his face shyly in Yixing's neck and refuses to meet his gaze.

His neck is usually sensitive as hell but he’s willing to bear the uncomfortableness for Baekhyun. And besides, it’s somehow not as bad when it’s the younger boy.

Softly chuckling at Baekhyun's uncharacteristic bashfulness, Yixing contentedly closes his eyes and lets himself drift into sleep’s welcoming arms.

He dreams of Baekhyun.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's starting! I'm warning y'all. It's probably just gonna be a lot of cuddling and weird conversations from here on out. I honestly think the only reason I'm writing this is because I just wanna see more baekxing cuddles. Anyway, I'll hopefully be back soon with another update! Comments are appreciated. <3