Chapter Four

Soulmate

After what happened at the garden, Daehyun and Youngjae somewhat got closer together. They started out as just greeting each other in the hallways when they pass by each other, to doing homework together in the library after school, to eating with each other during lunch along with Zelo, Kihyun, and Shownu. If any of you were wondering, Kihyun did actually beat Daehyun up for lying to him about Youngjae's whereabouts, which is why Daehyun has been sporting a bruise on his left biceps for two weeks. At first, Youngjae laughed at Daehyun's misfortune, but after a couple of days, she sympathized him since she was the cause to his bruise.

Now that a month of school has passed, the weather suddenly got colder than usual, which isn't weird considering that it's February. But it doesn't make Youngjae any better for that she is now battling the cold without a scarf on. She blames Himchan for making her stay up late last night, giving her only two hours of sleep. Standing at the bus stop, a wind suddenly blew and Youngjae grimced at the coldness she felt. When the wind stopped, Youngjae sighed, pulling her beanie down more to cover her freezing ears while tapping her foot impatiently against the ground, mentally cursing the bus for being so slow.

"Yah. It's literally below negative 5 degrees outside right now. What are you doing without a scarf on?" An all too familiar beating came to her heart when a voice came to Youngjae's ear, making her turn towards her right.

Just like the usual, Youngjae felt a warm feeling inside, taking in the sight of her new friend. Daehyun walked towards her, half of his face hidden behind his black scarf, in which Youngjae is very jealous of. Even though he's in his school uniform, something about him made him stand out more than the other guys that are in their school.

"I wasn't exactly awake this morning." Youngjae replied, digger her freezing hands deeper into her coat pocket.

"You know, I'll never understand why school would make girls wear skirts for their uniform even when it's in the negative degrees outside during winter." Daehyun said, a bit of sympathy in his voice.

"I'm use to it, I guess." Youngjae reponded, yet her shiver said other wise. Daehyun took notice of the shiver and sighed.

"Wait here. If the bus gets here, save me a seat." Was all he said before he walked away, leaving a confused Youngjae standing by herself again.

A couple mintues later, Daehyun came back, two cups of hot chocolate in his hands, just in time the bus got to their stop. Being the last passenger to get onboard, he looked around to look for a specific girl. Once he found her, he sped walked to the empty seat next to her, carefully navigating himself as the bus started to move with two hot baverages in his hands.

"You actually saved me a seat today." Daehyun said, handing Youngjae a cup of hot chocolate when she looked at him from the window.

Murmuring a thanks, she blew on the drink before taking a sip. "That's because I didn't want any strangers sitting next to me. If there hadn't been news about erted men touching girls on public transportations, you can go sit on the hood of this bus for all I care." Taking another sip of her drink, she added, "But you did buy me a hot chocolate, so I guess there could be exceptions."

"So you're just using me for the drink?" Daehyun asked, fake gasping and brought a hand to his heart.

"I didn't say that." Youngjae replied, fighting a smile. But in the end, it did make its way to her face, and Youngjae doesn't bother hidding the smile.

And of course, the two continued to bicker on their way to school, with the only exception of smiling as they playfully fight with each other.


"JB oppa!"

JB looked up from his desk to seeing Bambam walk through the student counsel room's door, pulling a boy who JB is going to guess is a new student. Mark and Jinyoung both also had Bambam's attention as they broke away from their work. Setting his things aside, JB stood up and walked towards the front of his desk, leaning against the desk top on his hands.

"Bam, you know better than just bursting through the doors. We could be having a meeting." Jinyoung scolding the freshman with a frown on her face.

"But you guys aren't. Plus you guys love me. And it's 7 in the morning. No one has time for meetings." Bambam replied, looking at her senior.

"Who's the new kid?" JB asked, changing the subject as Mark smooths out Jinyoung's frown.

"Oh! Guys, meet Choi Youngjae, a new kid in my class. He transfored here from Mokpo. He's a really nice boy, but he's a bit shy." Bambam introduced the boy she's been dragging around the school for the whole day.

Getting up into a standing position, JB made his way to Bambam and Youngjae. Holding out a hand, JB gave the new addition of the school a smile. "Hi. I'm Im Jaebum, but you can call me JB hyung if you want. I'm the student counsel president and the two sitting over there are also in the student counsel," JB pointed towards Mark and Jinyoung who each gave Youngjae a nod or a wave. "If you ever need help for anything, I suggest to never ask Bambam, but ask those that are wearing a tie with a single red strip, like mine." JB continued, earning a small whine from Bambam when he said to not trust her.

Taking JB hand into his own, Youngjae gave a small introduction. "I'm Choi Youngjae. Like Bambam had said, I'm from Mokpo. Uh... I like soccer, singing, and playing video games. Since I'm new, I'm probably going to bother many of you for help on navigating around the school."

"Oh, don't sweat it. We like helping people. It's technically our job anyways." Jinyoung said, walking over to the three. "I'm Jinyoung, by the way. I'm a senior. That this guy is my boyfriend, Mark. He's the vice president of the student counsel. He's also a senior. Not much of a talker, but he does have a great sense of humor. If you ever need help on math related things, you can ask Mark. And I can help you in literature." She introduced herself to Youngjae, shaking his hand.

"I know how to introduce myself, Jinyoungjie." Mark said in English to Jinyoung.

"I know. But I also know you don't like talking to new people, too." Jinyoung replied back in English.

Noticing Youngjae's confusion, JB chuckled. "Mark transfered here freshman year from America. If you also need help in English, you can also ask him. As for me, you can ask me for help in history and music."

"And you can ask me for help in anything non-school related." Bambam added, which they all laughed.

"At least you're being honest." JB .

"You guys seem really close." Youngjae made a comment once they all calm down from their laugh.

"We just connect more, I guess. Everyone has their own little group in this school, but we can always use a little new addition. Plus, we're in need of a seventh person for our group." Jinyoung said, resting a hand on his shoulder.

"What do you mean, the seventh, noona?"

"Oh, you're going to find out soon." Bambam replied, giving Youngjae a smile.

~*~*~

Lunch came sooner than Youngjae though, or maybe it's because she was sleeping during class most of the time. But either way, Youngjae was the first out the door, dashing down the halls for the cafeteria. And like most of the time, Youngjae got her favorite bread and strawberry milk.

"I'll never understand what's so good about curry bread." Zelo said, sitting down in front of Youngjae at their usual table.

"Because she's weird." Kihyun replied to Zelo, taking a seat next to her with Shownu next to him.

"How could anyone not like curry bread?" Youngjae asked, which she quickly added, "It's a rhetorical question."

"But eating just break is not enough for that stomach of yours. Plus, eating bread everyday is not healthy for you." Kihyun reasoned, which caused not only Youngjae, but the other two as well to roll their eyes.

"You say that everyday, yet you don't see me change, so your statement is invalid." Youngjae countered, taking a bigger bite off of her bread.

"Where's Daehyun?" Shownu asked towards Youngjae, hoping that it could distract his boyfriend and Youngjae.

"How would I know?" Youngjae replied, taking a sip of her strawberry milk.

"He wasn't in class today, which was weird." Kihyun commented.

"YOUNGJAE!"

"Here comes the devil." Youngjae sighed, but the three at the table doesn't miss the smile on her face.

As Daehyun ran to their table, the four watched as he bumped into multiple people, almost tripped himself three times, and almost tackling a freshman, much to the four's amusment.

"Yah!" Daehyun gave Youngjae a pat on the shoulder, sitting down next to her.

"What do you want, Daebutt?" He handed her a piece of paper, which she recognize as the flyer to the school's music festival. "What's this?"

"Want to join the competition with me?" Daehyun asked, smiling at the junior.

"What competition?"

"Appearently, the school decided to put in a competiton for this year's music fest. Basically, you enter to competite in dancing, rapping, or singing. Last time, people complained about how it was only instruments for the competiton, so this year, the cousel took off the instrument part, and put in singing and so on." Kihyun explained, leaning against Shownu, who wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"Oh yeah. I was gonna tell you about it, but I forgot." Zelo sheepishly smiled at Youngjae.

"I'm not all that interested anyway."

"Oh. You're not?" Hearing the sound of defeat coming from Daehyun, Youngjae turned towards him.

"I'll go watch. But I don't want to stand on stage, being stared at by people I barely know." She tried to reason with Daehyun, which worked a bit.

"You promise?"

"Promise."


"Am I the only one that think Youngjae seonbae is annoying?" Yeri asked, looking at the table where Youngjae is sitting at.

"No. I think she's so overconfident in herself that she thinks she higher than everyone." Newsun replied, glaring at the back of Youngjae's head. "I mean, who does she think she is, getting close to Daehyun oppa like that."

"Urg, I KNOW RIGHT?! But she's so pretty." Eunha groaned, but everyone turned to look at her with a glare. "What?"

"We need to teach her a lesson." Sumin slammed her hand down on the table, causing those who were sitting around them to turn towards their table. "What are you looking at, ugly?" She said to a girl who especially gave them a look.

"But how?" Minjae asked, looking at their leader.

"Well, first, we need to get her alone." Nahyun replied, crossing her arms. "And honestly, I agree on giving Youngjae seonbae a lesson. She's pushed down too many people that I know."

"Euijin would love to be here for this discussion. But she was one of those that got hurt from Youngjae seonbae." High.D said with an angered tone.

"Everyone here was once hurt because of her. Especially Sumin unnie." D.ana scoffed and looked just in time to see Daehyun ruffling Youngjae's hair. "Yah! Did you guys see that?!"

"Why is oppa touching her hair?" Yeri asked, gasping in surprise.

"I can't do this anymore. We need to do something! She's stealing my boyfriend!" Sumin screeched.

"We will. But we have to plan it." Minjae comforted her leader.

"Well, here's what I think..." Nahyun started and they all leaned in to listen.

"Do you think it would work?" Eunha asked, looking over to Youngjae's table again.

"Of course it will. We'll make sure of it." Yeri replied, balling her fist up.

"When are we going to do it?" Newsun asked and the girls looked towards Sumin.

She thought about it before an evil smile appeared on her face.

"We'll do it on the day of the festival."


So for some reason, the ending sentences didn't get uploaded last night so I just added it. Also, I'm sorry for antagonizing idols you might like, but I just needed some people to be the bad ones so...yeah. Anyways! As always, please comment, share, like, or whatever you want to do after you finish reading. But seriously, do comment things that I would need to fix or change so I can make this fanfic more enjoyable.

Thanks!

-Christine