Eight

I don't wanna know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Bominie and Dong-hyung told me they’ll come and invite me to their debut stage. I’m really excited! I was already happy when I heard they’re debuting, and it made me ten times happier when I found out that they’re actually dating! Cuties~”

 

 

Jaemin had been blabbering non-stop about his former rinkmates to Chani when he visited him the day after while the latter never failed to show his enthusiasm to know what happened to their little group date. He was glad that the slightly younger male found joy in meeting his childhood friends.

 

 

These days, he noticed how Jaemin never goes out anymore. He was pretty excited about being free from the house arrest that he was in but now that he was already allowed to see the outside world, all Jaemin did was play League of Legends all day, watch Marvel films during the weekends and facetime Chani at midnight. Chani didn’t really mind talking to Jaemin the whole day but he was worried that Jaemin’s wasting himself away.

 

 

He had always known the brunette as an optimistic and jolly boy, often loved because of his charming and bright personality. And Chani feels like that Jaemin was destroyed by the recent happenings in the younger’s life. He could only do his best in making the younger happy and letting him know that he wasn’t alone and the thing that hurts him the most is that he’ll never be enough to bring back the happiness in Jaemin’s life.

 

 

Chani knew right from the start that he could never replace Jeno in Jaemin’s life. When the pretty boy told him that he wished he should have loved Chani instead of Jeno, Chani felt the regret too. He wished he knew Jaemin before Jeno did, he wished he befriended Jaemin before Jeno did, he wished he spent his trainee days with Jaemin, he wished he dated Jaemin before Jeno could even lay his eyes on the boy. But he was too late, Jeno have hurt Jaemin already and Chani wasn’t able to protect the love of his life.

 

 

Yes you read it right. Jaemin is the love of his life and not that girl in his made up story that he told Jaemin. He was actually referring to the younger and he was glad Jaemin’s such an idiot to even notice.

 

 

“Taeyang-hyung called me by the way, asking me if I was already allowed to dance. He wanted to choreograph a song with me but I didn’t get a go signal from Dr. Kim yet so I asked him if he could wait bit. He answered yes and I was so thankful that he agreed. I wanted to do that! It’s been awhile since I last danced and I’m so happy that someone invited me to do something related to dancing again. And yeah Inseong hyung told me to tell you to study on your exams because they’re coming up in a few days and he said you kept lazing aroun--- hey are you even listening?” Jaemin noticed how his friend’s thoughts weren’t with him and called out Chani’s attention.

 

 

“Ah. Yeah, don’t worry about it I’m studying well! Don’t listen to him he likes nagging a lot. I wish sometimes he could just let me breathe a little.” Chani mumbled after he recovered his attention.

 

 

Jaemin laughed and his thoughts suddenly lingered to one of his hyungs. “I can’t believe there’s someone worse than Doyoung hyung when it comes to nagging. At least he never calls you to tell you to scold your boyfriend for something I did.”

 

 

Of all the things that he loves about Jaemin, the way the word ‘boyfriend’ rolls off Jaemin’s tongue is Chani’s favorite. Especially when he’s addressing to him.

 

He already accepted the fact that he’ll never be the one to own Jaemin’s heart, and this little relationship play they’re doing right now would end as soon as Jeno comes back to the picture. It isn’t impossible, not after Chani heard Renjun trying to explain something to Jaemin. He is quite sure the orange-head was telling the truth, that he isn’t in any way having an affair with Jeno.

 

 

Right now, Chani is just trying to enjoy his probable last few moments pretending that he and Jaemin are together. He knew he’ll miss this, the feeling of the younger’s warmth tucked under his arms.

 

 

If you’ll ask him, he won’t even put up a fight. He won’t tug Jaemin back when the pretty boy starts walking back to Jeno. He knew the only person that could heal Jaemin’s heart and make him happy is Jeno. He could also feel that Jaemin is still hoping to fix everything with him, he knew it because the brunette isn’t letting go of everything just yet. He could see that Jaemin’s still holding on, and Chani knew he would be left with no choice but to free Jaemin from himself when the time comes.  

 

 

“Inseong-hyung probably wanted to talk to you but he didn’t know what to say so he resorted to nagging me through you. These days, the only thing that keeps coming out from their mouth when they're talking to me is your name. They like you a lot that I won’t get surprised if they suddenly kick me out of the dorm to adopt you instead.” Chani complained earning a giggle from Jaemin.

 

 

Truth to be told, he actually told Inseong that him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter