Chapter 27

Like Romeo And Juliet

                                                              

                                   

 

I groaned and turned around, pulling the blanket with me. I opened my eyes slightly. Something weird was going on. Why didn’t Kyuhyun fight for the blankets? I sighed and turned over again to see Kyuhyun’s side empty.
“Kyuhyun?” I croaked.
“Called for me babe?” I sat straight up and turned my attention to the door. He was wearing a white dress shirt ed and revealing his chest while on the bottom he wore black skinny jeans with the belt buckle sticking out. I blushed slightly and turned my head to look out the window.
“We’re in California…” I murmured, slightly surprised then remembered everything all over again. “We’re. In. California.” I said through clenched teeth this time then replayed Kyuhyun’s excuse over in my head. “Romantic,” I scoffed. He smirked but came over and sat next to me on the white bed. “What’s that?” I murmured, looking at the tray of food stacked high.
“Breakfast in bed for wifey,” he murmured while giving me a peck on the cheek. I blushed and wiped with the back of my hand at where his lips touched, red faced and embarrassed.
“I can’t eat all this,” I murmured.
He smirked and stuffed a piece of sausage into his mouth. “I didn’t have breakfast either.” I shrugged, still embarrassed and grabbed a fork and popped the yolk of eggs, the sunny side up.
“You’re up early,” I said after stuffing down a quarter of the food. Kyuhyun sat crossed legged on the bed while one hand was slung over my shoulders and the other fed his mouth in a daze.
“Huh, oh. Uh, it’s just nice to be back and all and…oh that’s right! The guys are coming over.” I groaned, suddenly not feeling so hungry and instead my stomach seemed to be pounding against me instead of digesting the food. “What’s wrong, babe?” I ignored his term since I was use to him calling me ‘babe’ or ‘wifey’.
“Your friends.”
“Why, nervous,” I could see the cocky grin behind his innocent expression.
“Yes actually. Just the thought of taking care of mini-Kyuhyun clones is already tiring me out.” He kissed the top of my head then rested his chin there, staring out of the window. I felt a warm sensation come over me and a urge to rest me head against his chest that reveals a nice set of abs, but not those huge ones that you see on TV. Just how a regular boy should look…and more. I stared at it for a while noticing lot of strange bumps. Like scars but the color of his skin, hardly there.
“Impressed,” Kyuhyun murmured but I ignored his teasing. I reached out and touched the bumps then started sliding my hands, realizing that the scars were actually one really long one from the place above the left and down, ending right above his hips heading in a diagonal line. 
“Where did you get this,” I murmured, mesmerized and tracing the scar. Kyuhyun shivered and pulled my hand, catching my attention. I looked up at him to see he was shaking and staring up at the ceiling.
“Kyuhyun?” I murmured. 
He just kept string up at the ceiling but then moved his eyes away and looked at giving me a slight smile. “Everyone can’t be as innocent as you, Yoong.” I stared at him in curiosity and he chuckled and before I realized it he was pushing me onto the bed. He leaned down, his nose trailing from my ear to my jaw. “Your to pure for this world, Yoong,” he smiled at me, for once a genuine smiled. Then he got off me and headed to the closet. I just continued staring at the spot Kyuhyun was just a second ago then I realized what happened and silence my heart and controlled my breathing. Here’s a lesson, it’s impossible to control your heart. When he closed the closet doors and stepped out I just ogled at him before immediately turning away and staring at the ceiling. What’s wrong with me? Am I dying or am I… I turned to take a peek at Kyuhyun once more. Falling in love? I slapped at my head. Don’t you hate it when you don’t want to think of something but that means you have to remind yourself not to think about it but then you realize you’re still thinking about? Don’t you just hate that? I turned my head and looked out the window, feeling the warm light embrace me and my eyes start to close. I fell asleep.
 
~~~*~~~
 
When I woke up again it was 1pm. I closed my eyes and sighed, I must be really tired. I placed my palm over my heart and scoffed. The beat of my heart was calm like it had never reacted. Obviously what happened early was a dream. I snorted and sat up, feeling light headed from sleeping in too much. I pulled away the white comforter and went to the bathroom. I took a quick hot shower, relieving myself, then got out and pulled at my hair with a comb and hurriedly brushed my teeth then headed over to the closet. Kyuhyun must have unpacked for me. I pulled on a pair of purple skinny jeans with a green belt, buckling it randomly so it hung outwards. I found a black faded t-shirt and threw on a white zip-up hoodie over it and pulled the hood over my head. I stepped out of the room and continued moving to the stairs, the sound of people yelling over each other enthusiastically made me hurry. When I reached the final step I realized the sound was coming from the kitchen. Great, and I was still hungry. I rolled my eyes and kept walking towards the kitchen. When I got there the first thing I see was a guy squirting Heinz ketchup from the bottle at the other guy, both exclaiming loudly. I clenched my teeth, thinking of how I had to clean it later.
"Stop squirting, damn it!" All eyes were on me now. I glared down the smiling boy with the ketchup bottle.
“I’m Sungmin,” the boy I was glaring at smiled. I groaned quietly, I could tell he was one of those-innocent-looking-happy-go-lucky-who-speaks-there-mind-puppy-dog type of person. He had black hair that was messy in a cute way.
“Eunhyuk and Ryeowook,” Kyuhyun pointed at the two remaining guys. Ryeowook had brown hair and brown eyes and seemed to look extremely, what’s the word…normal. Two similar things about all three of them were that they were good looking and had an american accents. I sighed, feeling sad as I stared at the mess. Suddenly I wasn't so hungry anymore.
“Where are you going?” Kyuhyun called.
“Out.”
“Okay, just wait for the guys to clean up and then we’ll come with you.”
“Kyuhyun, you’re not the only person I know in LA.”
“Oh…but then I won’t get to do something romantic today.”
“Too bad.” I stepped away and headed for the door then stopped.
“Kyuhyun, where are the car keys?” 
He smirked. “Come on.” We went to the front hall and Kyuhyun pulled me to stand in front a small cabinet built in to the wall with sliding wooden doors.
“Really? That extreme?”
“What can I say? I like my cars.”
I pushed the cabinet doors aside to find many hooks with different keys on each one. “Wow,” I murmured, “Got a red one?”
Kyuhyun examined the keys then picked one. “How about a Chevrolet Corvette C6?”
“Sweet,” I reached for the keys but Kyuhyun pulled away.
“I want something in return, first.” I glared at him and he tapped his lips with his finger. I smiled, leaned in, and elbowed him in the gut. “Ugh,” Kyuhyun groaned and I took that as a go for the keys. I headed to the garage and there was an alarm on it. Gee, who would have guest. Of course I knew Kyuhyun well enough to know he forgets easily so he would use the same code repeatedly. I smirked and dialed in the numbers then watched as the garage door lifted from the floor to see a lot of sleek glimmering cars lined up and centered with many spot lights. I found the car easily and got in and began driving, having no idea where I was going. Soon I stopped and looked at the contacts list on my phone. I finally stopped at one and smirked. “Well, well, well, I believe we have some unfinished business between us.” I clicked on the name and looked at the address, memorizing it then frown. “Maybe I should have brought Kyuhyun.” I sighed and opened the cubby in front of the passenger seat where a map lay. I picked it up and went threw it till I found the page to where the house was then where I was. “I just need to turn a few times,” I murmured to myself then lay my head on the head rest and closed my eyes. I scrolled threw the names once more then found the name I was looking for.
“Hey babe, what’s up?”
“I need help with directions
“Are you sure that’s all? Oh and thanks for your little ‘gift’.”
“No prob. Can you help me?”
“Help you…”
“Pretty please.”
Kyuhyun chuckled. “Alright, go for it.” I told him the address and where I currently was.
“Oh and Kyuhyun?”
“Yeah?”
“Now that you know where I’m going will you do me a favor by not coming after me?”
“No,” he replied simply, not even thinking about it.
I sighed. “Ya, I thought so.”
I hung up and followed Kyuhyun’s directions and stopped at a tall glass house.
“Well, well. Let’s have some fun IU.”