Five

I don't wanna know
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“If you don’t confess to her soon, other guys will go sweep her feet off the ground. I swear you won’t hear me comforting you. It’ll be your fault anyways.” Jaemin nonchalantly muttered to the stressed Chani flopped on the younger’s bed crying like a dying whale. 


The brunet was eating the ice cream Chani bought for him, sitting comfortably on his study table’s chair. It was the older’s day off after a month-long promotion for “Roar”, their comeback song which was released last February. 


Jaemin was proud of Chani. His friend endured it well, finishing the promotion cleanly without any injuries. SF9’s choreography has always been tiring since they debuted, Jaemin had observed. As a dancer himself, he knows it was hard especially that SF9 is a big group with 9 members. 


He sighed in contentment as the cool choco flavored treat attacked his taste buds, chuckling on his spoon when he heard Chani groaning on Jaemin’s pillow. If the said boy didn’t bring him something, he had probably kicked him out already. 


The slightly older male had been groaning and whimpering ever since he stepped unto Jaemin’s house. He’s pretty much welcome there and Mrs. Na is thankful for him that Jaemin is finally having someone to hang out with but if he’ll just mourn about his failing love life, the younger would be willing to throw him out of the window. 


They’ve been fake dating since the start of Chani’s promotions and the older was still lost and confused. He likes someone, an upperclassman from their school. Jaemin hasn’t meet the girl yet because he already quit school but based on Chani’s description, the girl is gorgeous, smart and really nice. Chani kept talking about his crush for quite a long time already but when his friends urge him to confess or simply tell them her name, Chani would say that they shouldn’t bother her anymore because she was already taken. But according to the latest news from Chani, his crush and her lover already broke up. Jaemin had been telling Chani to make a move and take the opportunity to win his crush’ heart, but SF9’s maknae is still hesitant about it. Jaemin wanted to smack the other for being a weak who can’t even confess.


“You’re not helping Nana! I said the one I like is still inlove with her ex-boyfriend. My chance with her is as small as your straightness!” 


“I’m gay as dud--”


“Exactly! Zero Jaemin, zer-- aww! What was that for?!” The older guy rubbed his aching head that would probably grow a bump because of the spoon that Jaemin threw on him. The brunet might be injured, but his aim was good and nothing could stop him from showing no mercy to his friend.


Jaemin beamed when he heard Chani’s agony, seemingly proud of himself. He placed the empty Ice cream tub on his study table and hopped from his seat to approach the other male who was messing up his bed. He didn’t bother scolding Chani, he’ll just make him fix it again later. 


Chani was laid on his stomach, still buried on a pile of Jaemin’s pillows and sheet. Jaemin sat at the floor facing his fake boyfriend, resting his back on the wall just below his window parallel to his bed. 


“You should never say never chanhee-yah. Besides, why is it that impossible? You’re good looking, you’re a diligent student and you’re very talented. Plus the fact that you’re really sweet and nice? Whats not to like about you? We’ve been fake dating for your hyungs to leave you alone but even without them looking, you take good care of me and I appreciate that. If I were the girl, I’d jump in joy if you ever confess.” Jaemin sincerely uttered, making Chani smile on the pillow where his face was buried. 


“Stop saying things you don’t mean Nana.” He mumbled but not too inaudible for Jaemin not to catch. 


Jaemin’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “What hyung?” 


It became his habit to call Chani “Hyung” even though he’s just months older because Chani kept insisting, and Jaemin adored the feeling of being the maknae too. He calls him that when he wants something from the older, saying it in his aegyo voice that could make anyone’s knees collapse. Chani spoils him more than his NCT hyungs do, probably because Chani had been used to being the maknae and he wanted to spoil someone younger for once. 


The black-haired boy’s head turned to Jaemin’s direction and the latter expected him to answer him,but instead of saying something Chani just showcased his cute smile that Jaemin has always loved. 


Jaemin started giggling and Chani followed suit. They soon erupted into a fit of laughter, their eyes never leaving each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter