Dawn of a New Life (Epilogue)

My Cursed Lineage

 

“Thank you, Inspirits!” called a teary-eyed Woohyun to the mad crowd. The screams only got louder. Dongwoo and Myungsoo were crying like nobody’s business. Even Sungjong and Hoya were shedding a few tears. Only Sunggyu and Sungyeol remained calm (on the outside, at least).

 

“Encore! My Lovely Inspirit!” yelled the overly-hyped up fangirls. The boys looked at each other and smiled.

 

“I believed that nothing’s over,” began Woohyun.

 

It has been a year and a half since Sungjong reclaimed his memories of Hanmi, and ever since then Infinite rose into the top charts. Hanmi resumed her job as the K-Pop world’s top lyricist. She even hosted some song-writing classes for aspiring composers. Kwangmin, Gongchan and Changjo often visit her in place of the Four, who only visited in her dreams now. Eunmi found herself a job as a stylist noona for—ta da!—SM Ent.!

 

Later, Infinite had a celebratory party in their dorm for their success at Inkigayo. While they were celebrating, Hoya felt that something was missing.

 

“Yah. Has anyone seen Sungjong?”

 

Elsewhere, a boy of 20 and a girl of 19 were walking hand-in-hand under the lovely moonlight.

 

“I won’t ever get tired of enjoying walks under the moon,” sighed Hanmi as she looked at her once-enemy-now-friend the moon.

 

“You don’t have anything to fear about it now,” said Sungjong, staring at the moon too.

 

Hanmi looked at Sungjong. He was a beauty under the moon’s silvery light. His skin was just the teeny bit pale and his lips were like red roses.

 

“It’s all because of you,” she whispered.

 

Sungjong looked at her. “Your prettiest bias?” he teased.

 

“Try prettiest boyfriend.”

 

Sungjong got the shock of his life when Hanmi stood on her toes and touched her lips with his. But happiness trumped shock and he kissed her back.

 

Ever since Sungjong reclaimed his memories of Hanmi, she had let him try and court her. And they’ve never shared a kiss, not even on the cheek. That night, the cursed death day, became the day Sungjong and Hanmi finally became one. And the next day, it was Hanmi’s birthday.

 

THE END

 

(Wait! One last thing!)

 

When Sungjong pulled out of the kiss, he smirked. “Your boyfriends aren’t gonna like that.”

 

“Nah, they won’t mind,” said Hanmi as she put her head against her new boyfriend’s shoulder. Sungjong wrapped his arm around her waist protectively and affectionately. And this was just the beginning of a new life.

 

Now I’m serious.

 

THE END