epilogue

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, do you have everything?” Tori asked Taehyung as she rushed to his door.

“Uhm,” he looked through his pockets once more, “Yeah.”

“You nervous?” they paced to the elevator and waited for it to open.

“Can you see me?” he breathed as they entered the elevator car, “I’m shaking so hard right now.”

“Aww,” she pouted, cupping his cheeks, “Breathe, baby, breathe.”

“Okay now you’re making me more anxious.”

She let go of him and slouched against the wall.

“I was trying to help.”

He grinned, shaking himself out before pulling her hand into his.

“Thank you.”

The doors opened and they headed to the basement.

“Do you think,” he started as they hopped into his car, “that they will be able to tell?”

“Tell what?”

“Like about us…”

“Babe, they won’t know,” she took his hand in his as he continued to drive with the other, “And even if they did, they won’t care.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure.”

“What if the organisers find out and they-”

“Tae,” she said firmly, “It. Doesn’t. Matter.”

“Still-”

“Geez you’re annoying,” she huffed, sinking into her seat.

He sighed, “Alright I’ll stop.”

Sitting up, she brought his hand to her lips and kissed it, “Stop being so nervous, it’s going to be fine.”

--

When the pair entered the theatre, Taehyung immediately gasped at the number of kids in it. It was almost full.

Tori held onto him tighter. “C’mon,” she whispered, leading him to the panel where the speakers were to sit.

The two of them were invited to speak at the medicine seminar as they are the two top students in their year. Tori agreed and Taehyung said no.

But after a heck of a lot of persuasion, Tori got Taehyung to say yes.

Tori felt Taehyung’s fingers start to tremble and she just wished it all to be over. She was starting to regret making him do it. He was getting too scared and she hated seeing him that way.

“Today all our speakers are fifth year med students, all about to graduate at the top of their class. Give a round of applause for our first speaker…”

Taehyung’s fingers around Tori’s tightened.

“Kim Taehyung!”

The room burst with the students clapping and she looked over at him to see him biting his lip as he slowly stood up.

“You’ll do well,” Tori whispered, “Breathe.”

Taehyung shuffled to the centre stage and pulled the remote from his pocket. Tori’s eyes scanned the crowd to see their reactions and she was hating it already.

The girls were practically shooting out heart eyes at him.

I can’t believe Taehyung would be nervous for these kids.

Taehyung stopped speaking, and Tori saw him flinch.

Baby, ignore that, breathe, continue.

Put your right hand in your pocket.

She noticed how it was shaking and she knew the kids would notice.

He swiftly slid it into his pocket and turned back to the slide.

“I got teased a lot for this but I’m the kinda guy who likes getting his assignments done a week early so when my friends ask me to a movie the week the assignment is due, I don’t have to decline.”

The room laughed.

Tori smiled. That was a good confidence booster.

Her eyes were trained on one girl in particular, however. That one girl who was obviously not paying attention to anything Taehyung was saying and rather was watching him a bit too keenly for her liking. Her eyes taking in every aspect of him. His legs, the way he walked, his hair, his fingers as he pressed the buttons on the remote, his smiles, his eyes, his fashion sense.

Tori pouted, she wished she could hang a sign over Taehyung declaring him hers.

Soon he was done and he bowed to the audience, “Thank you for listening.”

They clapped as he turned and walked to the seat next to Tori, slouching into it immediately.

“I’m so proud of you!” Tori hissed and Taehyung gave her a weak smile.

“Our next speaker, Victoria Chandler is also in the same class as Taehyung, let’s welcome her to the stage!” the MC boomed and Tori shot up, giving the crowd a giant smile as she hopped over to her spot.

She pointed the remote that Taehyung had just given her to the projector and started.

Her speech was much different to Taehyung’s. He was more stiff and the audience listened more intently while Tori was laid back, making the audience laugh almost every two seconds.

How does she do that?

Taehyung thought as he scanned the audience.

But the first thing he saw made him frown.

How can the guys gape at her so openly like that?

“I’m slightly different to my classmate, Taehyung, however, I’m the kind of person who wouldn’t be able to go to that movie because I would be at home finishing my assignment.”

The audience laughed and so did Taehyung. A few ‘me too’ and ‘relatable’ comments could be heard and Tori nodded.

“But of course I don’t endorse that lifestyle.”

The seminar was finally over but when the MC announced that it was time for the Q&A section, Taehyung tensed up again.

A lot of hands went up and Taehyung nodded at the first one he saw. Tori noticed the girl from before who was ogling over Taehyung’s every move also had her hand up and she rolled her eyes.

“Is the work load for this degree a lot?” someone asked.

“No,” Taehyung and Tori said simultaneously. They looked at each other to decide who was going to answer, and Tori took it.

“I think in the end it comes down to time management, if your time management is good, then it won’t be a problem.”

After a few questions about medicine itself, Tori realised that Taehyung was purposefully avoiding the girl with the wandering eyes.

“Do you still get time to date?” the person she chose to ask said.

Taehyung blinked.

Tori just laughed.

“Let’s not get side tracked here.”

“It’s still about the degree though!”

“Okay, then, I guess it depends on your time management,” Tori answered swiftly, “If your time management is good then go for it.”

“Any more questions?” Taehyung asked, scanning the room and a girl raised her hand.

He sighed, nodding at her, “Yeah, are you free tonight?”

The whole audience fell into ‘Ooooooh’s. Tori was fighting back her desire to sass the girl back but before she opened to say anything, she was cut off.

“No, sorry,” Taehyung said, tuning to Tori and winking at her. Tori’s eyes grew wide, so much so that she thought they were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter