Final Chapter

Strangers

 

 

 

The Final Chapter

 

 

 

Crowds began to cheer loudly, pink banners with Eunji's name written on it raised high as the girl stood on stage with cameras all around her. It was strange to think that this very moment right now, will be seen over televisions nationwide but she had to remain calm and cool. Tightly holding onto her mic, she bowed and greeted the judges.

"I have high hopes on you Jung Eunji. I still remember clearly from the day one you auditioned, you've already impressed me with your vocals." said one judge.

"I want to ask you one question. Why did you join Superstar K? I remember watching your interview that you're doing it for someone. How about you explain to us your story briefly?" asked another.

The girl in the white dress laughed nervously, she had not expected a question to pop up before she was going to perform. Glancing her eyes around the crowd, she could see Chorong sitting at the front with the "VIP" sign over her neck. Just from her eyes, she could tell that it was going to be alright. It was a message telling her that she believed her, in saying the right words. Knowing fully well that she shouldn't be exposing her secret love relationship with a woman nor let the public know that she was lesbian. It was all up to how she was going to create a brand new lie.

"That someone who inspired me to be a singer. That's all I can reveal." smiled the girl, replying in a subtle way.

"I see. I understand. Very well, please proceed to prepare for your stage." said the judge.

As the stage lights turned off for a few seconds, this allowed Eunji to take a deep breath, closed her eyes to clear her thoughts as she didn't want to let her practice go to waste. She didn't want to make any mistakes and wanted to present a perfect performance. Within the count of three, the lights came back on and music began to play in the background. It was the cue as she raised her mike up high and sang. 

The audience and judges turned silent as they were engrossed in her singing, amazed whenever she belted out high notes that seemed impossible to reach and were powerful as well. Her emotions instilled into her singing that were able to represent the sadness in the song, even had some people shed tears a little. Eunji's performance didn't had any support, she chose not to play a piano nor a guitar, she simply chose to stand on stage with only a mike in her hand. It was all she needed. Chorong who watched her, smiled proudly.

At the end after the song was over, the whole studio clapped and cheered. Judges too, were impressed.

"What do we do?" joked one of the judges.

"This is really hard for us to decide." said another.

"Eunji had the whole crowd in awe but there can only be one winner. Everyone, please place your votes!" said the MC as he came up on stage followed by the other contestant, Kwak Jin-eon who performed earlier. He presented a performance accompained by his guitar and honey-like vocals that had females swooning in their hearts. Eunji greeted him with a bow as the two proceeded to stand at the front, ready for the big announcement. Although the internet has made up stories about their rivalry, the two in reality were friends. In fact, they even made a promise to each other that they would feature in each other's album in the future. 

For about a minute, votes were counted as the judges discussed seriously. There was a online vote that audiences at the site and also those watching at home could participate in. It was indeed, a hard decision to pick between the two who were equally loved by the public. At the countdown of ten, votes were finally closed as the moment of wait was finally here. There was tension in the air as everyone stared at the large LED screen behind the two contestants, that will show the name of the final winner.

It was quite nerve-wrecking as many thoughts piled Eunji's mind. She tried to not let negativity slip in, the thought of unable to win and the aftermath of such, she didn't want to disappoint Chorong. She had to win no matter want because she wanted the girl to be happy. She wanted to win the money to clear all of her debts. But of course, it wasn't just that. She had already chosen the celebrity life and was prepared to get into business after the end of Superstar K, knowing fully well that companies will ask her for contract negotations to sign her under.

"Please let her win" thought Chorong as she held her hands together, praying hard.

Finally, something lit up on the screen.

"165,980 votes"

"The winner is......"

It was at that moment of reveal, the screen switched to an image of Eunji as lights were suddenly all on her.\

The whole crowd screamed and cheered in joy as confetti blew into the air like fireworks, it was truly an amazing site as her fans lifted up banners that seemed like pink flowers among the audience. 

"Jung Eunji, congratulations on winning Superstar K!" said the MC as he handed Eunji a trophy and gave a mic.

"T-Thank you...I wasn't expecting it....I'm thankful for Superstar K for giving me the opportunity to achieve my dream, I would like to thank everyone who was able to make it happy, my fans that I love so much, my parents who gave birth to me, manager oppa, stylist unnie, my friends who have been supporting me and Chorong unnie! I made it!" smiled Eunji in a daze, purposely wanting to reveal the older girl's name because she wanted to. Taking a glance at the girl who sat at the front, she was surprised to hear her name and wanted to hide herself. SHe was more than just happy, not because she won. It was because now, the girl she loved so dearly will forever be free from her debts.

At the same moment in Naeun's apartment, it was noisy as a group of girls cheered excitedly.

"YES JUNG EUNJI! WHOO! I KNEW SHE WOULD WIN THIS! I'M PROUD!" shouted Bomi out loud.

"Unnie's going to be so famous and she's gonna release tons of albums and win tons of awards.. OH MY GOD" said Namjoo as the two jumped up and down, completely overjoyed.

"I'm relieved." smiled Naeun while covering her ears because they were too noisy.

"I'm the sister of a singer now unnie" laughed Hayoung.

"What? Are you going to boast to your friends?" giggled Naeun as the two were in their own world while Bomi and Namjoo were partying wild, celebrating Eunji's win.

News of the singer's win spread quickly like wildfire all over the internet, netizens congratulated her win and anticipated her future releases as an artist. But people were more curious over Eunji's acceptence speech. Everyone was interested as to who "Chorong" was. Some believed it was the person that inspired the winner to become a singer, while some thought it was just her friend or relative she loved dearly. As Chorong was no celebrity, it was difficult to find any info about her through the internet.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Three hours after the live broadcast, Eunji headed backstage to celebrate with her staff and newly-made friends from the programme who congratulated her on the win. She also shook hands with Kwak Ji-eon who cheered her on, completely fine not winning the first place. He too, was a humble man who believed that hardwork would hold virtue eventually. He knew that the true winner would be that girl because she was the most hardworking contestant, he has ever seen.

In the waiting room, the girl had already changed back to her usual outfit, obviously feeling uncomfotable and awkward in the white dress as cakes were blown out because there was a mini-party. Judges also personally came to visit Eunji, congratulating her before discussing about her future as a singer. The Busan winner indeed was quite busy, talking to various people that celebrated her win. She was happy, elated but at the same time, she noticed Chorong quietly sitting in a corner. Knowing her well, she must've felt awkward surrounded by people that she is unfamiliar with. Yet, the older girl decided to come and cheer her on. Feeling sorry, Eunji wanted to do something for her.

"Eunji-ya, let's hold a party at restaurant later." said one friend.

"Yeah, let's go and drink down some good alcohol!" said another.

"I'm sorry guys, how about next time? I've already had plans with my other friends." said Eunji politely with a smile, taking a glance at Chorong who sat at the far corner.

"Aw really Eunji-ya? Alright then. Call us okay? We'll miss you so much now that Superstar K is over" 

"I will. Manager oppa, let's go." she nodded with a smile as she took Chorong's hand and headed out to the corridor, followed by her manager and other staff.

"W-Where are we going Eunji-ya? It's okay, you can go and celebrate with your friends." whispered Chorong, feeling sorry.

"No unnie, dont't think like that. I want to spend this moment with you and them. I'm sure they must be waiting for us." whispered the girl back as they soon arrived at the carpark.

To their surprise, fans were there waiting to catch a glimpse of Eunji. In that mere second, Eunji quickly took off her pink cap and placed it on Chorong, wanting to protect her identity. Wrapping her arms tightly around the older girl's waist and using her arm to block Chorong's face, she walked with quick steps and made sure that she entered the car first. Already, she could hear her fans congratulating her but also at the same time, asking her questions of who the other girl was.

After entering the car, Eunji told Chorong to hide herself as she rolled down the windows halfway, taking a peek outside as fans continued to take photos of her.

"Unnie! Congratulations on winning!"

"Thank you. I always appreciate the love that all of you give me."

"Unnie, unnie! Who's the other girl in your car?"

"Unnie, when are you going to release your album?"

"Unnie, what are you going to do with the money?"

Indeed, her fans had a lot of questions to ask. But, Eunji was famous for giving out very subtle answers that didn't hold much meaning in it. Of course, she would do the same today. 

"I don't know~ Find out yourself~" smirked the girl.

"I have to go now, eat some food and go head home safely okay?"

"Yes unnie~"

Her fans obediently listened to her and they waved goodbye, watching the car move out of the carpark until it could no longer be seen.

Inside the car, there was finally silence after all the noise and screams from the fans. 

"Do you want me to drop you and your friend home?" asked her manager.

"No, instead drop us off at this address oppa." said Eunji as she gave him his phone, that contained the location. It was Naeun's place.

"They're already spamming the group chat." giggled Chorong as she looked at her phone that continued to flow endlessly with thousands of messages and emoticons.

"Get ready unnie, those girls are going to be absolutely noisy when we get there." laughed the girl.

The two had to resist themselves from getting too close, because her manager was in the car. She still had to keep their relationship a secret and remain low-profile. But she would still sometimes, hold Chorong's hand in the dark and feel her warmth within hers.

"Eunji-ya."

"Yes unnie?"

"Why did you reveal my name during your speech?"

"Ah....sorry, it just slipped out."

"You sure?" she glanced at the girl suspiciously while furrowing her eyebrows cutely.

"I did it on purpose." giggled Eunji while pinching her cheeks.

"Hey!" said Chorong as she hit her lap.

"W-What? I want people to know that you were the one that made me want to become a singer again!"

"But-"

"No buts, unnie."

A sigh only came out of the older girl's mouth. She could do nothing. The power of being celebrity was scary and she was afraid that by letting Eunji enter that world, it would pose more dangers for the two of them. But the girl was insistent, confident and told her to not worry many times. It was because she loved her so dearly, she placed her trust in Eunji.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Upon arriving at Naeun's apartment, they were greeted with a boisterious noise, all four girls welcomed them and hugged Eunji, congratulating her on the win.

"Guys, you're going to strangle me" teased Eunji with a cough.

"Oh my, there's a celebrity in Naeun's house! Oh my god, I touched her hand! WOW!" joked Bomi.

"Unnie, I'm your huge fan lemme take a picture with you" said Namjoo, joining in the tease.

"Signature please" said Hayoung, also joining in as she playfully gave her sister a paper and a pen.

Chorong and Naeun laughed as they watched the usual pranksters fooling around.

After everyone had settled down, a party wouldn't be complete with alcohol. With cans of beer and soju bottles all over the table, the girls drank and chatted well, with the exception of Hayoung who was only given orange juice.

"So Eunji-ya, what are you going to do with the money? It's a heck lot" said Bomi.

"Or rather, this is a new beginning unnie. You're a celebrity now so you have to be more careful." said Namjoo.

"Especially now that, you're dating Chorong unnie..." said Naeun carefully.

Only the four of them knew about their relationship. After all, they were the ones who helped them together so it was no surprise. But they too, were worried. Having dates would be difficult and with Eunji's slowly-busy, packed schedules, it will be hard for them to meet up.

"Actually..." said Eunji as she glanced at Chorong. Just by a light nod, the older girl gave her permission to finally reveal her original purpose for joining the competition. Holding onto her hand tightly, Eunji explained everything in detail, the whole story. From their coincidental meeting to the proposal of a deal and Chorong's debt troubles, it was no longer a secret anymore. 

"Omo, this is like a movie." said Namjoo, surprised after hearing their story. It seemed unreal. The fact that they met as strangers and decided to help each other out, only to fall in love.

"S-Shut up.." laughed Eunji embarrassed now that the truth was out, while Chorong stayed silent. But the response was far different from what they had imagined. In fact, the four girls were absolutely neutral towards the situation and supported the fact that Eunji was going to use half of her earnings to clear her debt. Relieved that there wasn't any conflict, the girls decided to celebrate through the night, drinking and laughing. Talking to each other and just doing things like what normal girls would, it had been awhile since they got time to free themselves from stress building up from work. It was their only moment and after all, they missed each other's company.

The atmosphere was quite high as it was the weekend after all, they didn't need to worry about heading to work sober. Bomi who wasn't good at taking alcohol was the first one out, followed by Namjoo and Naeun who was slightly tipsy. Hayoung who only consumed orange juice the whole time, was tasked with bringing the three into Naeun's spacious bedroom whose bed could literally fit all three of them.

"Are they compeletely asleep?" asked Eunji as Hayoung got out of the room. Her younger sister responded with a nod while proceeding to sit back down at the living room.

"Unnie didn't drink much today. You too." said the maknae surprised. "Don't tell me, the two of you already had plans earlier?" she asked.

"Why? Are you jealous?" smiled the older sister.

"Being in love must be nice." sighed the maknae.

"You're too young to be in love yet Hayoung-ah." teased Chorong.

"That's right, I'm not going to let any man touch you yet." teased Eunji, joining the girl along.

"Wow, you two seriously. Are you my parents now?"

"Maybe we are." laughed Eunji.

"Anyways, you should head to sleep as well." said Chorong.

"I'm not going to sleep with a bunch of drunk people in there."

"Well, you're not going to sleep with us either." said Eunji.

"Wow, okay unnie. Okay." said Hayoung sarcastically as she sat on the sofa, hugging a plushie pillow with a pout.

"Are you sulking now?" laughed Chorong, finding the younger girl's reactions cute.

"Eunji unnie would always sleep with me and now, she found someone else to sleep with. It's okay, that's how love is supposed to be anyway. From now on, I'm going to sleep with Naeun unnie or Namjoo unnie or Bomi unnie." pouted Hayoung like a child.

"Hayoung-ah, that's not what I meant aigoo you brat" laughed Eunji as she pinched her cheeks.

"Just for today alright?" she whispered with a smile.

"Yeah like go and have wild or something" muttered Hayoung.

"HEY!" said Eunji as she hit the girl's lap.

"Hey, you're the weird one Hayoung-ah. What have you been watching?!" said Chorong taken aback by her words.

"Nothing...Namjoo unnie's the one that keeps showing me weird stuff"

"Gosh. No, I think someone put alcohol in your orange juice. Go to sleep. Come on unnie, let's go somewhere else." said Eunji, forcibly putting Hayoung to bed at the sofa as she grabbed Chorong's hand into the other room. Naeun's apartment house was indeed very spacious to the point where she had three other empty rooms. No one knows what she uses them for, but there was a spare bed around and certainly, was a king-size. Although the girl had always said that it was meant for her parents whenever they came over to stay, since she was a rather clumsy child and had her mom worrying everytime.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

In their own private space, the two girls laid onto the large mattress, side-by side. Looking up at the white ceiling as there was only darkness and silence in between. They had a lot to think about. The fact that Chorong would be free from her debts, the fact that Eunji will start her career as a singer, it all seemed too real. But whenever they thought about it, none of these would've happen if they had each other. They were each other's mental pillar of support who shared their worries and troubles together. Even when times were tough, the two were always there. Whether it were moments of happiness, sadness, every second was a bliss. Perhaps, that's how falling in love felt like. They just didn't want to leave from their own other half. 

"It really feels like a dream unnie..." said Eunji as she broke the silence.

"Me too Eunji-ya..."

"But it's not over yet."

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't tell this to anyone yet" said Eunji reluctantly as her voice felt heavy. "Not even Hayoung too."

"What's happening Eunji-ya?"

"The staff told me that, according to the contract for the winner of Superstar K, they will undergo a 3-month training overseas immediately after filming is over. The company wanted to do things quickly, tone up my skills and prepare my album. It's all going too fast but this is the path I have chosen." confessed Eunji as she turned around, looking deeply in her eyes that were deeply sorry for not saying it sooner.

"T-Three months? When are you going? Where are you going?" 

"Tommorow. It's a flight to America." Immediately after saying, the girl placed her arm around the older girl and wrapped her into a warm embrace. Honestly, she didn't want to leave. But she had no choice. It was for the better, in order to become a good singer for the public. However, she wanted to spend more time with the girl she loved so much. Their love had only started but yet, so many things are trying to break them apart.

"I'm sorry unnie. I should've told you sooner. I'm sorry." said Eunji, not letting go.

"Eunji-ya..."

"I should've read the contract details more carefully otherwise, I would've think twice about entering this competition."

It was then, she felt a soft, wet peck on her cheek. Turning her head around, she was surprised. She had expected Chorong to be upset, disappointed at her decisions but instead, here she was smiling.

"It's only three months right? It's not that long and we can always see each other through the screen."

"But, aren't you going to miss me? Everything's all going so fast.."

"It only means a challenge to see how far our love will go, won't it?"

"Unnie..." said the younger girl, taken aback. It was a total opposite by what she had expected. The unnie who was once full of pessimism, was full of optimism. "Ah, unnie you're really something." she smiled.

"What?"

"Nothing, you just reminded me why I fell in love with you." grinned the girl as she sneakily moved her hand down to Chorong's waist.

"W-What are you doing?!"

"Come on, you're not going to see me for three months."

"I'm not going to have wild with you."

"You're seriously believing what Hayoung says?!" laughed Eunji, finding the girl's conservative side quite adorable. She was a obedient dongsaeng after all, she had to wait for the right moment to truly express herself. Removing her hands from Chorong's waist, she placed it around her shoulder instead.

"T-Then what do you want me to do?" stuttered Chorong, surprised to see that the girl was holding back herself.

"How about that reward you promised me? I won after all~" teased the girl with a grin.

"D-Don't expect anything..." said Chorong shyly, her body growing hot as they embraced tightly on the mattress. It was making her heart beat like crazy, she had no idea what the younger girl was going to do to her. But she had the ability to tame her, so that she wouldn't make wild moves.

"I'm waiting for you to surprise me-"

It was then the older girl moved forward, grabbing her cheeks and shoved her lips onto hers. It wasn't just a light peck, but something much deeper. Satisfied, Eunji pulled in, deepened their kiss as they embraced each other warmth's. Still wanting to , the younger girl sneakily had her hand slid towards Chorong, gently pinching her .

Immediately, the girl flinched and blushed greatly.

"W-W-What do you think you're doing?!" said Chorong, flustered.

"Hmm, you'll need to work on your unnie, Naeun's one still wins" teased Eunji.

"P-ert! Go to sleep!" said Chorong as she hit the younger girl, turned her back towards her and shut her eyes tight. Her heart still beating like crazy, she had no idea the girl was like that.

"Okay~I'm sorry unnie~Don't be mad~I won't do it again~" whined Eunji in a cute tone, wrapping her arms around Chorong's waist while snuggling her head in between her shoulders.

"Go to sleep, you're going to have a long flight tommorow." she sighed.

"Alright unnie, at least let me stay in this position for tonight." smiled Eunji with a giggle, satisfied with her cheeky actions. Nothing melted her heart more than Chorong acting all shy and embarrassed. It was a charm that she was always weak for.

 

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

 

Morning had arrived at Naeun's apartment, bright sun shone through the windows making Hayoung, the first person to wake up. Peeking inside the first room, the three drunken girls from last night were still deep in their sleep. Walking to the next, the maknae froze. Looking through the small opening of the door, she felt awkward watching a sight she wasn't familar with. Maybe she shouldn't have walked in. It was weird, strange to see her sister hugging Chorong in her sleep. Arms all around her, she seemed like the happiest girl in the world by just having her by her side.

"I guess unnie really loves her a lot" thought the girl as she looked around the living room, wondering what she should do while waiting for the unnies to wake up one by one. Staring at the floor where their bags scattered all over, she saw something green gently peeking out of Eunji's bag. 

"No way" That green colour couldn't possibly be a passport. It couldn't. But it was exactly what the girl had expected. In her hands, was Eunji's passport. It suddenly hit her, that her sister might suddenly disappear overseas now that she's a singer. After all, she knew that the girl had the habit of keeping secrets from not just her, but everyone close to her.

"I'm sorry unnie, I have to do this" mumbled the girl, having no choice but to rummage through her sister's bag. There, she found a bunch of items that brought her to surprise. One item in particular, was the contract by Superstar K. It was written that the chosen winner of the competition would have to undergo a 3-month training camp in America immediately in order to prepare for a good solo-debut under the company as well as album production etc. Completely feeling betrayed, Hayoung stood up and bursted into the room where the couple had been peacefully embracing each other in their sleep.

"Unnie. Unnie! Wake up!"

"Mm? What?" mumbled Eunji as she rubbed her eyes.

"What's wrong Hayoung-ah?" asked Chorong as she got up, wondering what was up.

"Why didn't you tell me that you were going overseas?" said Hayoung boldly, showing the contract paper right in her sister's face.

"I was going to tell you. Today."

"Yeah right, lies."

"Hayoung-ah..." said Eunji, carefully placing her hand on her head.

"You're always going to places without telling me...you're always keeping secrets from me...that's not how you're supposed to treat a sister...." pouted Hayoung sadly with much disappointment.

"I'm doing it because I don't want you to get involved. I want to protect you from anything that interferes with my own work. I want you to just focus on your studies, graduate and find a good job."

"And you think I'll be happy with that?"

"She's right Eunji-ya, she's your sister. She deserves the right to know everything about what you're doing." said Chorong, holding onto her hand as she glanced at the younger girl. Although Eunji was her girlfriend, it didn't mean that she would agree to everything she would do. There were times where she was still her dongsaeng and had to tell her the wrong things that were being done in her life. 

"Alright unnie, Hayoung's a big girl now. We should start talking like adults yeah?" smiled Eunji, feeling sorry as she fixed the maknae's disheveled hair from sleep. Bending forward, she gently kissed her forehead and then proceeded to pinch her cheek.

"Unnie will tell you everything single thing that happens now. So you should also start telling me more about what's happening in your life, like what's happening between you and Namjoo." 

"F-Fine...I will tell you...soon....." pouted Hayoung, again defeated.

"Well, look at the time. I need to go to the airport now." said Eunji as she glanced at the clock.

"Wait, your flight is today?! Today?!" said the maknae flustered, immediately holding her sister's hands tightly, not letting go.

"Mm. Sorry for not telling you sooner."

"You're a bad sister." said Chorong, watching at the side.

"Who-who's going to cook dinner for me? Who's going to take care of the house? Who's going to pay for the electricity and water bills?"

"Unnie is." said Eunji, pointing her finger to her.

"Hey-" The older girl was flustered at the sudden responsibility.

"I'm going to make use of that deal now. I want you to take care of Hayoung for me." smirked Eunji, finally figuring out how useful it was to make use of their promised deal of exchange.

"Alright....." Chorong said with a sigh. She couldn't say no. In exchange of Eunji helping with her debt, she would take care of Hayoung in return while the girl was away in America for three months. It seemed fair. After all, Hayoung was Eunji's everything because she came into her life.

Everything had happened way too quickly after that. Eunji's manager had called saying that he was already outside, ready to take her to the airport. The girls had to wake up the other three who were  in their still-sleepy state, dragging them into the car without any makeup on as they drove off. There wasn't even time for Bomi, Naeun and Namjoo to even be shocked at the fact that Eunji was going to Amercia now and only coming back three months lately. Who would've thought her hectic schedule would begin the moment she won the competition? All the girl could do was to apologize for not saying in earlier as they arrived Incheon International Airport in a flash.

"You better call us when you reach there!" said Bomi.

"Send us pictures too!" said Naeun.

"Don't forget the food!" said Namjoo.

"I will." smiled Eunji as she had finished dropping her luggage off at the counters and was ready to head into the departure hall. Checking the time, she pondered whether she had time or not before asking her manager. The moment he gave an okay, the girl quickly rushed into the toilet. "Wait for me!" she said before running inside.

"Why is she so cute?" laughed Chorong.

"Wow, am I hearing that right? Unnie just called Eunji cute." said Bomi with a cringe.

"Oh my god I should've recorded that" said Namjoo joining the tease.

"Please, they slept together yesterday night." said Hayoung, adding oil into the fire while Naeun laughed silently.

"Hey, you girls really-"

As the five girls waited for her with jokes and laughter in between, a man approached the group carefully. Chorong who noticed the familar figure, frowned.

"Excuse me, can we talk?" the man asked.

 

 

 

~X~

 

 

"Where's Chorong unnie?" asked Eunji the moment she got out, noticing the missing number of five girls.

"I can't believe that guy is here. Eunji-ya, go save your girl now. They're over there." said Bomi quickly, pushing her same-age friend towards the direction.

"What? What's happening?" said Eunji confused.

"You'll know when you see it unnie." said Hayoung.

Wondering what was going on, Eunji walked towards the direction her friend pointed to. In the midst of the crowded airport, it was easy to notice Chorong because of her short height. She was facing a man who was slightly taller than her, wearing a long black coat and he indeed, looked very familiar somewhere.

"Look, I don't have time to talk with you." said Chorong with a sigh.

"I know I must've upset you but I felt that we needed to-"

"I already told you that I'm cutting all ties with you Changsub-ah. I don't want to do anything with you anymore."

"Can't we just try it out? Can't we get back together like we used to?" pleaded the man persistently who was soon revealed to be Changsub, Chorong's ex-boyfriend.

"Changsub-ah, I-"

"Excuse me. She's mine." said a girl who interrupted the two. All that was needed was the apperance of a pink cap for Chorong to know that everything will be fine. Feeling the girl tightly holding onto her hand, she felt a sense of security with her presence around. Pulling Chorong into her embrace, Eunji stared at Changsub with eyes that burned with a strong message of saying "Don't touch her".

"You're-" Before Changsub could even say anything else, Eunji cut his words.

"I don't care who you are, but if you're going to talk to Chorong unnie again, you have to go past through me first. Stay away from her, you're a pest who keeps disturbing her. No, you're a cockroach. I don't want to see you hanging around her, do you understand?" hissed Eunji. Never before had Chorong seen the girl this scary but yet, seeing her like that was cute. She always had a puppy-like image in her eyes and now, she seemed like the puppy who was protecting its master.

The man was completely flustered by the whole situation, he had no idea how to respond. 

"Let's go unnie." said Eunji, not even wanting to wait for his answer as she dragged the girl away from him, until he could no longer be seen in sight.

For a moment, the two were by themselves as they slowly walked back to the entrance gate. The girl who still had her arms around Chorong's shoulders, refused to let go.

"Eunji-ya, I'm okay now."

"I can't believe that guy is still out there"

"Eunji-ya, it's okay." said Chorong, surprised to see the girl furious for the first time.

"It's not okay unnie. What if he's going to disturb you while I'm gone for three months?"

"Why? Did you think I would betray you?"

"No..."

It was then, Chorong as she stopped her footsteps, cupped her cheeks and gently kissed her lips while using her hands to block so that no one would be able to see except her. "Then, believe in me Eunji-ya." she said with a smile.

"Alright." said Eunji as she soon, broke into a smile. All it took was one kiss to calm her down. She was glad, relieved and most of all, happy. It was then, she took off her pink cap and placed it onto Chorong's head.

"Then, promise me that when we meet again in three months, you'll come to me wearing this hat. It's my lucky charm."

"Mm, I will." nodded the older girl with a smile as the two held their hands tightly, never letting go.

"Let's go to where everyone's at. They must be waiting for us." said Eunji as they walked together in the middle of the crowded airport. Wanting to spend every last second together, they were really in love.

Two girls who coincidentally met as strangers. Two girls who wanted to help each other. Two girls who became friends. Two girls who became their mental pillars of support. Two girls who fell in love.

In the end, none of them would've realised that the start of their love was all from that pink cap.

 

That's right.

 

 

 

 

 

"It was all about the pink cap"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[THE END]

 

 

 

 

A/N: Thank you everyone for reading Strangers! It was originally an Eunrong story filled with simple, heart-warming moments for the shippers out there without much drama haha. This story was based entirely from the idea of Huh Gak's Miss You MV which Chorong starred in (and Eunji as a cameo) and I honestly did have some worries writing it. But I hope that you had a good time reading as I had with writing it.  I'm always thankful for the subscribers & votes, it's always fun to read your comments too~ Do look forward to my upcoming Apink fanfics in the future, until then, let's meet again :) -pinkpanda419

 

 

P.S: I might do an afterstory chapter....would you want one? ;)