Chapter 5

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin was euphoric over his win. He had finally won against Jungkook, and the face Jungkook was making was priceless. He looked so shocked like he couldn’t believe he’d actually lost. He was contemplating how his luck could possibly be worse than Jimin’s. Jimin, on the other hand, was so elated. He had a huge grin that was threatening to rip his face in half, he just couldn’t help himself. He didn’t even understand why he was so happy after all, Uno really was a game of luck and chance, and he’d just ended up more lucky than Jungkook was all. Still, a win was a win, and he had won! He had finally won, and now he got to make demands! All his questions would be answered in the next ten minutes!

“Sooo...I won!” Jimin said with a Cheshire grin. Jungkook just nodded his face morphing into one of displeasure.

“Yea...you finally won...well go ahead and bombard me with all your questions, you only have ten minutes. And I won’t answer anything that exceeds your ten minutes. Your time starts now.” Jungkook warned checking the time on his watch.

“Ok, first why were you mad, a real answer this time, please. One with an actual explanation and no beating around the bush.” Jimin said sternly.

“I...well..you see...um…” Jungkook seemed hesitant to answer, and a light pink hue was starting to tint his cheeks.

“Jungkook,” Jimin said his name in a warning tone causing Jungkook to sputter out his answer more quickly.

“It’s not because I like Tae! Don’t think that ever! I don’t like him at all!...Rather...uh...I was just...jealous.” Jungkook finally says covering his flushed face with his hands and peeking through them to gauge Jimin’s reaction. Jimin just looked at him puzzled.

“What were you jealous of?” Jimin asked.

“...That you two...are so close...I guess...I wish we were that close…” Jungkook mumbled removing his hands from his face.

“Why? We barely know each other. We met yesterday. Why would you want to be close to me?” Jimin asked perplexed as he leaned back in his seat awaiting an answer.

“....next question,” Jungkook said looking away.

“Hey, no fair! You can’t not answer a question I ask.” Jimin exclaimed.

“You never said I had to answer them!” Jungkook stated.

“If I recall my exact wording was ‘you answer all the question I ask you’ which implies you can’t skip questions!” Jimin argues back.

“Gahh fine! You’re a decent person, sue me for wanting to get close to you. Next question?” Jungkook replied eyebrows furrowed together.

“Well...didn’t see that coming...most people avoid me since I avoid them...If you want to get to know me, then...I guess I’m not opposed to it.” Jimin said looking at Jungkook seriously.

“Thanks, I guess? I was going to try and get to know you more anyway.” Jungkook grumbled.

“...Um...ok...so, when we first met you said there were more reasons to what you did, what were those reasons?” Jimin asked.

“...I forgot.” Jungkook said blinking at Jimin.

“Don’t lie…” Jimin said reading right through the lie.

“No...I really did forget.” Jungkook insisted.

“I can easily tell when people lie to me Jungkook,” Jimin replied.

“...Fine... the other reason was because I thought you were cute and I would feel bad if I didn’t give you a chance at refusing.” Jungkook answered.

“But you didn’t really give me a chance. You knew you’d win that game.” Jimin reasoned.

“Actually I didn’t. I know I’m decent at chess, and I’d heard you used to play and were decent as well. So I thought it would be a fair game.” Jungkook said shrugging.

“Fine. How’d you know I used to play chess?” Jimin questioned.

“...I heard it from a friend who knows you.” Jungkook answered vaguely.

“Ok...hey, are you still mad?” Jimin asked, raising an eyebrow, even though Jungkook had apologized he’d never said he wasn’t mad anymore. Yes, he’d apologized for being angry but he never said he regretted it.

“...Kind of?” Jungkook answered.

“Why? We established that hug wasn’t intimate. You don’t like Tae. I said we could get to know each other. So why? What would make you stop being mad?” Jimin inquired.

“...Promise you won’t laugh at what I say as my answer.” Jungkook spoke quietly.

“Promise.” Jimin agreed with a nod.

“I want a hug too...it’s not fair you let Tae comfort you when it should have been me.” Jungkook pouted quietly as he looked everywhere but at Jimin. Jimin was stunned, that was definitely not the answer he was expecting.

“Hold on...what?...Why should it have been you?” Jimin continued to inquire.

“I’m the one who made you cry, I should be the one to comfort you and fix it…” Jungkook mumbled, a darker pink hue dusting his cheeks.

“Uh...ok...I...honestly have no idea how to respond to that,” Jimin said still stunned by Jungkook’s logic.

“Just let me hug you already! Then I’d stop being mad!” Jungkook cried sinking into his seat in exasperation. Jimin blinked surprised by Jungkook’s action and tone.

“That’s seriously all you need to stop being mad?” Jimin asked getting up from his seat and approaching Jungkook. Jungkook sat up again and nodded, looking hopeful.

“Fine...get up,” Jimin said quietly. Jungkook jumped from his seat and tackled Jimin into a hug, holding on tightly as if he’d never get the chance again. Jimin hugged back a little awkwardly finding his clinginess a bit weird but also cute. After a few seconds, Jimin tried to pull back but Jungkook wouldn’t let him, he held on tighter pressing Jimin’s face into his chest and resting his chin on Jimin’s hair. It was then that Jimin realized just how small he was compared to Jungkook, and he began to wonder about it as they continued to hug.

“Hmm...just like I remember it to be,” Jungkook mumbled really quietly into Jimin’s hair, so quietly Jimin almost didn’t catch his words since he was still marveling their height difference.

“Excuse me? What do you mean by that?” Jimin questioned pulling his head away but unable to pull his body away. Jungkook blinked down at him before looking at his watch.

“Time's up, I don’t have to answer that,” Jungkook said finally letting go and quickly turning away from Jimin to pick up the Uno cards and put them away.

“Hey! Come on, why not? Jungkook do we know each other?... I mean like did we used to know each other?... I’ve been wondering that for a while. You act like you know me sometimes, and it was weird, but maybe...you actually do?” Jimin rambled on hoping he’d get an answer, but nope. Jungkook did

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter