purple

Purple | Kim Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tori was 14 when she realised the power she possessed. At first, it was hard for her to understand the simple things. Why everyone would keep insisting that her eyes were brown when they clearly weren't. Why she would be able to hear people's thoughts when she looked them directly in the eye. Why the boy she had had a crush on for 3 years, the man who had never talked to her once in his life before, asked her on a date the second they spoke.

Because of this weird quality that she had, she would be too afraid to look anyone in the eye, take photos of herself or even look in the mirror.

Now she's 18, a freshman at college, and already the most popular girl at there. Every boy was in love with her and every girl wanted to be her.

Tori was used to the boys ogling over her every move; how perfect and beautiful she was. She wasn't sure that she believed it, though, that she was beautiful. She knew that they only said it because of the spell and so she could never really trust that their words were sincere.

"Okay so today we're going to start a new project for this semester, a project in which you have to prove or disprove a hypothesis. The hypothesis you will be working on will be all up to you and your partner."

"Partner?" Tori sighed.

Please can we choose. Please can we choose.

"And of course, I'll be choosing your partners."

Of course.

The lecturer pulled up a box of names and turned back to the rest of the students.

"Let's start, shall we?"

"Victoria," she said, reading off the name on the paper she had taken out and then reached her hand back in, "And..."

Please not a guy, please not a guy.

"Taehyung."

Tori exhaled.

Of course.

It's just my luck I get paired with a guy.

When she was done announcing the partners, they were to move to the lab, in which they had to sit in their pairs.

She knew the name 'Kim Taehyung', and she knew the reputation that came with that name. He was the smartest in their year and was also rumoured to be the geekiest. No one really talked to him and he normally kept to himself, Tori didn't even know what he looked like.

She sat down at the desk on which the lecturer plastered her name with Taehyung's name and waited. Soon enough she heard some books thump onto the table and she turned around.

"H-Hi," he muttered, looking to the floor as he pulled out the seat.

Tori couldn't help but smile.

He's cute. For a nerd.

"Hi," she waited for him to get settled and he slowly lifted his head, "I'm Tori."

"I'm Tae-" he held out his hand and looked up at her, into her eyes. But as soon as he did, his eyes widened and she sighed, getting ready for him to either compliment her or gush over how pretty she was, in his head. "Y-Your eyes..."

"Huh?"

"I've n-never seen anyone with purple eyes before... I didn't even think that was possible."

"My eyes are purple?"

She watched him, speechless.

Even when she would keep insisting to her family, her friends, that when she looked in the mirror each morning, she saw purple eyes staring back at her, everyone would keep telling her that they saw brown. They saw normal brown eyes, and she was forced to think she was going insane.

But he sees purple eyes?

"S-Sorry," he said immediately, looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter