Chapter 8

Our Secret

The morning rolled by quicker than what Baekhyun would have wanted. He stretched his arms over his head with a wide yawn and looked to his side, a huge grin taking over his mouth.

Next to him was his boyfriend, peacefully asleep and an arm tightly wrapped around his waist. He slowly moved closer to the tall man's face and pecked his lips, grinning even wider when a small sleepy smile tugged at the corners of Tao's mouth.

"Morning" Baekhyun whispered lovingly, Tao squinting an eye open to look at his lover.

"Morning puppy" Tao whispered back, a hand coming up to caress Baekhyun's cheek. Baekhyun leaned to the touch before wriggling out of Tao's hold and jumping out of the bed.

"Where are you going?" Tao asked pushing himself up on his elbows, looking at his boyfriend with sleepy eyes.

"To freshen up and start our great day" the short man answered leaving the bedroom door open and walking to the bathroom, leaving that door open as well.

"But it's so early~~" The tall man whined, slumping back on the bed and covering his face with a pillow. A chuckle came from the bathroom before the water of the sink was heard running. Tao smiled and got up, entering the bathroom and attaching himself to Baekhyun with a back hug.

"Come on, your turn" Baekhyun smiled, moving away from the sink when he was done and washing his face. Tao chuckled and started to wash his face and brush his teeth, his boyfriend slapping his before slipping out of the bathroom for a moment, coming back soon after with some fresh clothes.

"So, where do you think Chanyeol will send us to?" Tao asked, leaning back against the sink when he was done.

"Not a clue" Baek answered with a small pout, setting the water to the right temperature before starting to strip himself.

"Oh, well guess we will have to wait and find out, bright side is, he got us some extra time to be together and settle things" Tao smiled, looking at Baek as he hopped in the shower.

"Yeah well... He got me that time to... Actually think of a solution for our problem... And consider the possibility of filling a lawsuit" Baekhyun said in a low breath, getting under the stream of water and letting the water run through his body.

"Ok, and how do you feel about this?" Tao asked from his spot, turning round to look at himself in the mirror.

"I-I... I don't know... I'm actually scared to be honest" Baekhyun admitted, gulping a little as he ran his hands through his hair.

"How was it for you?... Hurry up and get over here, I'm lonely already!" Baekhyun asked before adding the whine. Tao chuckled shaking his head, a grin appearing on his lips as he started to lose his clothes.

"Well, for me it was also scary to be honest, all the hate I would get, and that I got, it was bad, I even thought I had made a mistake at first, maybe it was better if I endured everything with you guys, that maybe if I got back and begged enough, they could allow me to join the group again and fans would love me again" Tao started, getting in the shower looking at Baekhyun's back with a smile. The taller man slowly reached up and caressed Baekhyun's shoulders before pressing a soft kiss on one of them.

"But then I remembered all that I had gone through, and I couldn't make my mind on what to do, then when I was traveling around, I saw all these fans, more than you could count, seas of them, both from EXO and biased, showing me their support, their love, their loyalty" he told the older man, softly running his hands along his arms.

"Really? Do we have that many fans?" Baekhyun turned around looking up at the younger with wide eyes.

"Yes we do, but they weren't what convinced me to keep up what I was doing" Tao added with a smile, softly caressing Baekhyun's hair. Baekhyun leaned in to the touch, his eyebrows knitting together cutely.

"They weren't? Then what was it?" Baekhyun asked his lover, reaching up and placing his hands on Tao's shoulders.

"It was you, my reason to keep on going was you, to know that you were there with me, that you would love me no matter what, it gave me strength and courage, and I want you to know, that I will be here, by your side, no matter what ok, no matter the situation, nor what you chose, this is my place, this is where I belong, this is where I'll be, right by your side ok" Tao said with a loving smile, his large hand coming to cup Baekhyun's face.

"Thank you. Thank you so much" Baekhyun said in a low grateful voice, placing his smaller hands on top of Tao's and them with his thumbs.

"Anything for you, my one and only" Tao whispered softly with a smile as he leaned in for a kiss. Baekhyun smiled at the tanned man and leaned in for the kiss as well, closing the space between them as he got closer to the other man.

-

"Man, it's been so long since I took this road, of course, it used to be on a backseat, but it's still been long" Tao mustered as he took a turn and parked the car near the back door of the SM building, where fans didn't roam. Baekhyun chuckled as he took off the seatbelt and pulled on his hood.

"Will you be alright? Would you want me to stay around?" Tao asked lifting his arm and resting his elbow on the passenger seat, twiddling a strap of Baek's hoodie between his fingers while he looked at his lover's face.

"Don't worry Tao, I'll be fine, I promise" Baekhyun said showing his best smile to his boyfriend.

"Stay nearby, noted" Tao nodded, earning a sigh and a chuckle from Baekhyun.

"You worry too much Taozi, I'll be fine, really" Baekhyun smiled raising up from his seat a little.

"I worry just enough" Tao said looking at their surroundings. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took a soft hold of Tao's chin, and pressing a kiss on his lips. He pulled back and chuckled, Tao chuckling a well with a smile.

"I promise I'll be careful" Baekhyun said with a loving smile, caressing Tao's cheek with the tip of his fingers. Tao nodded and pecked his lips once more.

"Ok, I'll keep in touch, call me before going out and I'll be waiting here" The dark skinned man said, Baekhyun nodding in agreement before getting out of the car.

With a smile, Baek waved at Tao before walking into the building. He made his way through the familiar hallways and up to where his group was, the first one to greet him being Chanyeol.

"So, did you rest well?" Chanyeol asked with a smile ruffling Baekhyun's hair. Baekhyun chuckled nodding and walked to the table, checking what today’s schedule was.

"Today is dance practice, we were taking a moment for warm ups before starting" Jongin said, jogging up to them and placing his hands on his hips.

"Ok, so monster or lucky one?" Baekhyun asked, walking to where Chanyeol had left their bags and taking his clothes to change.

"Lucky one, it's easier and you don't bust a fuse, that way you'll still have some energy for the travel, but when you get back we are doing Dancing King" Kai added with a smile, patting Baekhyun's back.

"Yo Jongin! What are you doing man?" Sehun asked from afar, giving Kai a confused questioning look. Kai rolled his eyes before focusing back on Baekhyun.

"So? What are we waiting for? Let's start" Baekhyun smiled walking behind the changing curtain and getting into his practice clothes.

"We are waiting for Kyungsoo who is in his bathroom break and Junmyeon is looking for his sneakers." Jongin informed his friend with a chuckle.

"I SWEAR TO GOD CHEN, IF YOU KEEP HIDING MY SHOES I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THEM" Suho shouted as he walked back with his sneakers in hand, them filled with paper shreds.

"Where did he hide them this time?" Kyungsoo asked when he came back, being greeted by a snickering Jongdae.

"The paper shredder" Suho huffed, sitting down and putting on his shoes for the practice. The group started chatting and getting into position when Lay cleared his throat a little.

"I be right back guys, I really need to take a bathroom break" Yixing said looking around rubbing his arm. Junmyeon gave him a once over before nodding.

"Then go, you know your way" Suho said, keeping an eye on him while he walked away.

Lay glanced back before locking the door of the bathroom. The Chinese furrowed his eyebrows as he pulled his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it. He opened the message tray and read the last message he had received from the manager.

Manager: if you find that tell me, and we can talk of some privileges.

The man gulped thickly as his finger hovered over the keyboard of the phone. He didn't know what to do, Baekhyun seemed harmless, but he was a homo.

He was warned about this once. His parents never showed a full opinion about the subject, but his manager did and he warned him. The manager told him on a day they were setting a schedule while on dinner and a gay couple passed by. The manager said that it was a corrosive poison that would slowly eat through society and destroy the order. People would turn a blind eye to this and say it wasn't a problem, but it was, he could tell. They would take what didn't belong to them as if it did and people would be ok with it. They would corrupt the minds of people making them believe they weren't at fault and that it was the people who were against it's fault. At first he didn't thought it was possible, and the manager kept trying to convince him about it. Now that Baekhyun was there, he was starting to believe that what the manager had said was true.

His gaze hardened into a glare as his mind went wild. Why did that homo get more things than him, vacations, extra resting time, less hours of practice, and he got to stay in his home country. He had to always brake his back and withstand so much, from both the staff and the fans just because he was like this, and now someone like Baekhyun just came and scooped all the benefits without effort. Well now that would go through hell for all that.

Yixing: He's at the SM building, training room B, they are talking about a travel.

He finished typing and moved his finger to the send button, his face raising for a moment. He looked at himself in the mirror and frowned. Somehow he didn't recognized himself in the mirror, something didn't feel right. It did feel like his heart was being poisoned, but it confused him. His gritted his teeth for a moment and shook his head, trying to settle his thoughts.

"It's easier to blame it on the people who have the true fault, don't think about it much boy" his manger had said to him with a pat on the shoulder. That was after Baekhyun sneaked out, and the man had given him a free day next Friday and an extra interview at a comfortable hour for it. He felt even more confused. He huffed and nodded sending the message.

"I-it's.... It's Baek's own fault for doing what he's doing..... Right?" Lay whispered to himself and looked at the screen with the message that had been sent. With a sigh he nodded to himself and walked out of the bathroom. The others looked at him carefully, making him try a reassuring smile. Guilt tugged at his heart making him feel low like dirt when he met Baekhyun's eyes and the other just grinned at him. His brows furrowed into another glare towards Baekhyun as he started to chant that it was Baekhyun's fault in his mind while they started the practice.

Now it was just a matter of waiting for the manager.

--

thank you for the susbcribes everyone! don't be afraid to comment!