The Lyric Master

My Cursed Lineage

Hanmi got home as fast as she could to deliver her sister the big news. She can barely contain her excitement as she banged the door and demanded her sister open it AT ONCE.

 

"Unnie! Unnie! Hurry and let me in!" screamed Hanmi. The door opened and Eunmi stood there, her hair a bit frazzled as she was taking a good afternoon nap. Her eyes were still sleepy and she was in bedroom clothes. But she had barely made out who the person was at the door when Hanmi jumped at her and hugged her for dear life.

 

"Oh my gawd! Oh my gawd, let go of me! What's wrong? Did they insult you there? Did they-!"

 

"No, no, unnie, listen! Lee Soo Man-THE Lee Soo Man-told me I could work for him as a lyricist!" Hanmi blurted out, not taking a breath between the words.

 

"Wait...WHAT?! Come in, I'll get you a snack and we can talk," said Eunmi.

 

"No time for snacks. Come on!" said Hanmi, pulling her sister inside and plunking her down the coulch. Hanmi positioned herself kneeling in front of her sister on the floor, with her arms on her sister's knees. She looked like an excited puppy with shining eyes.

 

"Ok, tell me the WHOLE story, ok?" said Eunmi, bracing herself for a spazz-filled story.

 

"Well, it happened just as I expected..." began Hanmi.

 

For the next half hour, Hanmi indulged her sister in her morning's story, exaggerating a few parts, disregarding a few. Eunmi never got a word in.

 

"And so, I agreed to come tomorrow, so he could show me around! It's so awesome, right?!?!" exclaimed Hanmi, putting to a close her narration of the best morning she's had in weeks. Yet, anyway.

 

"Yeah, it is. I can't believe it! I'm so proud of you!" said Eunmi, sharing her little sister's excitement. She leaned in and hugged her. 

 

"You think they'd be proud too?" asked Hanmi. The sister's cast a glance at the picture of their parents.

 

"Of course. No one would be prouder than them," said Eunmi sweetly. "Come on, help me prepare dinner."

 

The next day, Hanmi dressed in her most preppy outfit, just so she could look smart ("But you ARE smart," said Eunmi.). Besides, she might see her biases from SM Ent! She was wearing a white polo shirt inside a green blazer and a pleated black skirt. She also put on high knee socks and black-rimmed glasses without the grade.

 

"Unnie, I'm going!" called Hanmi as she slipped on her black shoes.

 

"Be safe! And remember your curfew!" called Eunmi back.

 

Hanmi began her journey to the building of hopes and dreams. Upon arriving there, she immediately spotted Mr Lee sitting easy on the lounge chairs, reading a coffee table magazine. SHe hurried over to him and bowed low.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo! I'm so sorry I'm late! Have you been waiting long?" she said, bowing profusely.

 

"No, no, it's ok. I just got here. Ok, shall we proceed with the tour?"

 

"Yes, sir!"

 

Lee Soo Man showed Hanmi all the nooks and crannies in SM Ent. building. The practice rooms, the offices, and meeting rooms, and even where Hanmi would be staying if she wished to write in the building. In short, her very own office near the Big Man's! They ended the tour at around 4 in the afternoon, right in the lobby.

 

"So, did you like our cozy home?" asked Mr. Lee.

 

"It's really neat, sir. I love my office," said Hanmi, smiling. "Thank you so much," she said while bowing.

 

"I like you, child. I'm reminded of family because of you," said Mr. Lee.

 

Hanmi smiled and blushed. Then she noticed her watch. "Omo! My unnie would be looking for me!"

 

"Take care, ok? Be safe!" said Lee Soo Man as she watched Hanmi bow and rush out of the building. He smiled and nodded, then returned to his offce.

 

The next day, Hanmi showed up in the Big Boss' office.

 

"Oh, Hanmi, you're early today. May I help you?" said Mr. Lee.

 

"Actually, sir, I just wanna show you some of my works. They're kind of old now, but if you like my style..." said Hanmi, handing Mr. Lee a neat folder.

 

Lee Soo Man took the handwritten notes out of the folder and reviewed them one by one. Hanmi was breaking out in cold sweat. Then Mr. Lee smiled.

 

"I like them. I like them very much," he said. He returned all the notes in the folder, but held one back, the one with the title 'Birth of a Family' (A/N: Lol, yeah, I remembered Infinite.). "May I keep this for while?"

 

"Thank you so much, sir! And, of course, you may keep it, sir," said Hanmi. She got her folder, bowed, and went out.

 

Lee Soo Man looked over the song 'Birth of a Family'. With lines like, 'You stand for me, I stand for you' and 'Together take on the world', Lee Soo Man was really impressed. He didn't hesitate picking up the phone.

 

"Yeoboseyo? Is this Yang Hyun Suk? Of YG Entertaiment? Yes, yes! Hi, how have you been? Yeah? Listen, I've just found a prize lyricist and I was wondering if you'd like to share it with me. No, I don't mind. I'm going to contact the others. Yeah. Ok! Nice hearing from you again, Hyun Suk!"

 

Lee Soo Man's phone calls didn't end there. He contacted JYP, Starship, Woolim, WM, TOP Media, and other known music companies.

 

And so Hanmi the Lyric Master was born at 16, not only in SM, but in the whole idol world.