Chapter 20

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon and Jimin had begun dating back in high school when Jimin was a junior and Namjoon was a senior. Jimin had dated before Namjoon, but they’d all been girls up to that point. Namjoon was the first guy he ever fell in love with and actually dated. Namjoon and Jimin had set their sights on the same college and were both elated when Namjoon managed to get in. A year later Jimin managed to follow, and so they continued to date throughout college even though the both of them were busy and only saw each other about three times a week. They managed to stay together despite all the hardships they had.

Even after Namjoon graduated and started law school they were still dating. Jimin would see him maybe four or five times a month, but they tried to stay strong. Once Jimin graduated college and went to pursue his doctorate in psychology, they no longer found time to go on dates at all. One or the other would constantly be busy and many dates had to be canceled because something would come up. So after about five months of hardly any contact, they finally managed to schedule a date that neither of them canceled. However, the date had been disastrous.

It had gone really bad from the beginning and they had argued, said some things that really should never be said. After that they stopped talking to each other completely, they never bothered clearing the air between the two of them, and so Jimin assumed they had broken up that day. And he’d never been corrected of this assumption since he’d never heard from or seen Namjoon for the many years that followed. It had been well over five years and Jimin honestly never expected to see him again.

“So you two know each other I’m guessing.” Jungkook suddenly spoke up pulling Jimin away from his own thoughts.

“Yea...you could say that...um, here’s the files you requested Jungkook,” Namjoon answered and then handed some files over to Jungkook who took them with a small smile.

“Thanks,” Jungkook said and glanced at the two older males who were still staring at each other. “How do you two know each other?” he continued looking perplexed.

“...We went to high school and college together.” Jimin decided to say and Namjoon frowned at the answer.

“Yea…” He agreed hesitantly as he stared at Jimin who stared right back.

“Oh, I see,” Jungkook said as he stared at the two elders who were looking at each other. He could feel the tension between them and wondered what had occurred between them to cause it. “Um...I’m going to go grab the papers I was telling you about, so I guess just take a seat and wait here?” Jungkook continued and Namjoon nodded breaking off eye contact with Jimin who returned his gaze to his food. Jungkook left them uneasily as Namjoon sat down across from Jimin who didn’t look up.

“Jiminie?” Namjoon called out after a few seconds of silence. Jimin looked up at him questioningly.

“...Why are you calling me that?” Jimin asked.

“...It’s a habit.” Namjoon answered quietly.

“Well get rid of it,” Jimin demanded.

“Sorry…” came Namjoon’s shaky reply.

“For what exactly?” Jimin asked sarcastically.

“For..everything...for getting mad at you that day...for never contacting you afterward...for letting things fall apart like they did,” Namjoon answered with a sigh that radiated regret.

“Yea..well it’s a little late for such apologies,” Jimin muttered.

“I know...I realize that...but Jimin I really am sorry...I regret yelling at you that day, and I especially regret not calling you afterward...It’s one of the worst mistakes I’ve ever made...Please forgive me. I’ll do anything for you to forgive me” Namjoon said.

“...Why exactly are you apologizing and saying all that now?” Jimin asked looking at him uncertainly.

“...Because I wanted to call you, I really did, but as the months went by, I became more and more scared to...and you never contacted me either...and so I tried to forget you...despite how much I tried to forget you over the years I never could...I always thought about how things would be different if I weren’t such a coward...I wanted to see you again so badly...I tried to convince myself it was just a temporary thing….but it never was...I always suspected it wasn’t...and I realize that even now I still feel the same way I did back then...Jimin I still love you.” Namjoon finally concluded sounding sincere. Jimin frowned not knowing how to respond to what Namjoon just told him.

“Namjo-” Jimin was cut off when Jungkook suddenly appeared behind him and spoke up.

“Here you go Namjoon,” Jungkook said shoving a folder into Namjoon’s hands. Namjoon looked up at Jungkook surprised by his sudden arrival.

“Well if there isn’t anything missing, you should be going.” Jungkook continued without pause.

“Uh...yea I should be going then...see you later Jungkook...Jimin, I know I shouldn’t ask this...but will you please call me?” Namjoon asked with pleading eyes directed at Jimin. Jimin hesitated but before he could answer Namjoon pulled out a card and handed it to him saying, “Just once. Just call me once so that we both can finally get closure. Please.”

After saying that he hurried out of the room not allowing Jimin the chance to reject him outright. Jimin sighed as he stared at the card in his hand in dismay. That was not how he had imagined his day would end. Jungkook sat down where Namjoon had previously been sitting. He stared at the card in Jimin’s hand with a blank expression.

“Are you going to call him?” Jungkook finally asked effectively getting Jimin’s attention.

“I’m...not sure... I think I might.” Jimin answered as he pocketed the card and finished his food. Jungkook did the same not uttering another word throughout dinner. After they’d eaten, they went to their respective rooms bidding each other a goodnight. Jimin stayed up to work out on the company thing a bit longer before heading off to bed.

Jimin awoke the next day with an idea on how to deal with the annoying shareholders. Since they were going to pull out no matter what, instead of finding new business partners, Jimin wondered if any of the other shareholders in the company would be willing to take some of the shares that would be returned. He quickly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter