too different

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tori loved Jen, and she loved the fact that she had a best friend whom she could tell everything to, and Jen was a lot like Tori so she too couldn’t believe her when she told her that Taehyung wanted to stop ‘being friends’ and just stop overall contact with each other.

“Seriously?”

“Yeah,” she replied sadly, swirling her fork around in her bowl of noodles.

“Well then stop hanging out with him, he’s not worth your time.”

“But, Jen, he needs someone,” Tori sighed, thinking about how he always sits alone in lectures and during lunch he eats at the café by himself. And the fact that his mother just died, she was scared he was going to back into hiding again and this time he won’t have anyone to get him out.

“You’re in real deep,” she sighed, shaking her head at Tori and looking her in the eye, “What are we going to do with your massive heart?”

“It’s not my fault I have a heart this big, I can’t bear to see him alone, or suffering.”

“You know I love you, right?”

“Mhm,” she nodded, not knowing where this was going.

“That means I don’t want to see you wasting your time on something that isn’t going to work, Tori, you and Taehyung aren’t going to work.”

“Why not?”

“Think about it,” she said, “You two are much too different, you go to parties, hang out with the ‘popular’ kids, have boys ogling over you left, right and centre, but Taehyung? I bet he hasn’t been to a single party in his life, he doesn’t have a single friend and no one knows him, apart from him being the smartest kid in Level 1 that is.”

Tori closed her eyes, knowing that Jen was right.

They were too different.

--

Taehyung had been fighting the urge to text Tori. It was weird, he was never the one to text her first, but he knew exactly when she would text and would be waiting for it.

Before Tori came along, he was completely okay with being alone in his apartment, with the still unpacked moving boxes fresh from 6 months ago. He was okay with eating alone at the café and sitting alone in his lectures.

But after Tori came along, and he got a taste of what it was like to be with someone, be friends with someone for the first time, he didn’t want it to stop.

At first he was uncomfortable, and he was sure a part of him still was.

Then why else would he have asked her to stop talking to him?

That was an instinct he had had while they were eating the other day.

However he couldn’t deny he liked the fact that he had someone to talk to, eat with and study with.

He knew it would be pointless, however, Tori was the Queen of the school and he was just a little nobody.

But there was so much about her that made him curious.

Her purple eyes.

The fact that he could read her mind.

He laughed, shaking his head. He was still in disbelief over these two things.

Tori’s mind was some crazy place, where some crazy thoughts ran around.

But he loved listening on to her thoughts.

Sometimes they were so crazy that they made him smile.

He walked in to his Bio-Sci lecture, his eyes glued to the floor like always. He could just feel thousands of eyes staring at him and he hated it. He hid behind the dark rims of his glasses as he searched for a way in to the seating section.

He went to his normal seat, the middle of the front row and put his stuff down. No one dared to sit in the front row of any of their lectures, and he was sure it wasn’t because of him.

No one knew who he was anyway.

They knew the name but not the face.

Suddenly, he felt a thump in the seat next to him and, normally he would have been too afraid to look, but he recognised the scent radiating off them, the smell of lavender and blueberries made him feel familiar, happy for some reason.

He turned around and saw the exact person he was expecting to see.

“Oh! Taehyung!” she exclaimed, beaming, “I didn’t know that you were sitting here!”

He, however, knew that was a lie. Everyone knew he sat there, he basically owned the entire front row of seats.

“Victoria…” he felt his eyes flinch, an attempt to blink but they didn’t go the full way… as if he wanted to capture everything about this moment.

“What? You said ‘let’s see each other again’, and here we are.”

He blinked this time, but it was more like an is-this-real-or-am-I-dreaming blink.

She turned to face the front.

So awkward.

He heard her think and he smiled. Good thing she felt it too.

The lecture went as normal, and obliviously the pair kept borrowing each other’s stationery and phones (neither of them had changed their passwords even after finishing their assignment) and by the end of the lecture, they were in a coordinated mess.

And they did their normal routine of going through their notes even after class was over and they were the only two left in the hall.

When Taehyung finally lifted his head, and realised what was happening, he shut his eyes tightly.

“Victoria?” he asked and she hummed in response, not taking her eyes off her book. “What are you doing after this?”

She froze, turning to look at him.

What am I doing? Why? What does he want? Why am I getting butterflies?

“Uhm, nothing, why?” she replied, however in a calm tone.

He had to refrain himself from laughing at her.

“Was wondering if you wanted to get lunch?”

He had given up on trying to stop himself from talking to her, from eating with her, from just being with her.

After all this, he realised; she was more than just a girl in his class to him.

Much more.

He wants lunch. Is this a date? Or like is he going to ask me not to talk to him again? I was being subtle this time!

He bit his lip, trying his hardest not to laugh.

Don’t bite that damn lip.

He blinked, stopping immediately.

He looks so good when he does that.

He furrowed his eyebrows.

Did he hear that right?

What should I say? I don’t want to get my hopes up, just for him to just shoot me back down with a ‘Let’s go our separate ways’ again.

What should I-

Taehyung didn’t know what to do, or what to say to stop her from getting the wrong impression. So he did the only thing that popped into his mind. He leaned down, and kissed her.

Well, it was what he would call a kiss.

It was only a quick peck to Tori, however, it didn’t even last a second, but it was enough to make her eyes grow extremely wide for approximately two seconds before she cupped his neck and pulled him to her, locking their lips.

He was taken aback by this, and she could feel his arms tremble as he placed them gently on her waist.

She couldn’t help but smile against his lips, loving the way his they touched hers, she didn’t even know kissing could be this gentle and heartfelt.

Her hands eventually crossed his shoulders and she hugged his neck, only drawing him closer to her. She rubbed her hand along the warm fabric of his sweater while her fingers were threaded through his hair.

Suddenly, he pulled away, breathless and panting. She looked up at him and he stared back, his expression blank, but he looked so good.

She smiled, “So, l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter