victoria

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean?"

"I... I don't know how it's possible but... whenever you think something, I... I can hear it."

"Huh?"

"Okay... think of a food and I'll tell you what you're thinking."

"What?"

"Just... do it."

Pizza.

"Pizza," he said and she shook her head.

"No, that was too easy, anyone could have guessed that I was thinking of pizza."

"Okay, try another, one that isn't obvious," he asked, and it felt like a quiz game all of a sudden.

Broccoli

"Broccoli," he guess and her eyes widened.

Can he actually read my thoughts?

"Yes, I can," he sighed, "I didn't know how to tell you this be-"

He stopped when she clamped her hand over his mouth.

"Does that mean..."

Every time I called him cute...

Every time I said he was gorgeous...

When I checked out his ????

Taehyung burst out laughing, "Uh... yeah about that, I can pretend I never heard it..."

She held her hand up, "No, don't say anything, don't- Just don't talk."

"O-Okay..."

She fell back onto the grass.

"This is how all those guys must feel," she whispered.

He raised an eyebrow, "Huh?"

"Never mind," she sighed, "Just... never mind."

He smiled and lay down beside her, "Are you mad?"

"No," she shrugged, "Why would I be mad? I'm not mad. This isn't something to get mad about."

He held her hand in his, "I'm sorry..."

"It's okay, it's not your fault, I'm no-" she rushed out again and he sighed, rolling over and kissing her cheek.

"I'm actually really sorry."

This time her eyes widened and she looked over at him, total confusion painted over her face.

He took his moment to peck her forehead, only making her more surprised.

"I'm sorry for my father, I'm sorry for not making you believe in yourself, I'm sorry for ruining the amazing thing we had, I'm sorry for not telling you about being able to read what goes on in here-" he pointed at her head.

"Tae," she cut him off, "None of that you had control over-"

"Let me finish," he said, "But I promise to do everything to make you happy, to make us happy, to make sure nothing can get in between us again. I promise to empower you and support you whenever you feel down, and I promise to make sure you feel loved every step of the way."

She beamed, "I love you, Tae."

He blinked slowly, not knowing if he could say it back, not because he didn't feel it but because he wasn't sure how to say it.

She seemed to catch on when he rested his forehead against hers. She arched her head up to place a kiss on his jaw.

"Let's not let this go, okay?" she asked, before continuing to kiss down his jaw and finally his lips.

He gasped for air, he wasn't getting used to all this skinship, especially when they hadn't 'been together' for so long.

"Okay," he whispered back.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Taehyung twisted the doorknob, his hand immediately covering his mouth as he stifled a yawn. His eyes were closed as he shuffled to the light switch. Opening his weary eyes to turn the lights on, he realised the room was already lit.

He turned around to see someone standing in front of the kitchen bench, mixing something in a bowl.

"Victoria?"

"You're so late Tae," she sighed, picking up the bowl and pouring the batter into a tray as she looked at the time, "What have you been doing until ten?"

He smiled tiredly, plonking himself on the swivel chair in front of the counter.

"Do you really want to know?" he asked and then turned to look at the two batched of cupcakes she had lined on the table. "What are you up to?"

"Well, I was waiting for you but then when I was just sitting there for a half hour twiddling my thumbs, I realised I could probably make something for book club tomorrow, and turns out you had enough ingredient for my infamous Chandler Cupcakes," she laughed saying it, but he was confused.

"Book club?"

"Yeah, book club," she shrugged like it wasn't the weirdest thing he had heard that day, "I gotta thank that club for my Literature grades."

"You surprise me more and more every day," he smiled, getting up from his seat and walking around the table.

"You look exhausted, by the way," she turned to him, "You alright?"

He nodded, "Mixing Sodium Thiosulfate and Potassium Iodate with Orange Juice for four hours over and over is tiring, let me tell you."

"Oh, really?" she dipped her hand into the flour, "Tae, you got a little something..." reaching forward, she pat his nose and he felt the flour on it.

"Hey!" he whined, smirking as he grabbed a small handful of the substance, sprinkling it on her head.

"You did not just-!"

He laughed, leaning back and grabbing a towel, ing it in front of his face as she tried to plaster the flour all over him. When that failed, she resorted to tickling him instead, making him run around to the sofa. She managed to hug her arms around his waist in a tight hold and tickled him so much that he lost his breath.

But just when she thought he had given up, he threw her onto the sofa and started tickling her in her place.

"Yah! Kim Taehyung!" she managed to let out and he laughed, falling back onto the ground, his head leaning against the sofa.

"You still tired?" she asked, leaning down, kissing his cheek.

He turned his head, closing his eyes, "Beat."

"We're going to have youo try my secret formula, you can't tell anyone about this okay?" she hopped off the couch and walked over to the kitchen, "It's a definite cure to lethargy but not too many people can know about it."

He chuckled, "Alright."

Coming back, she handed him a cupcake and sat down next to him, "The Chandler Cupcake is sure to make you feel better, it's sure to wake you up."

"You don't have drugs or anything in this, do you?"

"Seriously, Tae..." she rolled her eyes.

He smiled and took a bite while she watched him intently.

"What's it like? Is it nice?"

His eyes widened, "Wow! So you are good at something," he sighed, "Why did I not find out about this earlier."

She pinched his waist. "Do you want me to leave?"

"Ow!" he whined and she turned, resting her head on his shoulder.

"You sure you're alright?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're over working yourself, Tae."

"Nah," he shook his head, "I'm not doing anything that I didn't used to do."

"Who said you didn't used to overwork yourself either?"

"Victoria..."

"I'm just saying," she curved her head to look up at him, "I can't have my boyfriend tire himself like this every day."

He smiled, "Sorry, I'll try not to, okay?"

"Promise?"

"Victoria we're not five," he frowned at her holding out her pinkie but she shook her head.

"Promise?"

Sighing, he caved, twisting his own pinkie around hers.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"How many kids do you want?" she asked, playing with his hair while he lay in her lap as they watched Running Man.

"Huh?"

"Children, how many do you want?"

"Uh..." she looked down to see him flinch, "I don't want children."

"What?!" she almost jumped out of her seat, "What do you mean you don't want children?"

"I-I dunno, the thought of me... being a father scares me..."

She raised an eyebrow.

"What are you talking about?"

"It's just... I never had a proper father, I don't know how to be one," he sighed, "I don't want to raise a child not knowing if I'll be a good father, or run out like how he did to me."

She paused the show, lifting Taehyung up to sit properly and looked into his eyes.

"Tae," she whispered, cupping his jaw with one hand, "You'll be a great father."

"I don't want my child to-"

"Listen to me," she repeated, "Tae, you know what's important in life, love, happiness, family, you know what a child needs in order to grow. Your wonderful mother raised you right, just because your father wasn't there to help doesn't mean you'll be the same. I know that if you have children, you'll love them more than anyone or anything else in this world."

"I... I don't know how to be a f-"

"Tae, there's no manual to parenting," she sighed, rubbing her thumb in circles on his cheek, "You can father in your own style, it doesn't matter."

He hummed in response, closing his eyes, "Two."

"Huh?"

"How many kids I want; two."

She laughed, "Any preference for gender?"

"Older brother and the younger can be a boy or girl, I don't mind."

"Older brother, younger sister," Tori decided and he nodded.

"Alright then."

"An older brother like you, a younger sister like me," she smiled cheekily and he shook his head, eyes wide.

"No! Nooooooo."

"What's wrong with that?"

"The older brother has to be strong enough to protect the sister, and the sister can't... uhm..."

"Party?"

"Huh? Uh..."

She smirked, "Cuss?"

"Uhm..."

"Well one of my kids has to be like me, don't you think?"

"Why don't they just inherit your diligence and hardworking genes?" he asked and she grinned.

"And just nothing else?"

"Your beauty?" he suggested.

"What's wrong with the other parts of me?" she asked, pretending to be offended.

"Nothing! Nothing's wrong... it's just..."

"It's just... It's just..." she mocked, laughed and wrapping her arms around his neck, "Don't worry baby, our children will be good, they won't turn out ratchet, I promise, I hope."

He frowned, "Thanks for the reassurance."

"Kidding! I promise, I promise."

She pecked his cheek, making him smile, "I'm going to take your word on that."

"Okay," she mumbled, "Let's focus on us before tomorrow comes."

He turned to look at her, "Before we go our separate ways for another week."

"Exactly," she smiled, kissing him.

This scene had played between them before, but this time it was different. Before, it was so hard for the both of them to stay apart, studying was such an arduous task for Tori and only seeing Taehyung once a week wasn't fair. But now she was changed. She would make sure to study her off during the week, seeing Taehyung was her reward. Taehyung was no longer her lifeline, rather something else for her to look forward to along with exercise, lectures, studying and work.

Her take on her life was so much better now and she loved it.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

"Taehyung?" Tori heard someone hiss as she walked to her BioSci lecture, the only lecture she had with him. She lifted her head; no one knew who Taehyung was and she knew it too, so what exactly could they be talking about?

When she looked up, she saw something that completely took her breath away.

Not like he didn't take her breath away every other day though.

He was standing there, in the clothes she had bought for his birthday. The purple plaid shirt that he had rolled up at his wrists with the black slacks which stopped just at his ankles made him look professional beyond belief and not to mention how handsome he looked. The hair falling over his forehead and the fact that he wore glasses wasn't new but the glasses were. They were dark rimmed only at the top and beneath were transparent, and she recognised them as the ones she had mentioned 'would look amazing on Taehyung if he wore them' once when they were strolling through the mall. Everything was to her taste even down to the maroon and green striped socks and black shoes.

She was frozen, with hanging open for a while, but when she heard dozens of girls start fawning over how 'cute' that 'nerd' was, she pulled herself out of her daze and ran over to him.

Shut up.

He's my cute nerd.

Taehyung blinked, not knowing what she was talking about, but he was more shy about all the attention he was getting. Looking down at the ground, shifting his weight on his feet, he waited for Tori so he could d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter