anger

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Can you check under your bed?” Tori asked Taehyung through the phone.

He scurried over and lifted his duvet, bending down.

“Found it!” he said in relief, “I can’t believe you’d forget something as important as your history essay.”

“Well then I guess you don’t know me very well.”

Taehyung frowned, looking down at the papers in his hand, “When’s it due?”

There was a pause before she replied.

“In half an hour… .”

“You far?” he asked, ignoring her use of cuss words.

“Yeah, I’m at home.”

“Alright, I can hand it in for you, just make sure you know you owe me,” he smiled as he put on his coat and headed for the door.

He loved the way he was changing so much after getting involved with Tori.

“Oh and how would you propose I pay you back?” she asked, playing along.

“Hmm… well, I don’t have a dinner date tonight.”

“Aww, that’s so depressing,” she drawled and he could imagine her faking a pout.

“Never mind, I actually think I have plans.”

“I never said I wasn’t agreeing!” she rushed into the phone, making him chuckle.

“Pick you up at seven?”

“Tae,” she sighed, “Remember what I told you? You have to tell me you’re picking me up half an hour earlier than the actual time you’re picking me up, that way I’ll have time to get ready and I won’t be late.”

“Oh that’s right,” he nodded, “Pick you up at six-thirty?”

“Sounds good,” she hummed.

“Talk to you later,” he said, taking his keys out and opening his car door, tossing the papers inside.

“Love you!”

He looked around, making sure there was no familiar faces around before he replied, “Love you too, Victoria.”

--

Taehyung knocked on her door and leaned against the wall, pulling his phone out. He knew it would take her a while to finish getting ready before she opened the door – he was used to it.

The door opened and Tori peeked around it, “Hey!”

He looked up from his phone, smiling, “Hey.”

“Come in, I’m just going to do my hair and then we can get going,” he pushed himself off the wall and turned to face her.

“And here I was thinking you’d already be ready,” he muttered, loud enough for her to hear.

“You want a dinner date tonight or not?” she asked and he laughed.

“I’m asking myself the same question.”

She frowned and walked back inside her apartment. He followed, propping himself on top of the kitchen counter which was right next to the door, figuring he wouldn’t have to be in there that long anyway.

“Want anything to eat?”

“Victoria, we’re literally going out to eat.”

True.

“Okay I’ll be right back,” she said before disappearing into her bedroom again.

Taehyung started looking around, it wasn’t his first time in her apartment but it sure felt like it was. The place had changed since the last time he had visited, last time he remembered huge canvases and paintings lining the walls, but now they were all gone and it looked more simple, more like… his own place.

“What happened to all the… displays?” he asked when Tori came back out.

“Someone got me into minimalistic aesthetic,” she replied, walking to him and standing in front of him. When they were standing normally, he was taller than her but now that he was up on the counter, he was towering over her.

“I wonder who,” he replied curtly, gripping the edges of the table to hop off, but she stopped him, stepping closer and colliding with it.

She rested her arms on his thighs and held his waist, smiling into his eyes.

“Imagine what our lives would be like if Mrs Kim hadn’t paired us up.”

He looked up to the ceiling in thought before focusing back on her, “I don’t… want to imagine that.”

She tilted her head to the side, feeling her eyes well.

I hope that we would have found each other, no matter what.

You’re the only one right for me, Tae. You’re the only one who can see the real me.

He threaded his fingers through her hair, brushing it and she purred, loving it.

Truth be told, he didn’t know what to say at moments like these. It was always Tori initiating all the cheesy conversations and here he was, trying so hard to tell her how he feels, tell her that he was so sure that they would have found a way to be together, but i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter