Chapter 3

Our Secret

Giving a wary look at the bathroom door, he decided to take a small peek at the phone. On the screen of the small rectangular phone a message could be seen, from a contact with a strange name and the picture of a yellow bird that he knew too well as the contact picture. Chanyeol frowned deeply in confusion and looked at the beginning of the message that was seen on the phone.

Woodstock: hey, I saw the news before the.....

Chanyeol frowned and sighed, his curiosity convincing him into unlocking the phone and reading the message.

Woodstock: hey, I saw the news before they could put it down from the sites, I hope you're ok, let me know that you're ok puppy. I love you.

Chanyeol's eyes widened at the message and a small smile formed on his face. He was glad that his friend found someone to love and care for that by the looks of it would care and love him back just as much. He placed the phone down and laid back on the bed pondering on possibilities. He wondered who could be this mysterious man his friend was so mixed up with.

-

Baekhyun huffed as he stripped himself and stepped inside the shower. He allowed the water run through his head and down to his body while he closed his eyes in thought. The first thing he did was curse at himself for being so careless and allowing someone to know his secret. He was terrified of what his manager would do to him now, what his bandmates would think of him now.

All those worries were, however, brushed away by a single thought that gave opening to new thoughts. That always happened when he thought of one thing, and that was him.

Every time he thought of him everything else just vanished. His heart skipped a beat and his stomach did flips. Even picturing him there with him was easy, every inch of the man's body, his face, his natural scent, all was engraved in Baekhyun's memory. He closed his eyes and with a deep breath he opened them again, smiling as he could picture the other right there with him.

"Don't worry puppy, everything will be ok, you'll see" the image of the other man reassured him, even when he wasn't there in reality.

"I know" Baekhyun whispered back to no one with a smile as he started to wash himself.

By the time Baekhyun was done with his bath he felt relaxed and ready for anything. He stepped out of the shower and dried his body with the fluffiest towel there was in the bathroom. After he dressed himself in the oversized t-shirt he had and fresh baby blue colored boxers he walked out of the bathroom with a content sigh.

-

After a while another message arrived. This time Chanyeol ignored it, using his own phone as distraction. A few seconds after the message made the phone buzz, Baekhyun walked out of the bathroom and got into the room with a relaxed sigh.

"Your phone buzzed" Chanyeol informed playing some random game on his phone. Baekhyun blinked before speed walking to his phone, picking it up to check the messages. A small smile spread through Baek's face as soon as he read them, fingers typing quickly the replies.

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun biting his lips. He was dying to know more, but he was afraid of the reaction, so he decided playing dumb when asking.

"Who is it? Manager?" Chanyeol asked glancing at his friend. Baekhyun stopped typing for a moment while pondering what to say, before his lips to speak.

"No, it's not the manager it’s....... It’s him.... The guy I was caught with" Baekhyun answered resuming his chatting.

"What? Planning another meeting with your peanut?" Chanyeol asked chuckling a little and taking his laptop from under his bed.

"You saw my phone didn't you?" Baekhyun asked his friend chuckling at the busted face he made.

"Yes" Chanyeol answered hanging his head low with a pout. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head, snatching his giant plus toy back and plopping on his bed with his arms wrapped around it. Chanyeol chuckled at his friends behavior, raising his eyebrows when the shorter's phone buzzed.

"You two have some serious connection, not even a whole minute passed since the last message you sent" Chanyeol mused, earning a shrug from Baekhyun who kept the wide smile on his face while he talked through the phone.

Chanyeol chuckled as he browsed through the internet. His face turned serious as he saw the news and the storm that crashed everywhere. Some fans seemed thrilled by the news, showering Baekhyun with support and nice thoughts, but others were plain hate. Some even accused him of being unfaithful to them, or to Chanyeol, making the tall man scoff.

"What's so funny?" Baekhyun questioned curiously, looking at the tall man as he put his phone down.

"Some fans freaking out, saying that you're unfaithful to me and that my heart is broken" he informed with a laugh. Baekhyun chuckled looking at his friend, Chanyeol slumping back dramatically.

"How could you! Baekkie! I thought that what we had was real!!! Whyyyyyy!!" Chanyeol wailed loudly with his arm draped over his eyes dramatically. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and took his blanket, wrapping it around his body and draping it over his head as a hood.

"I'm sorry Yeol, I just... I realize that... I don't love you, I never did, I love him! And only him!" Baekhyun dramatized kneeling next to the bed.

"So... This between us.... I never had a chance!" Chaneyol sat up putting his most heartbroken face, trying hard to not laugh.

"No yeol... Never" Baekhyun whispered, trying to hold his own laughter.

"I see" Chayeol nodded, gasping and holding his chest as if he was having a heart attack.

"No yeol! No no! Please don't go!" Baekhyun faked cried holding Chanyeol's hand, fake sobbing when Chanyeol 'died'. As Baekhyun was about to do some more lines, the door suddenly opened.

"You two think this is funny!" Sehun huffed angrily looking at the pair in the room. Baekhyun rolled his eyes getting up.

"So much for the fun time" Baekhyun muttered walking to his bed.

"It's like you two are dancing on EXO's grave and you don't even care! I wouldn't be surprised if you were just like him!" Sehun barked towards Chanyeol, pointing an accusing finger at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just flinched and gulped, his back facing Sehun as he tried to ignore him.

"Hey! You're taking it too far Sehun!" Chanyeol said getting up and walking towards Sehun.

"I-I" Sehun stuttered glaring at them. He didn't want to be rude, he didn't want to be like this, but he was confused and scared.

"I swear, if EXO dies because of you faggots, I will kill you" Sehun spat, his eyes widening when he realized what he said.

"Get out" Chanyeol said in a threateningly low voice.

"Yeol, Baek... I-I'm sorry, I-I d-didn't mean to" Sehun tried again gulping. A pair of hands shoved him out of the room, Baekhyun glaring at him standing in front of Chanyeol. Baekhyun had just shoved Sehun out of their room.

Sehun stumbled backwards, looking at them with wide eyes. Another pair of hands steadied Sehun and helped him get up. Sehun looked back to meet Lay's eyes, getting up and out of Lay's grasp.

The youngest member knew he needed to talk to the pair in the room, but he would do it later. Sehun straightened up and gulped, walking to the living room quietly. First he had to calm down and sort out what he was feeling, if it was true hatred or fear.

Yixing stood there, looking at Sehun and then at the pair of the room. His eyes lingered on Baekhyun, his eyebrows knitting together as he got deep in thought. Like that he walked his own way, locking himself in his bedroom.

"Thanks for the help, but I can take care of myself, not the first time I get hate" Baekhyun said, closing the bedroom door and walking past Chanyeol with a side smile. The tall man looked at his best friend with sad eyes.

"Still, that's not nice, he shouldn't do that" Chanyeol said sitting in his own bed.

"He probably didn't mean it, it hurts still, but he didn't mean it... I hope" Baekhyun reassured his friend with a small shrug. Chanyeol pursed his lips and knitted his brows in distaste, still not ok with the way the others were acting towards his best friend.

"Well, better get some shut eye, we have a heavy schedule tomorrow" Baekhyun sighed, getting ready to sleep.