I Missed You Already

The Missing Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Call me when you remember something...”

 

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan smiled gently when he saw his mom in the kitchen. He approached her and hugged her.

“Good morning, Mom.”

The lady smiled and hugged him back. “Good morning, Hanie.”

Jeonghan realized that he needed to cherish what was in front of him. Not asking too much, also be humble and be grateful. This family has thought him a lot of great lessons. Jeonghan was grateful he ended up with this family.

“What's for breakfast?” Jisoo suddenly came in and he frowned. “What are you two doing...?”

Jeonghan and his mom giggled. “Come here, Jisoo-ya...” Jeonghan said and open his arm.

“Ugh, no, thanks. I have enough hug, I don't need a hug right now. I just need food.”

“Well, I am cooking some pancakes right now, you two can wait a bit?”

“Uhm, three... please?”

Mrs. Hong raised his eyebrows and chuckled when he saw Seungcheol's head, she already knew that this boy sometimes sneak into this house since morning. “Okay, I'll make it three then...”

 

After having their breakfast, the three of them went outside to breathe the fresh air, Jeonghan said.

“You were staying in the city less than 24 hours and you already need our fresh air back?” Seungcheol asked, rolled his eyes. Jeonghan pouted.

“You won't believe how thick of smoke the air in the city was. You might wanna bare handed choke yourself,” Jeonghan replied.

“Huh, I'm not that weak!”

“Oh, yeah?”

And that's it. Jisoo had to stand between them again before they killed each other.

“Really you two...” Jisoo said while face palming.

 

They walked around the village; to the market, the shops, city hall, their school yard, the river bank, and the woods. It was quite tiresome but it was fun. Jeonghan loved to walk around anyway. And his two best friends just loved to see Jeonghan happy.

“Hey, let's have a camping at the river bank!”

Jisoo and Seungcheol frowned. “Huh?” they responded at Jeonghan sudden idea.

“We never sleep outdoor again. I think it would be fun.” Jeonghan smiled and shrugged, excitedly. He started to let out his inner cuteness every time he wanted something.

“Isn't it just literally behind our backyard?”

Jeonghan chuckled. “Yes it is.”

“So it will have the same view, right?”

“Yes.”

“So what's so special about that?”

Jeonghan shrugged again. “It just... feels nostalgic? I guess?”

Both of his friends, once again, frowned.

“We were once done that, right? And we were both staring at the stars far away. At the day, we went fishing at the river and you were bragging when you almost got your first fish but it got away, and you cried...” Jeonghan smiled while he looked far to the sky above. But the sun shone too bright, it hurt his eyes, so he lowered back his head and looking at his two best friends. “I gave you my fish so you will stop crying. But you refused, because you didn't want to lose from me.”

Seungcheol looking at Jisoo, thought Jeonghan mean it was with Jisoo, but Jisoo shrugged and shook his head. Jeonghan noticed how confused his friends, so he stopped talking.

“None of you remember that?” he asked. They shook their head. “But we did once, right?” he asked, he began to be very confused.

“Yeah, but that's not quite the right episode...” Seungcheol said.

“Also, you said both, Hanie...” Jisoo said carefully.

“And there are always 3 of us...” Seungcheol added.

“And you know I can't fish...” Jisoo added too.

“And my first catch was when I went fishing with my dad and my grandfather.” Seungcheol also claimed.

Jeonghan blinked in confused. None of his friends knew this story. Jeonghan was fine if this is about forgetting things—since what he always did best from the beginning was forgetting—but

 

Remembering...?

 

Suddenly tears were falling down from his eyes. Jisoo and Seungcheol looked at each other. Did they say something wrong?

“Oh, so... that was just me... and Mingyu?”

Jeonghan smiled happily, despite all the tears running down his cheeks. He finally remembered, even just one thing. He had a memory, and it was a good memory. Jeonghan couldn't be happier than this.

“Oh, no! Jeonghan!”

 

 

 

Mingyu went home with his parents. And he hugged his mom for the whole Sunday. He and his mom didn't say anything much at their ride home, nor actually have any appetite when his dad asked what food they want to eat. His dad was the one who ended up doing all the house works, even his mom told him that the 3 of them better just do nothing today and stayed like this.

“Kitchen won't cook by itself, and stomach cannot be full by itself too,” his dad said. “You two can stay like that for today and I'll do the cooking. At least you two have to eat something.”
When his dad went away to grocery, Mingyu finally said something.

“Mom, I'm so sorry...”

His mom sighed and said, “Why are you apologizing?”

“I should have called you sooner, when he was still there...”

Her hugged got tightened. “Don't be. I am so glad he's still alive, and you found him.”

“He actually came to me first, but I stupidly ignored the door bell,” he said. “I almost missed him again...”

His mom patted his head lovingly. “Just relax, at least you two have finally met,” She smiled, but Mingyu didn't see that. “And you shouldn't underestimate parents' pray for their children.”

Mingyu chuckled. “What? So, you were praying that I and Jeonghan hyung will find each other?”

“Of course! As long as Jeonghan is alive, you will always find him, or the other way round!”

Mingyu laughed at his mom's silly pray. It sounded like she really was watching too much fairy tale themed TV dramas.

“Don't laugh! You're being disrespectful to your parents and your parents-in-law!”

Mingyu didn't drink anything but he choked. “Parents-in-what?!”

 

 

 

“How it feels to suddenly remember something?” Jisoo asked while they sat on the edge of Jeonghan's bed. Jeonghan suddenly become unconscious after remembered about his past. Seungcheol immediately catch him before he reach the ground and bring him back to Jisoo's house. He woke up about 10 minutes later.

“Weird, like it has been there, but I didn't realize that it was the forgotten one.”

“What? So you actually remember everything?”

“Uhm, no? Well... it was just suddenly popping out of my head. I don't even think that I controlled my own mind that moment...” Jeonghan said. He saw how worried his two friends. “This feels like betrayed by your own head, you know?” Jeonghan said and chuckled, tried to act like it was cool and funny.

“Jeonghan, do you miss Mingyu already?” Jisoo asked.

Jeonghan smiled. “I don't know... But somehow, if we meet again I wanna pat his head...” he chuckled again.

“What?”

“Oh, well... He looked like a big puppy, actually...”

“You're a freak...” Seungcheol squinted and shook his head. "What is so good about this Kim Mingyu anyway?" He added that question as a mumbles, but both Jisoo and Jeonghan heard that clearly.

“Aw, Cheol... You want me to pat your head too?”

“Yea, I brought you here, you should reward me someth—”

Jisoo suddenly hit Seungcheol's head.

"What the f—Jisoo?"

Jisoo just rolled his eyes and then back to Jeonghan. “Did he leave something for you, Hanie?” He asked. And Jeonghan nodded.

“Well, he gave me his number.”

Jisoo and Seungcheol raised their eyebrows and suddenly being so loud about it. Jisoo was excited to know about their development in the future, meanwhile Seungcheol don't want it.

“Call him! Call him! I want to hear his voice!” Jisoo shouted excitedly.

“No, don't. Why would you accept that number?!” Seungcheol shouted in panic.

"Why wouldn't I?" Jeonghan asked back.

"H-he is a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter