Jealousy

The Words You May Never Hear.

 

One Month Earlier:

He loves me… he loves me not… he loves me... he loves me not… he loves me… he loves me not… he loves me… not…

“Hey, Mir.”

He loves me not… wait, I just did that…

“MIR!”

“WHAT!” Mir yelled at Seungho, scaring the birds that were sitting on the phone pole above them.

“Dude, be quiet.” Seungho whispered, gesturing towards the elderly couple that was sitting on the other side of the park.

Mir looked over at them to see the woman glaring at him, and the older man yelled at him to be quieter.

“Sorry!” he called out, and then he turned to Seungho. “What’s up?” Mir asked him.

Seungho shrugged. “We were just wondering if you were okay.”

“What do you mean? I’m fine.”

“You’ve been sitting there and tearing that flower to pieces for the last five minutes.”

Mir looked down and saw a rather torn-up daisy sitting in his hand, the petals ripped in half and the stem bent. “Oh,” he said, setting the flower down in front of him, “I was… umm… collecting flower petals. For an art project! Yeah…” he grabbed the broken petals and shoved them in his pocket quickly.

“Or he’s just pissed off,” Thunder mumbled, and Dara, who happened to be with them, shoved her brother off the bench that they were sitting on.

Mir sighed and ran his fingers through his brown hair. Well, Thunder was right, that’s for sure; Mir was pissed off. Well, not pissed off. He was more frustrated than pissed off. And Joon was the cause of it.

Mir had started liking Joon only a month ago, and it was already getting to him. When he was in school a couple years ago, it usually took him more than four months before he actually realized that he liked a guy, but this time he knew in a month, and it was already getting frustrating. He knew for sure that Joon was straight, which is what frustrated him so much. But how would he get over him?

“Mir, are you sure that you're okay?” Seungho asked, looking at the frown on Mir’s face.

Mir looked up and flashed him a fake smile. “I’m fine, don’t worry.” His eyed then traveled over to Joon, who was sitting with G.O. and Park Bom, playing Go Fish.

All of the sudden, Joon looked up at him, and Mir tore his eyes away, his heart beating fast.

Why did you let him catch you staring at him like that?

Pabo, pabo, PABO.

“Well, we better go.” Dara said, standing up and grabbing Bommie’s arm, “If we don’t get back to the dorm before five, CL and Minzy are gonna leave for the press conference without us.”

Joon smiled. “Okay, see ya.” He then went over to Park Bom and hugged her, and Mir’s heart sank. All these thoughts came rushing into his head; thoughts of him and Park Bom on dates, Joon kissing her, the two of them holding hands…

Okay, so maybe he was overreacting. He knew that Joon was only helping Bom to get over her homesickness, but he couldn’t help but think that it was something more. He was always spending time around her, and whenever she wasn’t practicing or promoting, she was at their house. He knew that he would support them if it did turn out to be real (or at least act like it) even he would be extremely jealous; who wouldn’t be?

Mir was so caught up in his own thoughts that he didn’t realize the rest of the group leaving without him. “Hey, wait up!” He yelled after them, throwing his iPhone into his bag and running after them.