Chapter 10

Our Secret

Baekhyun smiled looking out the window at the clouds. They had a delay on the plane and now they were in a flight during the night, but Baekhyun didn't mind at all. It felt even more peaceful to be out in the dark, the stars up above and the clouds around the plane. To be there in that dimly lit plane, next to his best friend and his boyfriend, it felt like was in the perfect place, making it feel like an incredible dream.

He chuckled softly when he remembered Tao's face. He looked like a kid that had been just told he was going to Disney when they learnt Chanyeol was taking them to China. It was confusing as to why Chanyeol would take them there, but he figured that it would be the best. It was a place where no one would ever think of looking. In the eyes of those who didn't knew what was happening, there was nothing Baekhyun would look for there. There wasn't place Baekhyun knew either, so all in all, it was the perfect hiding place.

"Here" the smooth voice of his lover was heard, making him turn to look at the other. Baekhyun smiled thankfully as Tao handed him a pair of painkillers, his eyes filled with worry for the shorter. Baekhyun smiled gratefully and took them, along with the glass of water that Tao had ordered just now. He downed them with a sigh and pressed the cold glass to his cheek with a smile. It didn't hurt as much as before, but at least he knew that the cold would lower the swell.

"Let me see it" Tao said, looking at the bruise with the light of his phone providing a better view.

"How does it look?" Baekhyun asked, side looking at Tao's face. Tao looked at Baekhyun and side smiled.

"It looks purple and black, like any ugly bruise" Tao chuckled a little before draping his arm around Baekhyun's shoulder. Baekhyun smiled and snuggled to his boyfriend's side, looking up when Chanyeol got back to his seat.

"ing airplane bathrooms, so goddamned small" Chanyeol grumbled, putting his Pikachu travel pillow around his neck and hugging his swaggy seal plush, which was basically a round white seal with green shades.

"What's the matter Yeol? Uncomfortable bathroom break?" Baekhyun teased, chuckling a little.

"That's an understatement, next time I will do everything on the floor so that they have to clean it" Chanyeol grumbled and sighed looking at the movie that was playing on the plane's tv.

"Don't worry Yeol, we will be there soon and you won’t have to deal with small bathrooms" Baekhyun reassured, Tao nodding in agreement.

"If you say so" Chanyeol nodded, taking a look at the hour on his phone before huffing.

"We should get some sleep, we won’t get there until morning" Tao said with a smile, getting comfortable and letting Baekhyun get comfortable himself.

"That's a great idea" Baekhyun mumbled with a smile, sighing happily before drifting off. Tao smiled caressing Baekhyun's side and looking at Chanyeol. Chanyeol smiled back and chuckled, before pointing a warning finger when Tao was about to say something.

"Don't! You won’t do this! And I will ring his fat neck for telling you!" Chanyeol huffed grumpily. Tao laughed, trying to keep it down. Chanyeol couldn't help it and laughed along with him. They talked for a while, sharing some things now that they had something in common apparently. They kept it like that until they both fell asleep for the rest of the flight.

-

By the time Baekhyun woke up, they were ready for landing. He softly woke up Tao and then Chanyeol, the taller men waking up slowly before straightening their seats and arranging their hairs a little.

The landing was smoothly and before they knew it they were at the luggage pick up area. A lot of people crowded the airport, as it was usual for airports. The trio took a detour to the bathroom to freshen up quickly before heading out to the pickup area.

"So? Where are they?" Baekhyun asked yawning. And leaning against Tao sleepily. Tao released his own wide yawn before shrugging.

"I don't know, ask Chanyeol, he was the one who planned this" Tao said looking around.

"Hey Chanyeol- Yeol!" Baekhyun huffed when he saw Chanyeol asleep on a bench. He marched to him and shook him awake, the man yelping and looking before focusing on Baekhyun with a sheepish grin.

"Come again, I dozed off" Chanyeol chuckled scratching the back of his head.

"Doze off? You were snoring!" Baekhyun laughed shaking his head. Tao chuckled from his spot leaning against a column.

"Yeah sorry sorry, so what was it?" Chanyeol asked again sitting up.

"Where are your friends? The ones that would help us" Baekhyun asked looking at the people around before looking back at his best friend.

"They said they were on their way" Chanyeol said with a smile. Baekhyun hummed and sat down next to Chanyeol.

"So.... Who are they? What are their names? I don't want to be an awkward blob when they get here" Baekhyun said, squinting when Tao laughed.

"Sorry, nothing to see here" Tao said, swallowing his laughter and holding his hands up in surrender.

"Don't worry Baek, you won’t be awkward, you'll know them" Chanyeol reassured with an innocent grin. Baekhyun frowned, wrecking his brain again trying to think who the hell those friends could be but coming up empty handed.

"Easy for you two to say that, Tao is Chinese and you handle the mandarin better than me, I at it" Baekhyun whined with a pout. Tao chuckled and walked closer to them, softly ruffling his hair.

"Come on Baekkie, even if you don't know them, I'll be here to help you, so there's nothing to worry about" Tao reassured the shorter, sitting next to him and once again checking his bruise. Baekhyun jumped slightly when Chanyeol's phoned ringed, cringing when he bumped his bruised side of the jaw against Tao's hand.

"Oh god! Are you ok!" Tao asked in a panic, pulling his hands back to not hurt Baekhyun again.

"Yeah, all good" Baekhyun groaned rubbing his bruise lightly. Tao sighed in relieve and looked up at Chanyeol.

"Sorry, let me answer it" Chanyeol said, hurriedly answering the call, getting up and giving a few steps as he started to talk. He turned to the couple, mouthing 'it's them' before resuming his talk through the phone. To his surprise, Chanyeol started to talk in Korean half way through the conversation. The dorky man got up and started to crane his neck up, trying to find his friends around the crowd, a grin taking over his lips.

"Ok yeah, I saw you, be right there, and don’t move" he said before going to Tao and Baekhyun.

"They're here?" Baekhyun asked, Tao already getting up and gathering his and Baekhyun's things.

"Yeah, they are this way" Chanyeol grinned, grabbing his things and nodded, leading the way. Baekhyun followed his best friend, not sure if he should be nervous or excited to meet new people. As they made their way through the crowd, the first thing Baekhyun spotted was a sign that someone was holding up in the air. He frowned at the strange words that were written all over the cardboard the person was holding, wondering who would do such a weird joke. The sign read:

Here to pick up extra scrambled eggy yolkies, grilled puppy and flea covered panda

"Who would do such a thing?" Baekhyun mumbled confused, Tao laughing and shaking his head as he held Baekhyun's hand so he wouldn't lose the other man. Baekhyun's frown deepened when they headed straight for the sign. Suddenly he thought of a certain person that would do those kinds of jokes, but it couldn't be... Could it?

"Yeah, found you!" Chanyeol grinned before ending the call, running up ahead.

"Hey! Wait up!" Baekhyun shrieked at the thought of getting lost, panicking a little more when Tao pulled him up ahead.

"Baekhyun! Meet our friends" Chanyeol said as an introduction with a wide grin. He frowned looking as the man moved to the side to reveal two way too familiar men grinning down at him. He knew the pair all too well.

"No way! You two!" Baekhyun looked at the pair with wide eyes, a grin forming on his lips for lack of better reaction. His brain was mess as he tried to process everything.

"It's good to see you again Baek" the man with the sign said, his all to well-known deep voice greeting them. He looked at Tao and clasped his hand, shaking it before sharing a friendly brotherly hug with him.

"It's been a very long time Baek, you haven't changed much" the other man said with his own smile, his smooth almost angelic voice taking Baekhyun back in time to when he had to hear them in a daily basis. Tao bumped fists with this man before looking at Baekhyun, chuckling at the man's still shocked face.

If it wasn't enough shock for Baekhyun to be getting help from none other than their ex-bandmates Kris and Luhan. What came next made Baekhyun's jaw to hit the floor.

"Missed me bunny ?" Kris said to Chanyeol with a grin, the other giving him a punch on the chest before crush hugging him.