Love Will Drive You Mad

Let's Not Fall In Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona wiped her tears dry with her long sleeves. The events that took place these few days had her emotions all bottled up. She had been strong long enough before she finally let in just now. She had no control over her tears just now. It just came pouring out. Even she hadn't been able to foresee it. However, she had clearly seen the face of the boy who had helped her just now. Through her teary eyes, she saw the face of Kwon Ji Yong.

Kwon Ji Yong. The notorious student from her school. She remembered they shared a dance last month during prom. That night, he held her close and they danced all night. That was the last time she had been truly happy. The last time he looked her in the eyes, he was smiling. Just a few minutes ago, the same face that had smiled at her was in a frown. She realized now that it must had been hard for him to have to act all happy and jolly during prom night. Who would enjoy the company of the timid and boring Im Yoona? Just the thought of that makes her inner eye corner wet again. She quickly regained her composure and left that place.

Ji Yong was quiet throughout their whole outing since he came back into the room. Nobody knew what happened and nobody asked. They knew he was not in a good mood. Nobody were stupid enough to get themselves into trouble. Surprisingly, even Tiffany hadn't said much. She was just sitting quietly at a corner far away from Ji Yong, sipping her juice. There were not much emotions on both their faces. Seung Ri and Hyuna couldn't stand the awkward atmosphere and left early. The room became dead quiet once they left. Tiffany finished sipping her juice and stood up.

 

     'I'm leaving.'

Tiffany headed for the door but slowed down and turned around to look at Ji Yong. Ji Yong didn't bother to look at her. He seemed to be still lost in his own thoughts. Tiffany bit her lips and slammed the door hard after she left. Ji Yeon crept closer to Young Bae.

 

     'Don't you think there's more room over there?'

Young Bae said straight to Ji Yeon's face. Ji Yeon had been trying really hard to gain a place in their squad these days. Things, however, had not gone according to her plans. He knew her intentions and was obviously not interested.  Ji Yeon was taken aback by his words and her pretty face was distorted in embarrassment. She left the room too. There's only Young Bae and Ji Yong in the room right now. Young Bae stood up and kicked Ji Yong in his right foot.

 

     'Let's go get some drinks.'

Tiffany shut the door to her room and laid on her queen sized bed. She stared up at the tall ceiling of her room. The chandelier lights almost blinded her but she didn't care. Her eyes were blank and her hands started clawing on her silk bedsheets. She had seen what happened at the entrance of the karaoke center just now. Their interaction was reflected in her eyes. She saw how Ji Yong's expression changed when he saw the crying face of Yoona. She remembered how afraid she was if he was to find out that she followed him out as she ran back to the karaoke room, pretending that she went to the washroom just now. Her hands were trembling as she held on to the glass of juice like she was holding on to her dear life. Up till now, her pretty fingers were still shaking uncontrollably.

For as long as she could remember, Tiffany had been in love with Ji Yong since the first day they met. It was a moody Sunday afternoon in the month of April 2001.  Tiffany was new in town and she was wandering around her new neighborhood. She wore a white princess- like dress, a pair of laced stockings and her favorite pair of glittery white dress shoes. Her right hand was holding a little pink umbrella. She walked the streets

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter