Three

I don't wanna know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jeno is a perfect boyfriend. I never expected this to happen Jaemin-ah. Im sorry.” 

 

Jaemin raised an eyebrow at Chani’s statement. He’s pissed, not at Chani, but at how wrong he constructed his sentence. 


“Correction, Jeno was a perfect boyfriend. He was perfect, but he obviously cheated on me. He was my boyfriend, but I already sent him a break-up text last night and he already read it, he didn’t reply though but who cares it’s not like he has a right to refuse. So yeah you should do something about your tenses cause….”

 

The slightly older of the two chuckled at how furious Jaemin sounded while he continued ranting about the same topic for the 8th time today. He’s cute when he does that so Chani just let him be.

 

They were sitting on their favorite spot in their favorite cafe, drinking cappuccino that the younger loves so much while talking about the incident yesterday. There were not much people there at that time because it’s near their school and most of the customers were students, who were probably in their classes right now since its just 2 in the afternoon. This is why they love it here, no one would recognize them so there’s no need to cover their faces. They just gotta pick the right time to hang out. 

 

Chani rushed to that cafe when he got a call from a gloomy Jaemin that morning even though they still have practice for their upcoming comeback. Talking about priorities. 

 

Jaemin is Chani’s bestfriend. They met on their first year in high school where they’re both dance majors at SOPA together with Jeno and Hina. The other two were not that close to Chani, but Jaemin and him got inseparable especially when they’re at school. Not much fans know about this but they’re happy about it and they have no plans on broadcasting their friendship.

 

Jaemin got donghyuck and jeno, Chani only has Jaemin so he values the younger so much and it pains him to hear that Jeno cheated on his precious Nana. But as much as he wants to give that cheater some punches, Jaemin told him not to do anything about it so he’s staying still. All he can do right now is comfort his bestfriend, even though he knows that it won’t take the younger’s pain. 

 

“Hey are you even listening?” Jaemin’s irritated voice broke Chani’s chain of thoughts. He smiled when he saw how knitted the brow-haired boy’s eyebrows were. He can’t help but bring his hands at Jaemin’s head to ruffle his brown locks. The latter didn’t even budge and just allowed Chani’s antics.

 

“I’m just thinking of how to make you happy, you’ve been stressed since Jeno turned cold on you. I’m worried about you I want my bright Nana back.” Chani admitted while caressing Jaemin’s hair. There’s a sad smile painted on his lips.


Jaemin looked up to see Chani’s face. He smiled back when he finally caught the older’s eyes. He’s thankful that Chanhee is there for him. He can’t bother Donghyuck right now since he’s preparing for a comeback, and he’s kindda mad at the older too. 


He didn’t even receive a call from him after he ran out of the dorm. He didn’t receive a call or text when he got home and got scolded by his mother for running. He didn’t receive a call or text from literally any of the members when he cried to sleep that night. Well except his hansol hyung who texted him that he shouldn’t come back to the dorm to avoid commotion and that he’ll be the one to visit the younger soon. And yeah his Taeyong hyung who sent him a text asking if he’s fine and if he got home safely which he read the morning after. 

 

He was expecting Jeno to call him after he sent him a break up text too. Tell him that everything was just a big misunderstanding and that he’s not cheating on Jaemin, beg for him to come back but no. He didn’t. Only proved the fact that he’s nothing to Jeno now. Jaemin’s heart was so battered that it got him worried if it’ll still function well. 

 

Jaemin didn’t tell his mom about the break up because he knew that it’ll affect Mrs. Na more than it should. The woman loves her son so much. 

 

All that Jaemin got now is Chani. Sure they only met last year, but he was there for Jaemin through that one year. He never left Jaemin’s side, even when he’s busy with school and promotions, he never failed to visit and check on Jaemin regularly. 

 


 “You know what; you should’ve just dated me instead of that .” He suggested, before laughing at his own stupid remark.

 


It was a joke made by Chani, but it made Jaemin think that his friend was right. Really, he should’ve dated him instead. 

 


Jaemin can’t help but laugh too, “You’re too good for me.” He smiled genuinely at the other boy before drinking from his coffee. 

 


He saw him shrugged before finishing his own cup off. “The people around me keep telling me that. I’m too good for them that’s why they can’t date me. That’s just so unfair you know.” He poutily complained. “My hyungs keep teasing me about not being in a relationship my whole life. They’ve been pestering me to get myself a girlfriend it’s getting annoying.”

 


Jaemin grinned at his friend; he surely is the maknae in his group. He kept acting childish at times. 

 


“Introduce me to them then, so they would stop teasing you already. Besides, I’m single now, I can already help you with that.” Jaemin offered casually, as if it was the most normal thing to do. 

 


Chani was fast to look up at his bestfriend. Was the younger being serious? “You’ll seriously do that?” he questioned, still doubtful that the other was just messing with him. 

 


“Well, I mean you’ve been constantly complaining about your hyungs teasing you so why not help you out? I’m on a break, I can’t go back and visit my members, I just broke up with my ex-boyfriend. I don’t have anything good to do with my life as of the moment so why not lend a hand to a person that has always been there for me? It’s not like I’ll do anything extra, you’ll just introduce me to them so they’ll finally stop pestering you.” Jaemin explained, while staring at his in-awed friend. 

 


It wasn’t like he’ll do Chani a big favor, but the visible delight on the older’s face made Jaemin feel self-satisfied. Atleast he got to return all the comfort that Chani provided him all these time. 

 


“Jeno will kill me if he knows about this.” Chani silently muttered, more to himself than to Jaemin but the younger heard him nonetheless. 

 


Jaemin smiled a painful one, he would really appreciate if Chani stop mentioning about the boy that Jaemin loved—which he still loves.

 


“Why would he? It’s not like he still care about me. He’s probably happy that I finally broke up with him. I wonder if he’s having a great time with Renjun as we speak.”

 


The idea of Jeno and Renjun being together made Jaemin’s heart swell once more. Call him masochist for bringing up a scenario which he knew would just break his heart bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter