Chapter Two

Soulmate

When Youngjae arrived at the school the next morning, she was not ready for the commotion.

Not at all.

So when one of the girls that she walked by on her way to her locker accidentally bumped into her, Youngjae grabbed her by her collar and pulled her so that they're facing each other, nose touching.

"Listen here, you dumb fake bimbo. Bump into me again and I'll have you six feet under my feet, got it?" And when the girl nodded, Youngjae pushed her back with a strong enough force that sent her straight to the floor, landing on her . Giving the girl one last glare, Youngjae flipped her hair back and walked away.

Four lockers away from her own, Youngjae spotted her giant friend without any problem.

"Good morning!" Zelo sang, causing Youngjae to whince.

"Shut up. You're too loud, you giant tree." Youngjae scowled, throwing her locker open.

"Oh, hush. You love me anyways." Zelo replied, giving Youngjae the only smile she would use when she's with her.

"I can easily change that, too."

"Oh come on. You should be happy. He's coming back today."

Youngjae dropped her books and looked up to her friend. "W-what did you say? W-who's coming back?"

"The man that you've been waiting for all summer. He's coming back."

~*~*~

True to her words, after when Zelo had said this morning, Youngjae received a text five minutes before lunch.

Yoo Kihyun: Come find me. Roof top. Be here or be squared.

And so as soon as the bell rang for lunch, Youngjae dashed out of the room, not bothering to apologize when she accidentally run into a teacher. She kept on running. Down the hall, up the stairs, down another hall, and going up more stairs, she never stopped, even when she when through the doors that leads her to roof.

"OPPA!"

The only other person on this roof top turned around, and caught the overly happy and excited Youngjae. The two laughed as Kihyun spun Youngjae in circles, Youngjae's arms wrapped tightly around his neck, and Kihyun's wrapped around her waist.

"Yah! You grew so much!" Kihyun said, setting Youngjae back on her feet.

"Says you! Who would have thought Mr. Goody two shoes would dye his hair to pink." Youngjae , taking a strand of his pink hair.

"Oh hush it, kid." He rolled his eyes, flicking Youngjae's forehead before sitting down on an abandoned couch.

"So, where have you been? You disappeared for almost two years now." Youngjae asked, sitting down next to her bestest friend beside Himchan and Zelo.

Looking over at Youngjae, Kihyun looked at her for a while before sighing. "I was... Taking a break."

"Because of your voice, right?"

Kihyun nodded before asking, "Did Shownu tell you?"

"If you call forcing the answer out of him as telling me, then yeah. He did."

The two continued to talk, ignoring the bells that signaled for the end of lunch and classes. When school ended, the two walked together, along with Zelo, who they bumped into on their way towards the entrance of the school, to the train station. Knowing that Youngjae has to go to her part time job right after school, Kihyun offered to walk her to the station while doing some catch up.

"So you still haven't gotten any signs for your soulmate? It's impossible. You get it on your eighteenth birthday, which was yesterday."

"Oppa, not everyone gets it the day of their eighteenth birthday. That's only if you actually knew who the person is before they become your soulmate. And in your case, Shownu oppa has been by your side ever since you were 5, so obviously, you would get your sign on your eighteenth birthday. Even Z knows this." Youngjae replied, earning a nod from Zelo and a frown from Kihyun. Youngjae hasn't told Kihyun about her parents, so she tried her best to hide her pain when she talks about birthdays.

"Whatever. I'll see you tomorrow." Kihyun said and Youngjae looked around to see that she's at the station.

"Yeah. Bye, oppa."

"What? I don't get a bye?" Zelo asked after gasping dramatically. Rolling her eyes, Youngjae got onto her tippy toes and ruffled Zelo's hair.

"Bye, you dork."

~*~*~*~

That night, as Youngjae was walking home, she began to think about her soulmate.

What if I never find mine? I mean, it's possible. I've seen cases where someone ended up getting married to someone who's not their soulmate. Would that happen to me?

Walking down the busy street, which is weird considering that it's 2 in the monring, Youngjae caught herself glaring angrily at a couple a block from her.

Why can't I be happy? Was I not good enough of a daughter that my parents both died on my birthday?

Clearly still in her thinking, Youngjae accidentally bumped her shoulder against someone else's, causing Youngjae to snap back into reality.

"Watch where you're going, bi— Oh. Damn." The guy said, putting on a sickening smile that Youngjae wants to wipe off very badly.

"Watch where YOU are going, head." Youngjae snapped.

"Woah. Didn't know a hottie like you would have such a bad mouth. You are one naughty girl." Another guy said, and suddely, Youngjae found herself out numbered.

"Since we're going to a pub near here, mind joining us?" The third one said, grabbing onto her forearm.

"Don't touch me." Youngjae growled, pulling back her arm.

"Awe, don't be like that babe."

"Who the hell is your babe?" Youngjae raised an eyebrow at him, making a face of disgust.

"Well, you clearly aren't taken by anyone so I don't see why you can't come out with me."

"And she clearly is, so move away from her, or I'll deal with you myself." A new voice joined, causing all heads to snap towards the person.

A guy, who Youngjae recognizes as her school's student council president, walked up to the little circle the three guys had formed around Youngjae. Out of instinct, the guys moved away from Youngjae as he got to the circle, grabbed Youngjae's wrist and pulled her away.

"Im Jaebum, am I correct?" The guy who Youngjae bumped in to asked, causing Jaebum to turn back, facing him.

"I'm glad you know who you're messing with, especially on his  territory. You're lucky it's not Mark who you're dealing with right now." He replied before walking away, pulling Youngjae with him.

When the two were out of ear shot, Jaebum stopped, dropped Youngjae wrist and turned around to face her. Youngjae, who was clearly not paying attention and ended up bumping into his chest.

"The ? Why'd you stop walking so suddenly?" Youngjae asked, glaring at him while rubbing her nose.

"Pay attention to where you're walking." Jaebum replied, crossing his arms. "Where are you here?"

"What?" Taken aback from his question, Youngjae stopped glaring and widened her eyes.

"It's 2 in the morning. What are you doing wondering around alone?"

"I don't see how this is any of your business." Youngjae replied, crossing her own arms.

"Listen. The world is not that safe for you to walk around alone so late at night, princess. So before you even think about going out alone at night, do your research about the town first." Jaebum snapped and Youngjae went back to glaring at him.

"Why? Are there mafias roaming the streets of Seoul at night?" Youngjae asked as a joke, but when Jaebum didn't laugh, her jaws dropped. "You're kidding, right?"

"Where do you live? I'll walk you home." Jaebum asked, turning around and walked away.

"Why should I tell you? For all I know, you might be one of those mafia members who goes around Seoul, hunting down girls and kidnaping them to sell their organs."

"Yes! I'm one of those people that hunts down girls to sell their organs. Now, if you don't want to be one of them, I suggest you tell me where you live so I can walk you home before I actually sell your organs." Jaebum threatened and Youngjae squealed before speed walking pass Jaebum to lead the way to her apartment. Little did she know, Jaebum shook his head with a smile on his face before following her.

It wasn't until the two reached the bottom of Youngjae's apartment before Youngjae realised something.

"You haven't even told me what your name is." Youngjae stated, facing Jaebum.

"Im Jaebum. Student council president of Dream Star High School." JB introduced himself.

"I didn't ask you to introduce yourself, but nice to meet you. I'm Yoo Youngjae."

~*~*~*~*~

I'M SORRY!!!!!!! SCHOOL HAS BEEN OCCUPYING MY MIND FOR A LONG TIME AND I JUST STARTED WORKING SO I DIDN'T GET ANY TIME TO COME ON AFF. Although everything sounds like an excuse right now, I'm really sorry. Since it's summer now, I would try my best to update as much as possible. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

-Chris