The Recall: Sorry I Can't Keep My Promise

The Missing Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I want to go with Hanie hyung!"

"Baby, you can't. See, you still got your fever..."

Mrs. Kim sighed watching Mingyu crying and stomped on the ground, being the annoying baby boy he was.

"No! It's not fever, Mom. Please?"

"You can't. You'll be a burden to aunty and uncle, and also Jeonghanie."

Mingyu run to his room. Mrs. Kim was looking at Jeonghan next to her.

"He never listened to me. I bet he is packing his clothes right now. What a stubborn kid..."

Jeonghan was actually also felt sad that he couldn't go camping with Mingyu. But let Mingyu who is having a fever to stay in the mountain's cold weather is not a good idea.

"Jeonghanie, you should talk to him."

"Me?"

Mrs. Kim nodded.

"He only listened to you."

 

Jeonghan went into Mingyu's room. And yes, he is packing his stuffs as his mom told.

"Mingyu...?"

Mingyu stop packing and look at his hyung. He run to the older boy and hug him. Jeonghan chuckled, and then he touched Mingyu's cheeks and put his own forehead on his little brother's forehead.

"Your face is hot. You should rest on the bed, you know? Mom said if you want to recover, you should take your medicine and rest."

Jeonghan said and brought Mingyu to his bed.

Mingyu is crying again and clung into Jeonghan's arm. Jeonghan smiled when Mingyu followed him and really was listening to him and stop screaming like he screamed to his mom.

Jeonghan told Mingyu to rest on the bed and he gave the younger his own rabbit doll. The younger hugged it tight.

"It can be your best buddy."

"But you're my best buddy, hyung."

Jeonghan giggled.

"I mean, your best buddy when I'm not here."

Jeonghan words make Mingyu pouted.

"Are you going to leave me, hyung...?"

"No, I will be here."

"Can I go with you and aunty and uncle?"

"Of course, after you recover."

"Really?"

"Yes. But you need to promise me to be a good boy. Do you understand?"

Mingyu nodded briefly.

"So I can go with you?"

Jeonghan nodded. Mingyu smiled and gave Jeonghan his pinky finger.

"Promise?"

"Promise!"

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim sighed when she saw Mingyu crying. The boy was crying because his Jeonghanie hyung had not returned from his camp with his parents.

"Mingyu-ya..."

"I want hyung!"

She hurry came to hug Mingyu. His baby boy has lost his best friend and his beloved brother but he didn't understand why, and she can't force him to understand.

"I want to see Jeonghanie hyung..."

Mingyu keep crying and screaming. It's been a couple months and Jeonghan never return. Mingyu missed him so much.

"I've been a good boy, Mom. I didn't even fight other boys! And they keep talk bad about hyung. I hate them, but I didn't fight them, because Jeonghan hyung told me that I have to be a good boy..."

"I know, I know... You've been a very nice boy..."

"Will he come back home, Mom?"

 

Kim family did asked a rescue team to find Jeonghan. But after ten months, the team said they better gave up. They couldn't say anything since the evidence to this accident was nearly zero, so they agreed to stop the search. In the end, they could only hope someone found him and take care of him.

 

 

 

Mingyu finally understand.

He was 13 when he decide to accept the reality that Jeonghan will never return, but he still didn't know why this is could happened and it hurt him so bad.

He kept telling himself that Jeonghan is a liar.

"You told me that you'll take me with you!"

He screamed and threw away the rabbit doll Jeonghan gave him to the wall.

"I've said don't leave me! But why!"

Mrs. Kim heard that. She immediately went to Mingyu's room and found her son crying and kept hitting the rabbit doll.

"I hate you! I hate you! Don't bother to come back!"

 

 

 

Jeonghan was 10 when he had his first recall. Jisoo woke him up when he suddenly crying in his sleep.

"Ng... It's hurt..."

"Jeonghan, are you okay?"

Jeonghan opened his eyes after he heard Jisoo's voice called him. He breathed hard, the dream felt so real he could felt the hurt all over his body.

"Jisoo-ya..."

"Hmm?"

"Sleep with me, please?"

Jisoo dragged his pillow and climbed up Jeonghan's bed.

"You're okay, Hanie?"

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter