Chapter One

Soulmate

School isn't exactly Youngjae's favorite thing in the world. Waking up at 6 every morning and not getting home until 9 or later is never on her to do list. But what can she do? She has to go to school, stay after for student counsel, and then go to her part time jobs(yes. Plural because she needs them).

Her parents passed away when she was 10 in a car accident. It's unfortunate that both of her parents are the only child in their family, and her grandparents are long dead before she was born. Forced to take care of herself at the age of 10, Youngjae is forced to grow up and mature faster than the average, normal kids her age. Good thing, she grew up being more mature than the kids her age.

Now then, as Youngjae chucks her fifth alarm against the wall, smashing it into pieces, her got up, groaning in annoyance and dragged herself out of bed. Walking to her bathroom, she grabbed her uniform on the way, and went into her bathroom. In less than 5 minutes, she came out, fully dressed and ready to go.

If anyone see her right now, they wouldn't have known that she's a girl that barely gets 4 hours of sleep in every night. Last part time job ends at 9:30, gets home at 10 and then homework for the rest. Sad, right? But not for Youngjae. She doesn't find it sad. She just finds it as something that she has to do to survive. Her parents' inheritance is something she dare not to touch unless she really needs to, which is never because she doesn't find the need for using money.

As she prepares for her breakfast, her phone started ringing. Without looking at the caller I.D, she picked up the phone.

"Morning, babe. Did you smash another alarm clock and break my wall again?" Youngjae rolled her eyes at the caller. But her eyes widened at the last statement.

"H-how did you know? DID YOU SET UP CAMERAS, YOU CREEP??"

"Yoo Youngjae! I did NOT raise you up like this!" The caller shouted into her ear through the phone, causing Youngjae to put a scowl on her face and pull her phone away to save her poor ear.

"For the record, Himchan unnie, you didn't raise me. All you did was visit me ever so often and buy me food once or twice." Youngjae said once her caller calmed down from her shouting.

"Non-sense! I did raise you!" Himchan reasoned as Youngjae scoffed and bit into her toast.

"Right. Well, you can't really do that since you are kind of across the globe right now. Which reminds me, how's New York, unnie?" Youngjae asked, pouring herself a cup of coffee that just finished brewing.

Himchan found Youngjae when she was 12. The twelve year old Youngjae was five steps away from getting herself into trouble with six girls that is obviously at least seven years older than her. And as much as Himchan was taken aback by Youngjae's braveness at the time, she didn't have the time to watch as one of the girls was about to slap Youngjae. Stepping in in time to catch the girl's hand, Himchan gave them each a glare before releasing the girl and shooing them away. Ever since that day, Youngjae has been living with the 16 year old Himchan. But just after Youngjae turned 16, the 20 year old Himchan decided to go study abroad in New York so she gave the small apartment to Youngjae before moving out.

"It's fantastic! I finally found my soulmate!" Himchan squealed into the phone, causing Youngjae to spit out her coffee in shock.

"Did you really?"

"Yup. I found him last night when I was in my shift at the cafe I'm working at. Turns out, he's an underground rapper back in Korea and is on vacation in New York for a while to look for some inspiration." Himchan said excitedly, filling her little sister in on everything about her soulmate as Youngjae cleans up her mess and washes the dishes.

"What's his name?"

"Bang Yongguk. He's tall and tanned. Pretty built. He's got a tattoo across his chest, the inner part of his right arm, and one on his forearm. Also one on the back of his shoulder. And he's got black hair. And his voice! Oh my god, his voice. It's so deep and y. Youngjae, I found myself a pretty hot soulmate. It's so unreal yet, it is real." Himchan said, and Youngjae chuckled at her.

"Well, I'm glad you found your soulmate." Youngjae said, grabbing her backpack. In the next minute, she was out the door.

"Hey. Don't worry! You'll find yours soon." Himchan reassures her as she walks down the stairs.

"You don't know that for sure. Who would fall in love with a bad girl that is nothing but trouble?" Youngjae replied, walking out onto the street towards her bus stop.

"You're soulmate." Himchan said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Plus, you promised me not to cause trouble again. I won't be there to save you in time like how I did five years ago."

"I know. Listen, I'll call you later tonight, unnie. My bus is almost here." Youngjae said as she watch her bus slowly approaching the stop.

"Alright. Oh, happy eighteenth birthday, babe."

Youngjae froze on the spot and stared down the the ground. "I don't celebrate birthdays, unnie. I thought I made it very clear before."

There was a moment of silence on the other line before Himchan sighed. "I'm sorry. I still think you should try and be happy for just today."

"You know I can't be happy today." Youngjae said, looking at the bus that stopped in front of her.

"My parents died on my birthday."

~*~*~*~

"Miss Yoo. Do you know how late you are?" Mrs. Park, Youngjae's history teacher, asked, looking at Youngjae through the top of her glasses.

"Oh, relax. I was only 10 minutes late. Besides, I don't think I'm the only one that is late to your class, Mrs. Park." Youngjae smirked as the back door of the class slid open, revealing three boys that each had a sheepish smile on their face.

Turning her attention away from Youngjae, Mrs. Park began to yell at those three boys. Taking this as a chance to escape, Youngjae quietly walked to her seat, which is all the way in the back of the class, next to the window.

"How were you late to class? I legit saw you at your locker 20 minutes ago."  Her friend, Zelo, whispered to her as she sat down.

"I had to get my mind off of something." Youngjae replied, earning her a chalk to the head.

Looking up, she saw Mrs. Park with fumes coming out of her nose and Youngjae gave her a smile. When Mrs. Park turned back around to write on the board with another chalk in her hand, Youngjae flipped her off, causing some to sneaker around her.

Half way through the class, Youngjae slowly drifted off into her dreamland. Noticed by Zelo, she scooted closer to the wall, blocking Youngjae's sleeping form from being seen by the monotone teacher up front. When the bell rang, Youngjae woke up from her slumber and stretched.

"That was a good nap." Youngjae commented and Zelo laughed.

The two stood up and walked out of their class, heading towards their locker.

"I don't get it, unnie." Zelo shook her head.

"What don't you get?" Youngjae asked, opening her locker to grab the next text book.

"How you can still manage to stay on top of the class even though you're sleeping in almost all of them." Zelo said, shaking her head.

"I just do." Youngjae shrugged, slamming her locker close.

"Who knew the baddest girl in the school is so smart." Zelo , earning her a slap upside her head. "Ow!"

"Tease me again and I'll make sure you're the next person I'll bury six feet under." Youngjae threatened but Zelo knew she didn't mean it. They've been friends for as long as she's been friends with Himchan.

As they walked back to their class, screams broke out as crowds of students began to run, forming two lines along the wall just to see a certain someone's face.

"Here comes the ever so popular student council president." Zelo sang as her friend rolled her eyes. Youngjae began to walk away and her friend gasped. "You don't want to meet him?"

"Why would I? I've seen his face enough around the school. Besides, his face disgusts me." Youngjae made a face as she replied to her best friend. "Let's go, Z."

As the two walked away, Youngjae took a chance to glance back. Yet when she did, the student council president was already staring at her. Suddenly, there was a tug in her heart when they met eyes, and she whipped her head back and started walking faster.

What the hell was that?

 

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this!! :)