Six

I don't wanna know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Oh Jaemin! Thank God you already came down. It’s bad to make your guest wait you know. Hello dear Chani, I don’t know if you know this fine young boy over here but this is Renjun. He is Jaemin’s co-member in NCT Dream. You all were born from the same year I hope you’ll become friends.” Mrs. Na scolded her son before turning to Chani and introducing Renjun. She was clearly pleased of having more guests in her house given that it had been awhile since her house had been this packed. 

 

She was holding a plate of cookies while the orange head besides her was holding a tray of glasses containing drinks for the boys to consume. 

 

To say that Chani and Jaemin were shock is an understatement. Of all people, Renjun was the last person they expect to come. It’s not that Jaemin was angry at Renjun. He could never get mad at the latter. The slightly older boy had never done anything wrong to him and treated him nicely the whole time they were dorming together.Although he wasn’t as close to Renjun like he was with the other members, considering the fact that the chinese guy joined them the last minute before their debut his relationship with Jaemin was pretty smooth. He never had any arguments with Renjun and he clearly didn’t hate Renjun after what happened to him and Jeno. Jaemin isn’t the person to get mad at someone without hearing their explanation, something that both Renjun and Jeno didn’t offer Jaemin. At least not yet. 

 

Jaemin eyed the older skeptically before sitting at their sofa without uttering a word. The tension was up and Renjun was obviously aware of that. He lost his smile the moment Jaemin ignored his mom, mouth forming a thin line and eyes losing its glimmer. 

 

The oldest of the three boys was firm in his ground, not moving an inch. He didn’t know if he should stay or if Jaemin wanted to face Renjun alone. If you ask him, he wanted to be with Jaemin. He knows the younger was still suffering and this talk would make him suffer more. He wanted to support Jaemin, but he wasn’t sure if Jaemin would allow him to be there. 

 

He was just standing there while he eyed Renjun’s figure moving to sit on the small sofa opposite to Jaemin, but not before placing the tray carefully in the center table in between the two boys. Renjun was naturally calm, regaining his composure and smiling sweetly back at Mrs. Na who excused herself to go back to her gardening tasks. The lady loves her plants so much that she spends most of her time on her garden. 

 

Chani’s eyes landed back to Jaemin who’s head was downcast. The younger was fiddling with his fingers, a habit when he’s nervous with something. He watched him until Jaemin snapped his head towards him before gesturing Chani to sit besides him with glassy eyes to which the older succumb in doing so. 

 

He settled just next to Jaemin, facing Renjun. The vocalist was sporting an angelic smile, one that would make you question if you’re already in heaven. But well, Jaemin’s is still Chani’s favorite smile. 

 

“Hello Nana, it has been awhile. Are you recovering well?” Renjun started, getting a glass of iced tea from the tray and sipping from it before putting it down on the table. He fixed the cardigan that he was wearing before looking back at Jaemin expectantly for an answer. 

 

Jaemin sighed before offering a timid smile to Renjun. “I am getting better, I guess. What brought you here injunnie? Not to be rude but didn’t Mark tell yo-” 

 

“He did. I came here without telling the other members. I… I wanted to talk to you.” The orange head muttered while his eyes stared right through Jaemin’s eyes. Determination etched on his face. 

 

Jaemin faced the silent Chani first, searching for his eyes to assure himself that he got the older backing him. Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter