thoughts

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a week and Tori and Taehyung met up almost every day at the library, researching and putting together their project. Tori would find Taehyung staring into her eyes in awe every so often but when she looked up at him, he'd avoid her eyes, looking back at his books shyly.

She couldn't understand what was happening.

Everyone say brown eyes when they looked at her. She was so certain that she was just seeing things when she saw purple eyes.

A guy would fall in love with her as soon as they made eye contact. She would be able to read a guy's mind by just looking into their eyes.

But this boy didn't seem to be interested in anything but her eyes. And she definitely couldn't read his thoughts.

What was happening?

Tori was sitting in her literature lecture when her phone vibrated.

The Cute Nerd

She opened it to see his text.

Victoria, the library is closed after 4 today, what should we do?

She sighed, texting him back immediately.

Really? My lecture finished at 4:30

I know, that's why we have a problem.

He knew my schedule?

Tori shook her head.

Of course he does, we've been meeting up every day, it would be weirder if he didn't know my schedule.

Are any of the study rooms open?

Nope.

Crap.

Do you...

Do I what?

Do you wanna do it at my place?

Tori almost dropped her phone. He was inviting her into his home.

Victoria?

His message came a minute after, clearly wanting to know so he can arrange something.

For work. He was inviting her over to his home, for work.

Okay, yeah, your home is fine, if that's alright with you.

Yeah, I'm okay with it. I'll meet you outside your lecture room and we can go once you're done.

Sounds good.

"Hey!" she beamed, seeing Taehyung standing by the door, shifting his weight on one foot at a time.

He looked up at her voice.

"H-Hey," he said once she reached him.

She smiled at how shy he was. She couldn't help but somehow become compelled to the way he would always lower his eyes when she tried to look at him, or how we would constantly stutter when he felt her eyes on him.

"So are we going to go now or...?"

He looked up, "Oh... yeah, that's right, okay, follow me."

"Do you live far?" Tori asked, walking beside Taehyung as they journeyed out of campus.

"Uhm no, it's a five minute walk from campus."

"Really? Wow, you're so lucky to find a place so close."

"I guess," he agreed and turned into an apartment building and opened the door for her.

"Thank you," she smiled at him but he didn't see, he was just looking right at the floor the whole time.

When they got on the elevator, Taehyung pressed the 7 button and they waited, in comfortable silence until the doors opened again.

"So I was reading somewhere the other day," he started talking once he had unlocked the door and was walking down the corridor, "That some population-based studies show that atherosclerosis, the major precursor of cardiovascular disease, begins in childhood." He had put the keys in a little bowl on the bench and sat on a long counter-like table with high spin-chairs. "Some study demonstrated that intimal lesions appear in all the aortas and more than half of the right coronary arteries of youths aged 7–9 years."

Tori, again, just watched him in awe when he spoke.

He just sounded so... smart.

He stared at her, as if he was waiting for her to say something or to do something. Which he was, he was waiting for her to sit on the chair opposite him so they could get started.

But she thought it was the former.

"Oh okay, that's... great?" she said, in more of a questioning tone than anything and that made him laugh.

"Sit," he told her, indicating the chair across from him, "Don't worry, by the end of this project, you'll be an expert at this."

"I can't be sure of that," she muttered under her breath, hoping he wouldn't have heard her.

"Okay, so where were we yesterday?"

"Uhm..." Tori pulled out her laptop and passed it to Taehyung while she turned to get some books out of her bag.

He just stared at her, confused but she didn't seem fazed. "My password is rainbow backwards."

"What?"

She snapped her head around, "W-O-B-N-I-A-R, you can't open my laptop without the password."

"Oh... okay," he was more surprised that she was giving the password of her laptop to him to even remember it. But he managed to get it done.

"Did you do it as a word document?" he asked and she nodded, finally accomplished getting the right textbooks and turned back.

"Here it is," he opened the document and put it to the side so both of them could see it."

"Okay so..." Tori scrolled down and stopped where they had ended the day before, showing Taehyung.

"Mind if I just read it real quick?" he asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, of course."

When he was reading, Tori finally got to look around the place. It looked like he had moved in that morning, there were still boxes left unpacked and there weren't any photo frames up or cushions or anything to indicate that someone had been living there since the beginning of the year.

"Okay, we can add in that bit about the study at the end and then we can..."

The two of them were up, researching and adding to their project for the next five hours, and then Tori's stomach interrupted the stubborn silence.

"Oh... sorry," she felt her cheeks blush bright red.

Taehyung looked at his watch, "Oh my gosh it's so late, I'm so s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter