Look At Me

The Missing Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Will I be able to be someone's star?

I want to be a small star that shines on someone

 

 

 

 

 

"Mom!"

"No!"

Mingyu pouted when he didn't get what he wanted. "I want this!" he shouted and holding a bunny bag tight in his arms.

"We have bought you your favorite superhero bag last week why would you need that too?"

Mingyu started to stomp on the ground making all the store visitors looking toward their direction.

"Mingyu stop it!" his mom hissed at him and then bowed to everyone to apologize.

"No!" he shouted.

Mrs. Kim finally gave up and asked, "Why do you need that bunny bag?"

"Because this looks just like Jeonghanie hyung! See?" he said with a big smile.

"You think I will buy you that because you said that?"

Mingyu nodded vigorously and cutely. But his mom shook her head and Mingyu's face went into an ugly shocked face.

"Ugh... I-I'll pay you back!" he said with a troubled face.

Mrs. Kim bursted into laugh. "Where did you learn that?"

"Seonsaengnim said we have to work hard for something we want. So... I can pay you back with my saving at home..."

Mrs. Kim amazed how he understood things so quickly. He only a kindergarten and he knew what working hard means.

"But how if your money not enough to buy this bunny?"

Mingyu opened his mouth but then closed it again. He bit his lips and put up a sad puppy eyes. "I don't know..." he answered and looked at the bunny bag sadly and then hug it, "I'm sorry bunny..."

Mrs. Kim felt an urge to take a picture of this cute son in front of her face.

"Well then..." Mrs. Kim suddenly cleared and said. she saw her son suddenly showing her his sparkling eyes full of hope. She immediately took a note to ask anyone who taught him to act like this. "How if I buy you this bunny bag… But with one condition."

Mingyu nodded vigorously again.

"It's not that I will buy you, tho."

Mingyu went back into a sad puppy.

"Oh, God... I have the most hilarious son in the world."

While she laughed amusedly, Mingyu sadly put the bunny back to the shelf.

"No, no, no! Why you put it back?"

Mingyu shook his head. "I should buy it when I have money... So should wait until I have a job and I will working hard to earn money for Jeonghanie hyung later..." he said and pat on the bunny’s head. “Bye, bunny…”

Mrs. Kim sighed. Why this 5 years old child could understand such a hard things with his pure heart…

 

Mingyu made his mom took him to Jeonghan's place, by stomping his feet again when they finally arrived at the home after buying that bunny bag. He said he had to give the bunny to Jeonghan right away or the bunny will cry because he missed his mommy.

So the bunny bag is already a 'he' and...

"Jeonghan is the mommy?"

"Apparently yes...?" Mrs. Kim answered and sighed. "I thought he wanted it for himself..."

"So he bought it for Jeonghanie? With his own money?"

"Yes, he did. And he said because it looks just like Jeonghanie."

Mrs. Yoon squealed as she heard that.

"Is it his first engagement gift?"

Mrs. Kim laughed. "Yeah, probably."

 

 

 

 

 

Friday has finally come. The sun shone so bright since morning. Felt like a good sign for Jeonghan. He couldn't hide his excitement every day after he got a phone call from Mingyu who said that he is going to come and visit him today. He even made a room for him to stay. Changed the bed cover, rearranged the shelves and the bedside table. Swept and swiped the floor and wiped the window and swept the floor again. And many more just to make the room nice and ready to use.

The day has finally come after he thought that five days were very very long. He couldn't stop to look very excited. He wondered himself...

"Jisoo please calmed me down because I cannot do that by myself!"

Jisoo just chuckled every time he heard that from Jeonghan. Apparently his brother was very excited. "Jeonghan relax... Don't make yourself over excited. Didn't your doctor say that?"

"Yeah, she said that... But!"

"Look, Seungcheol has been sulking since he heard that news of Mingyu coming here."

Jeonghan bit his lips and hinting with his eyes. "You go comfort him, Jisoo."

"Why me when all he want is your attention?"

Jeonghan shook his head. He didn't dare to even stand by Seungcheol's side right now. He just felt like a traitor even when he never took any of

Seungcheol's affection seriously.

"It's already the time that he has to realize that we are just friends..."

"You'll hurt him."

"I know," Jeonghan said and looked at Jisoo. "Do you hate me for hurting him?"

Jisoo shrugged.

"You can hate me for that, Jisoo."

"No, it's so stupid. You just been living your fantasies about Mingyu that nobody knows would even happen for real. That was our reason why we didn't tell Seungcheol. I know you were just tried to protecting Seungcheol’s heart..."

"Yeah, he doesn't need to know useless thing that would never happen in the future. But it's happening, so he needs to know..."

Jisoo sighed and hugged Jeonghan. "I love you both, I can't choose either to hate or love you more. You came back to us is what made me love you more. And I thought that was enough, but thinking that you'll hurt Seungcheol..."

"I never intend to... The leave and the thing with Seungcheol..."

"Don't say that. I know you'll eventually leave to live with Mingyu later..."

"Eventually, huh? I think you and Seungcheol too..."

"Shut it, no more about me and Seungcheol. Nothing is gonna happen between us."

"It will, eventually..."

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim looked at Mingyu's backpack in the entrance.

"Mingyu, you're going somewhere?"

Mingyu showed up from the kitchen not long after his mom called him. "What?"

"You're going somewhere? Aren't you just back home from school?"

"Well, yeah... But I already promised to go to Jeonghanie hyung place?"

"What?"

"I've told you last week!"

Mrs. Kim smiled but frowned. "You did?"

"Oh, mom! I've promised him already! Don't say no, please?"

She chuckled and ruffled Mingyu's hair, it's so rare to saw Mingyu this excited. "I know, I'm just teasing you. I even prepare some things for him. Wait here!" she said when Mingyu looked so ready to leave, she went to the kitchen. "Here! Make sure you give this to him and his family there!"

"Okay, I will," he said and took the gift. “Oh, food?”

Mingyu saw his mom nodded. “It’s Jeonghan’s favorite,” she said happily but then it turned into a sad smile. “It’s so weird to imagine that Jeonghan was actually alive but live with a family I don’t know at all… Makes me wonder why we couldn’t find him at all back then. I really want to bring him back here…”

“I know… I wish he would just come back here…”

“But I’m still glad that he alive, even without a single memory of us… that’s why we can’t force him.”

“Yeah, but I will work my hard to make him remember us.”

Mrs. Kim laughed. Well, she thought that working hard was seriously Mingyu’s favorite phrase since he was little.

"Be careful, okay? Say hi to Jeonghan from me."

Mingyu hugged his mom tight after she said that.

 

 

 

Jeonghan saw Jisoo talking to Seungcheol to make him stop sulking. The sulky Seungcheol could be hard to tame, especially if it was related to Jeonghan. Jisoo turned his head to look at Jeonghan and shook his head. The blonde haired guy sighed and walk toward his friends.

"Cheol, what do you want?" Jeonghan asked.

"Told Mingyu to stay away from us," Seungcheol said.

"Why?"

"Isn't it enough, just the three of us, Jeonghanie?" Seungcheol grabbed on Jeonghan's hand and it softly. And then he looked into Jeonghan's eyes with his hopeful eyes. Jeonghan knew that Seungcheol were about to confess to him.

"Please don't."

Seungcheol sighed. "So you know..."

"I always know. No, both of us always know."

Seungcheol turned to look at Jisoo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter