Chapter 6

Our Secret

They reached the place in record time and managed to get to the right floor without any problem.

"It should be around here" Chanyeol muttered as he read the numbers of the doors.

"But these are all master suites, like really expensive ones.... Are you sure these are the right ones" Chen muttered looking around baffled.

"Well, it's the place, the floor and soon the door, we will know when we knock on the door" Chanyeol said, reaching a door.

"Guys wait, there's something I found out before" Suho huffed, jogging to catch up with the others. He huffed and wheezed a little as he caught his breath, having been left behind since they got out of the dorm. Right as he was about to say what he wanted to say, Chanyeol knocked on the door of the room.

The hotel room had a window next to the door, covered by a thick curtain. A corner of the curtain was bent and stuck with a chair, granting view inside. Chen and Kai kneeled a little, looking through the gap as shuffling was heard inside. Baekhyun was seen sitting on a couch far from the window, the backrest of the couch facing the window. Baekhyun laughed happily looking to the side, following the other person in the room with his gaze.

"Hey, stop pushing me~" Chen whined as he wanted to see as well. Kai shushed the other and tried to get a peek at the other person. His brows knitted together as he saw the back of the other person when he bent down to search for something in a backpack.

"I think they ordered food, there are some delivery service menus on the floor" Kai muttered before looking back at the other person. His eyes widened when the other man straightened up and looked towards the door, Jongin getting a better look of the man's face.

"Oh. My. Holy waffles!" Jongin said as he stepped back with wide eyes. Everyone looked at him with a deep frown, judging him to no end.

"What is it! I want to see!" Chen whined and tried to take another peek through the gap.

"What did you see Kai?" Kyungsoo said, just as the doorknob was twisted open from the inside.

"It was-" he started, getting cut off by the door opening to reveal the face of the man they had been wondering about so much.

"ZiTao" Suho said in confirmation "that's what I was trying to tell you guys" the leader said as he met eyes with their ex-bandmate.

Tao just gaped looking at them in complete shock, all words abandoning him. The other members of EXO just gaped at him in the same way, except for Suho who took a step forward.

"Is it the delivery guy Taozi" Baekhyun said walking towards the door with a grin, his grin disappearing when he spotted the others.

"Chanyeol! What did you do! What are you doing here! I trusted you!" Baekhyun said, his mind working on high speed.

"I know you did.... But something bad happened" Chanyeol said, bouncing on the ball of his feet looking around. Baekhyun eyed everyone from head to toes warily and moved back, grabbing Tao by the hand and pulling him back as well. Tao placed one of his hands on Baekhyun's waist and kept his eyes on the others with the same wary look Baekhyun had. When everyone was in, Baekhyun led them to the couch, rubbing his face with both hands.

"So what is so important that you had to come over here?" Baekhyun asked, smiling thankfully at Tao when the other brought him a pair of sweat pants, the shorter having been in boxers before.

"Wait, where you about to get laid? Or just..." Chanyeol asked wagging his eyebrows. Baekhyun heaved a sigh.

"We were just watching a movie and waiting for food Yeol, now what is it?" Baekhyun asked, sitting on the chair that was in front of the couch.

"I will... Go get some ice" Tao suggested, taking the room key and the ice bucket and walking out of the room. Baekhyun nodded and looked at Tao on his way out, focusing on his bandmates when he was gone.

"The manager knows you sneaked out, Lay told on you, they don't know where we are tho" Suho explained carefully.

"Kai told them you went in another direction and bought us some time, but you need to think of something before they figure it out and go on a massive search party and find you" Kyungsoo added, crossing his arms with a worried expression.

"He will flip when he does.... And even worst if he finds out that.... that Tao is the other guy from the picture" Chen added, looking at his friend just worried as the others. Baekhyun gulped and nodded in understanding.

"Thanks for the time guys... But truth is... It won’t matter, we don't know what to do... we will need more time than just a few hours to come up with a decent plan... and we all know that the time I actually have is almost up...." Baekhyun said rubbing his arm uneasily. The friends looked at Baekhyun sadly, each with their own set of thoughts and feelings.

Chen looked at Baekhyun with sad eyes, really wishing there was something he could do to help. Maybe he could help by doing something that would distract the manager or something. Kyungsoo thought the same way, his fingers twiddling together as he tried to think of something useful.

Jongin was in deep thought as well. Looking at Baekhyun's resignation as he accepted that he was trapped against the wall, that look the other had made his heart ache. How he wished he had chosen his side sooner and how he wished that he could have provided more time for Baekhyun to think of something.

Suho's loud sigh earned everyone’s attention.

"Look guys... I know we once had a very serious talk about this after what happened.... You know... With Tao, Kris and Luhan... but.... Baek you should fill in a lawsuit, get away from the manager" Suho said seriously, looking at Baekhyun in the eyes. Almost instantly, Baekhyun started to shake his head in denial, not liking what his Hyung was saying.

"What?! No! Are you crazy! That will be even worst! You know what that will do to the group!" Baekhyun said, getting to his feet already getting terrified by the idea.

"Baekhyun, Suho's right, it's only a matter of time, plus we won’t hate you, we all understand” Kyungsoo tried to get the other man to reason, Baekhyun shaking his head once again.

"No! I don't want to cause any more trouble, I can handle this some other way!" Baekhyun fought back anxiously.

"What other way Baekhyun?! You damned safety is in the line, this is not just some petty argument Baekhyun!" Suho said getting up as well. He never liked raising his voice when talking to the other members, but the way Baekhyun thought of them more than of his own safety just hurt.

"I-I don't know..." Baekhyun muttered before falling silent, his gaze falling down as he stared at the floor. With another sigh Suho sat back down, running a hand through his hair while he thought.

"Let's face it Baekhyun, it's not safe for you to do what you're doing just for us" Chen said, looking as Baekhyun slowly sat down.

"I know.... But I can't just do what you guys are telling me to do without thought, just like that... I will probably lose as well" Baekhyun said, his voice sounding defeated.

"If I could get you some time to think about it, would you do it?" Chanyeol asked, looking at his best friend, hands resting on his knees. Baekhyun looked up from his place, his lips forming a thin line in thought.

"I would think about it carefully and do it ... IF it was the only way.... But I doubt you could find me some more time" Baekhyun said shaking his head.

"That, my friend, is where you are wrong" Chanyeol smiled getting up and patting his friend's shoulder. Baekhyun looked at him skeptically, his eyes following the tall dork as he walked out of the hotel room with his phone for a moment.

"So, everyone caught up?" Tao asked as he held the door open for Chanyeol to get out. He made sure the door wouldn't close and leave Chanyeol outside, before moving to where the others were.

"More or less... I do have some questions for you, young man" Suho said pointing at Tao. Tao nodded slowly and placed the ice container on the small table of the room.