Chap 9: TOM AND JERRY

Love Potions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

∞Chap 9: TOM AND JERRY∞

Jerry discovered a secret of Tom.

After using all his strength to push the boys out of the practice room, Jeno let out a heavy sigh. They had begged him to let them stay for a bit, to see how practice was processing. Jeno refused, as he thought it would become inconvenient. He himself had no objections to their presence, since he had spent years with them, but the annoying girl in the room might feel uncomfortable with so many eyes on her.

Half an hour ago, he noticed her uncomfortable expression when they were alone in the same room. Her eyes would always dart in his direction, followed by a pout clearly displaying a little irritation. Although he was bothered by her attitude, Jeno tried to focus on dancing. However, he had felt the embarrassing atmosphere in the room affect his own performance as well. He was hesitant to believe that it was because of him and the incident, but he decided to have a little test. Excusing himself, he exited the room and hid behind the door and looked through the crystal-clear windows to see her sighing in relief.

“Finally I am free.”

He was right! She was afraid of him. A part of him wanted to soothe this tricky situation by opening up to her. Some jokes would surely lighten up the atmosphere. Plus, he was neither a strict nor an arrogant person. Forgiving her was a thing he had done right after she apologized. So, why did he still act cold towards her like this?

Jeno could not understand his own behavior. During the practice, he was ready to start the conversation and officially become reconciled. But the moment he wanted to talk, he found himself struggling with choosing the words to start. They had to get rid of this ambience sooner or later, but both were unwilling to talk.

Coming back to the moment, when they had a so-called conversation, or a small argument that kids usually had, Jeno once again questioned his sentences. His words were a bit harsh, although he swore he did not mean them to.

The boys had already gone, and he thought it was the perfect time for a small peace offering.

“Hey,” he called, seeing the girl in front of him tense up.

“Did I do something wrong again?” The nervous and soft spoken girl from this morning was replaced with a blunt attitude. Turning around to face Jeno, a tired look was shown on Lina’s face.

“I just want to make up with you but your reaction is bothersome,” he furrowed his eyebrows and squinted at her.

“You know what? Actually we don’t need to make up and be friends. I prefer continuing this kind of relationship. It’s gonna be a lot funnier,” she excitedly said, showing out her typical high-spirited smile.

“So, we’re enemies?” Jeno asked, tilting his head to one side. Her reply was not expected, and he had no clue what she was talking about.

“I prefer ‘Tom and Jerry’ couple,” Lina put up her index finger, moved it from side to side, and looked at Jeno who was showing doubt.

“They’re basically enemies,” he answered shortly with a low voice, but inside, he was experiencing an unknown feeling: a mixture of disappointment and fear, as he did not want them to become enemies. He was not sure what the reason was. From a professional idol’s perspective, it would be hard to work for the stage if two idols hated each other. But Jeno knew that wasn’t the only reason.

“No no. There are more special things about them.”

Not needing to know what special things Lina was referring to, Jeno unintentionally sagged in relief.

She explained, “They may look like enemies, fighting against each other. But there isn’t a single day they can be apart. Remember the part where Tom thought Jerry had dead, he tried to save him. When there is a bigger enemy, those two help each other. They’re called ‘frenemies’.”

Lina paused after delivering a speech about her favorite cartoon and waited for Jeno’s reaction.

“What do you mean?” Jeno felt more puzzled after hearing her explanation. He expected a hidden meaning under a story of the legendary cartoon, but it was hard to understand what she meant.

“I knew you’d ask. So basically, we’ve annoyed each other a lot, right?” she stopped, expecting a reply. Jeno felt her eyes on him; he abruptly nodded his head without planning to. Lina continued, “But I truly believe that you’re not a cold person. I’ve talked with a trainer and he said that Jeno was a warm-hearted guy. Tom, who wants to kill Jerry, is you, while playful and cute Jerry, is me.”

He had no clue why they were talking about him.

“Why did you ask him about me?” he asked. She replied while moving her index finger from left to right once again with her head also shaking in the same movement of her fingers.

“Oh please. I was not asking about you. I was asking about m… but wait, why do I have to tell you?” Lina stopped, realizing she went too far. She almost revealed her own secret.

“Forget about it. Continue whatever you’re saying.” He replied, immediately regretting his cold words.

“You’re so mean,” she pouted at him, making her cheeks flush a little. Jeno kept his expressionless face. “Anyway, we’re like Tom and Jerry: annoy each other but I know that a part of you is a caring brother. I’m 3 years younger than you so I’m basically the group’s little sis. So you can help me whenever you like!” Lina spread her arms, put a radiant smile and pretended like she was showing him something significant.

“You can help me whenever you like?” he quoted a sentence from her speech. “Do you need my help but want to keep reputation?”

Lina was stung where it hurts. Jeno surely knew how to read her mind and she could not know why he was able to do that. Superpower? Magic?

Was he also a…?

“Your face says it all.”

Her thoughts were cut by a sudden answer from him, who was completely the opposite of her, with a face that was illegible.

“Okay. So please, before the trainer gets back, I have questions. Really important ones, you must answer honestly.” Jeno’s hands were suddenly grabbed and he found himself falling on the ground. The little girl kept him sit straight, and she sat down as well.

“Did you try to kill me?” He fixed his position to a more comfortable pose. The girl was so unique… like Haechan, that it surprised him. Over 1

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter