distance

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The lake became their 'spot', they met each other there almost once a week. Their lives became busy again, Taehyung having to finish his final copy of his part one for his thesis, Tori having to study pretty hard in order to ace her exams (she decided she should try harder this time round considering she was dating the smartest kid in her class) and apart from that Taehyung would often go to the library or to the gym – and only ever during dusk – while Tori would be at the mall with friends or working her part time job at the grocery store.

Although their few hours in the dead of night, just talking about life and what their week was like, what annoyed them, their science teacher being a jerk and picking on Tori because he knew she didn't know the answers. As well as what made them happy, mostly their calls and text exchanges, and their few run-ins on campus.

But they couldn't help waiting impatiently for the few times they did get to see each other.

"Ooooh you're watching TV?" Tori asked, peeking her head around Taehyung's front door.

He grinned, "Yeah," he pat the seat next to him.

"I wanna wat-" She stopped talking when she saw the screen. "Penguins? You're watching a documentary about penguins?"

"It's pretty interesting, actually," he paused it, "Did you say you wanted to watch?"

"Ugh," she sighed, plonking herself on the sofa next to him, "You're so boring."

He chuckled, "Me or the documentary?"

The documentary.

"You," she huffed, and he gave her a knowing smile.

"You didn't go to your literature lecture," he noted, looking at the time.

"Eh," she waved it off, "We're learning basically the same thing we did last year so I thought I'd check in on you, how's your 'studying' going?" she finger quoted 'studying' as if she didn't believe that was what he was doing.

"Great actually," he leaned back in his seat, crossing one leg over the other, pointing the remote at the TV and pressing play, "Now if you let me get back to-"

He stopped when he saw her cheeky smile, reaching for the remote.

"What ar-" she grabbed it, turning the TV off. "Victoria..." his eyes scanned her face, dropping from her eyes to , which was getting closer and closer to him.

She drew him to her, her hand moving straight to his jaw, "Am I a distraction?" her voice was gentle, as gentle as the kiss she gave him right after.

"Yes," he whispered back, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her closer, his lips brushing hers. It wasn't an innocent kiss, but more like a hot, fiery, passionate and demanding kiss, making her giggle against his lips.

"Are you hungry?" she joked, the way he was kissing her was like he hadn't eaten in years.

He inched back, looking into her eyes, brushing her hair behind her ears.

"I may know everything about nuclear physics, but I can never figure you out," he pecked her lips, "And yet, I don't even care," he kissed her again, "believe me, when I don't know something, I can never sleep until I find out what it is I'm missing."

She smiled, the smile he loved. The skin around her eyes crinkled ever so slightly (not as much as his did, though) and her eyes literally sparkled.

He was beginning to think that his favourite colour was changing.

Because he now loved the colour purple.

"I can never figure you out, either, Tae," she laughed, meeting his forehead with hers.

He leaned up, kissing her again, "Thank you for coming," he whispered.

"Even though you told me like a hundred times not to come?"

He shook his head, amused, "Yes, even though I told you not to come, I'm glad you did."

"You see, this is why I don't like waiting seven days before I get to see you," she sighed, her legs draped over his lap.

"I don't like it either," he said sadly, and it honestly surprised her.

He was so different today, a great wave of confidence had overwhelmed him, not to mention his want, his need to be closer to her.

"Well let's savour these few house that we do get to see each other," she threaded her fingers in his hair, "And leave the penguins alone."

He laughed, "But the poor penguins!"

She took his glasses off, wearing them herself.

"Do I look smarter now?" she asked, "I bet I do."

He shook his head, "Nope, you look like Victoria."

"Are you saying I'm not smart?" she exclaimed, her hand on her heart.

"Yeah," he nodded, innocently.

Her hands cupped his cheeks, squishing them together, just finding him so cute.

He frowned at her gestures, but didn't let them affect him for long. He took the glasses off her this time, putting them on the coffee table and pulled her closer, "When will I see you again?"

"Today next week probably?" her voice was just like his; sad.

He pouted and she laughed, pecking his lips, "You're so cute."

He pulled her back, kissing her harder, "I don't want to let go."

"You don't have to," she hummed, welcoming him as she let her lips trace a path from his own to his neck. He gasped, a quiet, soft gasp, but she loved how she made him run out of breath.

He was new to this, and decided to just let Tori continue, he didn't want to ruin the moment.

She let her kisses linger on his shoulder blade before she stopped, tearing away from him and he gave her a surprised look.

"I should probably leave before I do something dangerous," she grinned and he looked away, his cheeks burning up.

But she didn't let him blush for too long, turning his head to face her.

"Or should I stay?" her smile was mischievous and he had to avert his eyes to answer.

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

That night, Tori found herself not just staying 'for a few more hours' like Taehyung had said, and instead waking up in his bedroom.

She bolted out of bed, and rushed into the kitchen, not knowing if she was going to catch him because she knew he went on morning runs.

But there he was, when she opened the bedroom door, standing at the stove with his back to her, holding the frying pan. She tiptoed to him, slithering her arms through his and around his waist.

He jumped at her touch but her voice soothed him, "It's just me," she whispered.

He visibly relaxed, although was stiff considering her arms were still around him.

"Good morning," she hummed, her lips deep rooted in the nap of his neck.

He shuddered at the sensation it gave him, but he couldn't deny it was a captivating feeling.

"Morning," he replied and she rocked him from side to side, while he continued to flip the pancake on the pan.

"Tae?" she called, tilting her head to look up at him.

"Yeah?" he asked, turning to look at her.

"Can you sing?"

His eyes widened.

"Huh?"

"Can you sing?" she repeated, "It's just something I've been curious about for a while."

"Why?"

"Wondering if you could be anymore perfect," she said, his hair.

"I'm not perfect," he muttered.

"You're right," he turned around to put the pancakes on the counter and she spun with him. "But you're as close to perfect as any human can get."

He looked away, blushing.

Aww where did my Taehyung from last night go?

That made him blush even harder, he, himself, didn't know where the Taehyung from last night even came from. He kept trying to tell himself that it was late and he was tired, but he kept getting to the conclusion that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter